Massive Change when?
I once heard BHVR had no problem if New players on DBD are having fun from the get-go with the Game. 350K Tournament just showed how New players and Big Name streamers don't like the game at all. So if big name streamers just showed how they hate the game to their massive audience, that's a big ass problem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjJ0voPH2k0Edit: My Point is they just showed a bad experience of the game to 500K+ Viewers
Let's just say 250K of those viewers are not familiar with DBD, IF I was one of those people, I sure ain't gonna try the game.

Comments
I hate to break it to you, but probably never...
Are you really comparing a tournament with a significant pricepool to the regular DBD-experience?
Obviously the players are more stressed and less likely to have fun with such a high pricepool involved. Let alone that DBD Is still no tournament-game.
Sure they're stressed but again This ARE BIG NAME STREAMERS WITH MASSIVE AUDIENCES, they just showed how they hate DBD so badly. Like Shroud straight up uninstalled, is that not a bad thing?
Edit: If I'm an avid follower of Shroud, a Guy who rekts at competitive scenes in any shooter and I saw how bad his experience is at the game, I sure ain't trying DBD.
So, random dude who gets his money by screaming into a screen is uninstalling? And has never played DBD before? And would have never done it anyway?
Big oof.
"Edit: If I'm an avid follower of Shroud, a Guy who rekts at competitive scenes in any shooter and I saw how bad his experience is at the game, I sure ain't trying DBD."
Yeah, but you cannot compare games which can actually have a competitive scene with DBD. DBD-Tournaments are a Joke and have ever been a Joke.
I take it you're not a fan of any of those Streamers huh? again my point is they just showed a bad experience of the game to 500K+ Viewers
Let's just say 250K of those viewers are not familiar with DBD, IF I was one of those people, I sure ain't gonna try the game.
tl:dr This is just bad publicity lol
I think it's naive to downplay the amount of publicity big-name content creators can bring to a game. In positive or negative.
The new player experience in dbd is terrible. The business model is based on revolving doors. Bring in fresh customers with new licenses. They play the game for a few hours and they never touch it again. Rinse'n'repeat.
Player retention is not a concern the devs seem to have. Proof being that the game has fundamental problems that stay sometimes for years before being addressed and maybe not even solved and then just swept under the rug and forgotten.
Yeah, but a fan-organized tournament with a few clowns who never played DBD before and would have never played it without this tournament is not really a good argument at all.
Tournament-DBD has nothing to do with the DBD you experience in public games. And DBD is not really a game for tournaments, you can have tournaments in so many games, but not DBD. Let alone that they apparently even added rules which are not even in regular DBD-torunaments (like banning camping).
So this is really a big stretch.
The Problem is they just showed a bad experience to 500K Viewers.
Imagine, your favorite streamer who is normally great at any games just said "I'm uninstalling this #########. Never playing this again" Would you try that game yourself?
You know, I watch more mature Streamers. And even those who I watch because they are very, very good at the game they are playing would not scream and almost cry when they dislike a game...
So not sure if you really want the fanbase of those Streamers in DBD anyway. The community is already annoying and toxic enough.
From what I know the Devs had some part in the tournament as the streamers were given killer codes for free... Even Demogorgon codes who is no longer for sale.
So They shot themselves in the foot.
They thought these people were gonna have fun but it became the opposite lol.
Giving away codes is different from organizing a tournament. But personally, I think they should not get involved in any tournament with such a huge amount of money you can earn.
Too late, Devs didnt expect these streamers weren't gonna have a fun time lol
The problem is that thousands of those viewers are unfamiliar with DBD, they don't know the difference between the competitive setting and the actual game, they probably knew nothing about the game before that stream.
And that's what they saw.
Not like anything will change anyway, behaviour has this sort of luck where their game is the leader of the genre yet they go under the radar when it comes to PR
Yeah how can it happen that people who play a game for their first time, knowing nothing about it at all, getting setup with some game-changing rules and having to sweat their ass off due to some high price to win, getting bad experience in a genre that is fundamentally different to organized competitive scene? Sigh. Everyone who thinks that a asymetrical game can be compared to a basic shooter or fighter that has truely no hurdle if you played at least once another game of this sort, is completely disillusioned. There is nothing comparable to DBD to be played. Its a completely different game design.