Why is it OK when there are tons straight characters in DBD but when there is one gay it's an issue
Seriously, where was this energy when there were characters confirmed straight/bi/? SERIOUSLY, I don't understand why it's OK when straight people get representation but when the LGBTQ community does it's an issue.
And for anyone questioning why this post is needed, I'll put a small essay (tldr will be in comments because I know people don't have time to read an entire Bible on here.
Ever since I was a kid, I was bullied for acting a lil too... you know 💀💀💀
It eventually got to the point where I would literally suppress my feelings for crushes and people I loved just to fit in.
(good God I'm tearing up while making this)
It was so bad that I eventually ended up dating girls even though I barely like them sexually. ( I am bisexual but have more of a preference towards men ).
Eventually when I came out at 14, I got kicked out and had to live on the streets for a few months. It was rough, and it was all because I simply liked men.
So when I finally met Kason (my boyfriend) my world changed.
He and my brother introduced me to DBD.
So when I saw that David was confirmed gay, me and the rest of the LGBT community rejoiced and celebrated. You wanna know why?
Because if we didn't celebrate it, who would've?
TLDR: I got bullied and got kicked out of the households for being 🌈 when I was a teenager. I met my bf Kason, who introduced me to DBD, and when I saw David was gay, me and the LGBT community rejoiced because who else would've?
And Kason, if you see this (even though you probably don't use the forums, just know that I love you too much to even put into words.
Comments
see this is what you wanted. to argue with people about this on a horror game. this isn't the place for that
It’s simply not a choice to be attracted to whichever.
If you, a hetereosexual individial, decide to “prove [me] wrong”, it is a choice. But it is a choice for a completely different reason. You state yourself it’s out of spite. You yourself choose to follow up on that spite. One does simply not choose that they like men, women, or even chairs for all I care. You can decide to follow up on that or not, but that doesn’t change that you are attracted to that. To use your own example, you could pursue a homosexual relationship, but it is never going to be a genuine one because, as you said, you’re a heterosexual indivual.
As for the last comment, I don’t even know what you are referring to as “being denied”.
And about your comments to another poster, yes there are other reasons to pursue a relationship. Those are rational choices, once again not made out of attraction.
Only your own victim complex it seems.
What victim complex is that?
Because I changed my main?
Depends on why you changed your main.
Because you're so offended by your main not being heterosexual that you'd rather lose all your progress and complain about it.
Now imagine if every homosrxual was as petty as you. We'd never get to play any games.
It doesn't matter why, at no point was I playing a victim or looking for sympathy. I just stated what I did, which was change my main.
Why did you change your main?
I think we all know why they changed their main
you are aware those comments can still be viewed, right?
Yes?
What the hell is this thread
A thread about fictional characters or some kind of existential debate thread
Same reason I don't play as a woman, I'm not gay so I won't play a gay character.
Well, you see, it completely renders your whole argument moot.
As this thread has gotten wildly out of hand, I am cleaning up and closing this thread here. Thank you to everyone who discussed this topic in a civil and respectful manner. And once again a reminder that a person's identity, and representation, are absolutely not political matters.