I've been playing for a couple of years, I have questions and thoughts...
Why do survivor map offerings always cancel out killer offerings? Lost five RPD badges at trying to get the map because I was running Nemesis.
DS needs a buff as I think it should be for the second hook stage, too. Because it doesn't really prevent tunneling. And that it goes away after you touch a gen or heal yourself or a survivor, or do totems is a bunch of bull.
COH should definitely be nerfed, maybe add an active for so long timer on it?
Why are hackers still a thing when you quite literally have to record the hack, send it to BHVR and report the player(s). So both the developers don't work and neither does EAC.
Why is the MMR getting worse? One survivor chased for 50 seconds before downing, three gen pops even with Corrupt. Sort it out, lads.
More gay people are angry with BHVR for suddenly announcing a long-known straight character is gay. Straight people, not bothered because Dead Hard sucks. So good job there, guys. Just make a brand new character...
Haddonfield, no matter what cosmetics, still broken for both killers and survivors. What's the point of PTBs?
Why the complaints on NoED, when quite literally it effects end game after all gens are done. What else is the killer supposed to do, play fair when he has three hooks and you're all healed camping a 99'd door, kiss my rotund rump!
Lethal Persuer is broken to all hell as the timer starts when the game loads and starts panning. Most of the time you're facing a wall.
I killer main, usually but dabble as a survivor. I don't toxic anyone as either, no Face camping, no tunneling, no gen rushing, no bullying the killer in to infinite loops for a 4 gen run. And yet all I face as both is all of the above. Why is this game still toxic AF and steps haven't been made to fix the real issues, not where pallets are on Haddonfield.
Comments
Just some comments on some points:
"Why do survivor map offerings always cancel out killer offerings? Lost five RPD badges at trying to get the map because I was running Nemesis."
This is not the case. If both Survivor and Killer use an Offering, it is a 50/50 which Map will be picked. You just got unlucky. But IMO if an Offering is not used, it should not be burned. But this should not be visible in the Offering Screen so that the person whose Offering will not be used cannot just quit out.
"More gay people are angry with BHVR for suddenly announcing a long-known straight character is gay. Straight people, not bothered because Dead Hard sucks. So good job there, guys. Just make a brand new character..."
No Character was "long-known straight". The Characters were basically nothing, you could assume that they were straight or you could assume that they were gay or just think of what you liked the most.
"Why are hackers still a thing when you quite literally have to record the hack, send it to BHVR and report the player(s). So both the developers don't work and neither does EAC."
You will ALWAYS have Cheaters or Hackers in every game. The best Anti-Cheat will not prevent it. Hackers and Cheaters are banned in Waves, so it might be possible that one Cheater will be active for a few days before they get banned.
Also, BHVR just recently banned a huge amount of Cheaters. However, if those Cheaters manage to avoid the new methods against Cheating, they can cheat again. This is just how this works, Devs put in something against Cheating, Cheaters find a way to get around and Devs will fix this at some point, so the Cheaters will search for a new gap.
Thanks for the reply. It mentions in David's lore him previously being in a straight relationship. That was the LGBTQIA2+ issue.
Many gay people have been in straight relationships and found out it was not for them. People are complicated.
"Why do survivor map offerings always cancel out killer offerings? Lost five RPD badges at trying to get the map because I was running Nemesis."
I dont think thats the case.
"DS needs a buff as I think it should be for the second hook stage, too. Because it doesn't really prevent tunneling. And that it goes away after you touch a gen or heal yourself or a survivor, or do totems is a bunch of bull."
DS is ridicoulus. the amount of time it can waste is already massive, and pre nerf was even worse since survivors could be rescued, go for a save, then hop in a locker with the killer on their arse and be completely fine. Also it works once per game, so if you get unhooked and dont use it, you have it for your second unhook.
"COH should definitely be nerfed, maybe add an active for so long timer on it?"
Thats a nice idea. Personally i would love a one time use deal, similar to hexes.
"Why are hackers still a thing when you quite literally have to record the hack, send it to BHVR and report the player(s). So both the developers don't work and neither does EAC."
The work force required is unrealistic, and if you just ban any survivor with a way/time function, you risk getting laggy/high ping players, or people who just ran into a perk bug banned. And so the arms race continues.
"Why is the MMR getting worse? One survivor chased for 50 seconds before downing, three gen pops even with Corrupt. Sort it out, lads."
Games i played within the recent mmr tests I've found my games to be a lot better in that regard, I think you were a bit unlucky.
"More gay people are angry with BHVR for suddenly announcing a long-known straight character is gay. Straight people, not bothered because Dead Hard sucks. So good job there, guys. Just make a brand new character..."
I dont care.
"Haddonfield, no matter what cosmetics, still broken for both killers and survivors. What's the point of PTBs?"
I really enjoy the new haddonfield, its so much more open and smaller too. the only ONLY thing I'd change would be the blue house RNG which is a bit odd currently.
"Why the complaints on NoED, when quite literally it effects end game after all gens are done. What else is the killer supposed to do, play fair when he has three hooks and you're all healed camping a 99'd door, kiss my rotund rump!"
I dont like the perk because its unfun for surv. I do see your point though, some complaints here have been ridicoulus.
"Lethal Persuer is broken to all hell as the timer starts when the game loads and starts panning. Most of the time you're facing a wall."
On PC it works just fine...
The fact that he previously had a girl friend doesn't make him straight. He could be still hiding and have a girlfriend as an alibi or he even could be bi
People don't automatically know their identities. Many gay people will get into hetero relationships because it's just what people are supposed to do, and then stay there in lukewarm dissatisfaction for ages until they figure out why it isn't working for them (and have the courage to be open with it.)
I agree with you about DS, though. Now that it's a pure anti-tunneling perk and not an invincibility shield, it could stand to be a little stronger at what it does. I think ideally, they could make it work for both hook stages, remove the skill check, and add touching the exit gate switch as one of the triggers that deactivates it. Likewise that they keep missing the point of what makes CoH strong with its nerfs and the report system is a joke - putting the onus on players to have recording software is pure bogus.
Why do survivor map offerings always cancel out killer offerings? ….
I don’t think that’s correct, I’m pretty sure when there’s multiple realm offerings it’s random which one takes precedence. (Except for the offering which cancels all others and forces a random realm.)
DS needs a buff as I think it should be for the second hook stage, too. Because it doesn't really prevent tunneling. And that it goes away after you touch a gen or heal yourself or a survivor, or do totems is a bunch of bull.
Decisive Strike does help against the situation it’s intended to help with, namely a killer immediately redowning someone who just got off a hook. There is no doubt it’s a disincentive to try and rehook someone right away as soon as they are unhooked.
And why shouldn’t it be cancelled if the survivor has worked on a gen or healed? If they’ve had time to do those things they it’s not “tunneling” if they get downed again.
COH should definitely be nerfed, maybe add an active for so long timer on it?
They just slowed down its healing speed again. I’m not sure if it’s slow enough yet or not but eventually if the self-healing speed from it becomes slow enough it won’t be an issue. Who would want to self-heal if it took 60 seconds for instance?
Why are hackers still a thing when you quite literally have to record the hack, send it to BHVR and report the player(s). So both the developers don't work and neither does EAC.
For reference they did do a large ban wave a week or two ago. I do agree though that the reporting system is pretty byzantine.
Why is the MMR getting worse? One survivor chased for 50 seconds before downing, three gen pops even with Corrupt. Sort it out, lads.
MMR is fine. If anything it’s actually gotten better on average. The issues people ascribe to MMR have more to do with how the high level meta feels possibly stale to play and with a lack of players for close match-ups depending on when you play, plus too many people leaving lobbies and forcing backfills.
More gay people are angry with BHVR for suddenly announcing a long-known straight character is gay. Straight people, not bothered because Dead Hard sucks. So good job there, guys. Just make a brand new character...
I don’t care about David’s lore one way or another, nor do I suspect it has anything to do with getting new characters in the development pipeline.
Haddonfield, no matter what cosmetics, still broken for both killers and survivors. What's the point of PTBs?
I’ve seen half the posts so far saying Haddonfield is much better than it was and other people posting that it’s either strongly survivor sided or strongly killer sided. I don’t think there’s any consensus on it yet at all.
Why the complaints on NoED, when quite literally it effects end game after all gens are done. What else is the killer supposed to do, play fair when he has three hooks and you're all healed camping a 99'd door, kiss my rotund rump!
I agree, NOED is a good perk but so is Haunted Grounds, I’m not all that convinced NOED has much more of an impact on kill rates than Haunted Grounds does. (At least I haven’t seen any stats so far to indicate it does.)
Lethal Persuer is broken to all hell as the timer starts when the game loads and starts panning. Most of the time you're facing a wall.
I agree, Lethal Pursuer probably should have its time extended maybe 2 or 3 seconds to make up for disparity in starting animations and such. Otherwise the perk is pretty decent, especially for killers that can quickly capitalize on the info,
The recording software comes standard with most PCs and their graphic card manufacture apps. I personally have Nvidia. And it's a button push to hit record. Same for PlayStation and Xbox consoles, too.
Also, the gay thing. I know a lot of people who were previously in a straight relationship before finding themselves, I'm not disputing nor mentioning anything to the contrary. The anger I identify with when it comes to the gripe of the LGBT community is that they just announced that a previously straight character is suddenly gay. When in actually fact it is bare minimum as far as representation is concerned. They could have quite literally modelled a character who's lore has them mentioning their secuality and whatever fashions and perks may come with it. Instead of just pointing at David and going, yeah he was gay all along.
If DS was the be all and end all of anti tunneling, all I'm saying is I've been tunneled plenty without ever having the opportunity to use it. What am I supposed to do after first hook? Wait around to be downed again or run as far from the killer as possible and do gens to escape? Remove the objective cancellation, but I would definitely agree to have it cancelled if the exit gates were touched, or hex totem. Since doing the latter is mostly by choice and isn't a prime survivor objective.
I get that it is simply a matter of sheer volume of hackers as to why I'm still seeing them, it's more frequent than not is my point.
The middle of Haddonfield is now an utter no-go for survivors now. And most of the RNG in the houses are broken as heck. There's a God loop in Myers residence now every single time. There's a totem that no one can get to behind an inaccessible door.
Also, we gotta talk SWFs. I don't agree with banning the ability to play with a team of mates, but remove their comms for God sake. Even the worst players can be like Seal Team Survivors if they've the ability to communicate the entire match. Or maybe take their comms off when their injured, dying or on the hook. I would stand the long lobby times at night if that was more balanced. Also, 10 min wait for survivor lobby, 3 seconds for killer lobby post 8pm. That is the SWFs doing the clogging. Just no fun to play whatsoever.
Mate I don't think the Entity is into proper representation, I think it just eats whatever it can get away with.
Also its called Virtue Signaling, mate and no its not.