Will we ever get more flags?

I'mma say it, that new flag is just ugly, always has been. It's cursed aesthetically. Anyone else feels the same?

Sure we still have the original rainbow one, but it would be neat to get other flags like the Trans and Bi ones.

Comments

  • @Marigoria said:

    I'mma say it, that new flag is just ugly, always has been. It's cursed aesthetically. Anyone else feels the same?

    Sure we still have the original rainbow one, but it would be neat to get other flags like the Trans and Bi ones.

    Honestly, I like the new flag. The colours seem a bit faded, almost like it's been in the Entity's realm for quite some time (which I think is pretty cool). Personally though, I'd like to see the Asexual flag. I'm not Asexual, but someone quite close to me is so I'd like to see that added.

  • @RoboMojo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/320910/will-we-ever-get-more-flags

    Honestly, I like the new flag. The colours seem a bit faded, almost like it's been in the Entity's realm for quite some time (which I think is pretty cool). Personally though, I'd like to see the Asexual flag. I'm not Asexual, but someone quite close to me is so I'd like to see that added.

    The problem with the faded colors is that the charms are already so small it's difficult to even see details like that.

    I just hate how it looks aesthetically, it makes no sense at all to me.

  • @RoboMojo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/320910/will-we-ever-get-more-flags

    Honestly, I like the new flag. The colours seem a bit faded, almost like it's been in the Entity's realm for quite some time (which I think is pretty cool). Personally though, I'd like to see the Asexual flag. I'm not Asexual, but someone quite close to me is so I'd like to see that added.

    Are u a guy and is the person a girl cuz if so boy do I have news for u

  • Omg give us trans/lesbian/mlm/bi/ace etc bhvr I beg

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Omg give us trans/lesbian/mlm/bi/ace etc bhvr I beg

    I literally just want the trans flag tbh :/

    Would have been nice to have gotten it on trans visibility day.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2925077#Comment_2925077

    I literally just want the trans flag tbh :/

    Would have been nice to have gotten it on trans visibility day.

    I entirely support this campaign and will help in whatever way I can

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2925071#Comment_2925071

    The problem with the faded colors is that the charms are already so small it's difficult to even see details like that.

    I just hate how it looks aesthetically, it makes no sense at all to me.

    That's fair. I've always just seen the charms as a cute little thing to wear for oneself. They're not really meant to be overly flashy. At least, that's just the way I see it.

  • @ActualCasual said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2925071#Comment_2925071

    Are u a guy and is the person a girl cuz if so boy do I have news for u

    I know what you're trying to insinuate and no, they're family.

  • @RoboMojo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2925073#Comment_2925073

    That's fair. I've always just seen the charms as a cute little thing to wear for oneself. They're not really meant to be overly flashy. At least, that's just the way I see it.

    Yea I totally get your perspective as well, I like those little crow ones and still use them even though you can barely see them.

  • @Marigoria said:

    I'mma say it, that new flag is just ugly, always has been. It's cursed aesthetically. Anyone else feels the same?

    Sure we still have the original rainbow one, but it would be neat to get other flags like the Trans and Bi ones.

    Shrug. I'm sure you will.

    I think the devs went with the Quasar flag because it incorporates most of the currently in-vogue identities, without realizing what a can of worms that flag is.

    @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2925071#Comment_2925071

    The problem with the faded colors is that the charms are already so small it's difficult to even see details like that.

    I just hate how it looks aesthetically, it makes no sense at all to me.

    My guess is that they wanted a charm that didn't glow like a road flare.

    I love it when survivors use bright, glowy charms - it's like a massive bullseye that I can follow when they try to be sneaky.

  • My brother in christ, it's not that deep.

    If LGBT people trigger you that much that you feel the need to get a refund, that's a you problem. No one is forcing you to have sex with any character in the game.

  • @ActualCasual said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2925071#Comment_2925071

    Are u a guy and is the person a girl cuz if so boy do I have news for u

    Actual Ace erasure?

    Wowee.

    @Hanzo_Hasashi7 said:

    LOL

    i love how this game is getting fully ruined

    first the balance

    then the map

    and now LGBTQ

    what if someone doesn't wanna be gay? that's a crime if you don't wanna be gay? cuz bhvr is doing exactly the same thing

    what if someone doesn't wants lgbtq in game? gets refund? or people call them HOMOPHOBE?

    what...the #########?

    "what if someone doesn't want lgtbq in game?"

    That's straight-up homophobia, my guy/gal.

  • @Hanzo_Hasashi7 said:

    LOL

    i love how this game is getting fully ruined

    first the balance

    then the map

    and now LGBTQ

    what if someone doesn't wanna be gay? that's a crime if you don't wanna be gay? cuz bhvr is doing exactly the same thing

    what if someone doesn't wants lgbtq in game? gets refund? or people call them HOMOPHOBE?

    I like how game & map balance is somehow on par with a couple of lines of text about 1 of the 20+ characters in this video game. Lines of text you can just ignore if you don't care about it

    Bigger reach than Halo Reach.

  • @Hanzo_Hasashi7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2925169#Comment_2925169

    first thing first don't call me that

    second this game is forcing people to play with characters with the sexualities that they don't like

    isn't it FORCING?

    they are characters in a video game why do you care

    you're not forced to do anything, uninstall if it pisses you off that much

  • @Hanzo_Hasashi7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2925169#Comment_2925169

    first thing first don't call me that

    second this game is forcing people to play with characters with the sexualities that they don't like

    isn't it FORCING?

    No one is forcing you to play as david.

    And why would you not like someone ELSES sexuality, it has nothing to do with you...

  • bro it's 2 charms and a tome story that you can just not read

  • No one is forcing anything down your throat. People existing isn't forceful.

  • @Hanzo_Hasashi7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2925182#Comment_2925182

    why do you care? no one asked you to come here and give me a lecture

    Why do you care?

  • it's not going to change the gameplay, which to most people is all that matters

    you can just ignore lore and charms just fade into the background

  • @Hanzo_Hasashi7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2925182#Comment_2925182

    why do you care? no one asked you to come here and give me a lecture

    "i don't like this thing"

    "ok then stop doing it"

    "why are you lecturing me"

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/320910/will-we-ever-get-more-flags

    Shrug. I'm sure you will.

    I think the devs went with the Quasar flag because it incorporates most of the currently in-vogue identities, without realizing what a can of worms that flag is.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2925073#Comment_2925073

    My guess is that they wanted a charm that didn't glow like a road flare.

    I love it when survivors use bright, glowy charms - it's like a massive bullseye that I can follow when they try to be sneaky.

    At least I'm not the only one who genuinely hates that flag.

    The original rainbow was already inclusive, when they made this new abomination it just made me feel like after all trans people were not included in it after all.....

  • @Hanzo_Hasashi7 said:

    this isn't going anywhere you can cry about it as much as you want If i insulted your pretty community

    Sir, you were the one who showed up on this thread and decided to be a cry baby about it.

  • its lesbian visibility week! i wish we got the other flags as well but it would be so cool to have my main have my flags on! having a bi and trans flag on dwight and feng and on my hooks would be so fun imo!!

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2925168#Comment_2925168

    At least I'm not the only one who genuinely hates that flag.

    The original rainbow was already inclusive, when they made this new abomination it just made me feel like after all trans people were not included in it after all.....

    As the resident grumpy old forum centrist that finds a lot of this stuff rather silly - yup, the Quasar flag is a can of worms. The second you try to include basically everyone, going from an abstract rainbow flag to something with specific meanings, inclusions (and by proxy exclusions) and then pointing to your flag and going 'this represents you, this represents you and this represents me', now anyone left out will have a bone to pick.

    Which is why the Quasar flag has been superseded by

    image.png

    or more commonly

    image.png

    And I'm sure more will be added as we go, with the flag getting denser and denser.

    As someone somewhat on the outside of all of this, it makes me wonder when this becomes counterproductive.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2925209#Comment_2925209

    As the resident grumpy old forum centrist that finds a lot of this stuff rather silly - yup, the Quasar flag is a can of worms. The second you try to include basically everyone, going from an abstract rainbow flag to something with specific meanings, inclusions (and by proxy exclusions) and then pointing to your flag and going 'this represents you, this represents you and this represents me', now anyone left out will have a bone to pick.

    Which is why the Quasar flag has been superseded by

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/3QH4VEU3Q85Q/image.png

    or more commonly

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/G6A226ZIZW3H/image.png

    And I'm sure more will be added as we go, with the flag getting denser and denser.

    As someone somewhat on the outside of all of this, it makes me wonder when this becomes counterproductive.

    I'd consider myself a centrist as well (in a EU setting), and I totally agree.

    Like I mentioned on my post, the original rainbow flag was inclusive. It was a LGBT+ flag, everyone part of the acronym was part of it.

    When they started adding other flags on top of it, it's like after all people represented by those flags were not included?

    By that logic, people can only assume that everyone else is also not included, so now they should be adding everything on top of the rainbow until none of it is visible anymore.

    I'm not sure if the black and brown stripes are a part of race, correct me if I'm wrong, but all that shows me is that the original flag after all was also not inclusive of non white people, which imo, it always was.

    They just ruined a simple, recognizable flag to a logo marketing monster.

  • i really want a gay male pride charm for our gay king David ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2925209#Comment_2925209

    As the resident grumpy old forum centrist that finds a lot of this stuff rather silly - yup, the Quasar flag is a can of worms. The second you try to include basically everyone, going from an abstract rainbow flag to something with specific meanings, inclusions (and by proxy exclusions) and then pointing to your flag and going 'this represents you, this represents you and this represents me', now anyone left out will have a bone to pick.

    Which is why the Quasar flag has been superseded by

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/3QH4VEU3Q85Q/image.png

    or more commonly

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/G6A226ZIZW3H/image.png

    And I'm sure more will be added as we go, with the flag getting denser and denser.

    As someone somewhat on the outside of all of this, it makes me wonder when this becomes counterproductive.

    personally i think the larger issue is in people's desire for specific labels, gender and sexuality are too complicated for that

  • @AnneBonny said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2925247#Comment_2925247

    personally i think the larger issue is in people's desire for specific labels, gender and sexuality are too complicated for that

    It does not need to be that complicated imo. A lot of newish terms are just reused language from terms that already exist but with a new name.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2925247#Comment_2925247

    I'd consider myself a centrist as well (in a EU setting), and I totally agree.

    Like I mentioned on my post, the original rainbow flag was inclusive. It was a LGBT+ flag, everyone part of the acronym was part of it.

    When they started adding other flags on top of it, it's like after all people represented by those flags were not included?

    By that logic, people can only assume that everyone else is also not included, so now they should be adding everything on top of the rainbow until none of it is visible anymore.

    I'm not sure if the black and brown stripes are a part of race, correct me if I'm wrong, but all that shows me is that the original flag after all was also not inclusive of non white people, which imo, it always was.

    They just ruined a simple, recognizable flag to a logo marketing monster.

    The black and brown stripes were added after a racial activist group literally picketed Pride rallies because they were race-neutral, and the activists wanted them to instead focus on race.

    This is the stuff that irritates me a bit, as modern activism seems to be rather vicious and selfish.

    But...yeah, if you flip the chessboard, it all makes more sense. At the end of the day it's just business, within the economy of ideas.

    South Park nailed it. I'm genuinely sad that 'scause' never became part of the online lexicon.

    image.png

    @AnneBonny said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2925247#Comment_2925247

    personally i think the larger issue is in people's desire for specific labels, gender and sexuality are too complicated for that

    Believe it or not, this is where academia almost settled in 2015, with various authors going 'this is all getting silly, human experience is too granular and complex to be summarized into rigid oppressor/oppressed narratives and we need to stop' - but sadly, centrism has never been especially marketable and they were shouted down by identitarians.

  • Before I read the post when I read the title of more flags I thought it'd be funny if they added red flag charms.

    The specific flags are basically same design just recolored right? If they can put out 4 or 5 recolors of the same charm on a single rift I would think doing same for flags for representation would be just as easy and more meaningful.

  • Yes, very important, bi, trans asexual flags! Also make Nea trans and Yui nonbinary, very important. Representation.

  • @bm33 said:

    Before I read the post when I read the title of more flags I thought it'd be funny if they added red flag charms.

    The specific flags are basically same design just recolored right? If they can put out 4 or 5 recolors of the same charm on a single rift I would think doing same for flags for representation would be just as easy and more meaningful.

    I'd very much prefer representative flags weren't timed exclusives, if that's what you mean.

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2925354#Comment_2925354

    I'd very much prefer representative flags weren't timed exclusives, if that's what you mean.

    Not timed no, I just meant if they can make half a dozen recolored charms every 3 months then they could easily make the representation flags if they are basically recolors of same flag. There's no reason not to make the flags and put them in a code like the pride flags we have now.

  • @bm33 said:

    Before I read the post when I read the title of more flags I thought it'd be funny if they added red flag charms.

    The specific flags are basically same design just recolored right? If they can put out 4 or 5 recolors of the same charm on a single rift I would think doing same for flags for representation would be just as easy and more meaningful.

    I mean with the quantity of charms we have right now and so many just being recolors, I don't see why they could not add random color flags too, at least they are more visible than those bronze ones

  • @Hanzo_Hasashi7 said:

    LOL

    i love how this game is getting fully ruined

    first the balance

    then the map

    and now LGBTQ

    what if someone doesn't wanna be gay? that's a crime if you don't wanna be gay? cuz bhvr is doing exactly the same thing

    what if someone doesn't wants lgbtq in game? gets refund? or people call them HOMOPHOBE?

    Cry

  • Omg yes please. I would love an asexual pride flag!

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2925354#Comment_2925354

    I mean with the quantity of charms we have right now and so many just being recolors, I don't see why they could not add random color flags too, at least they are more visible than those bronze ones

    Agreed. On survivor I can't tell which bronze - iri rift charm they're wearing, a multicolored flag would actually be one I could see a difference.