Changes to Ghost Face's chase music made no tangible impact

Hello!

I'm disappointed to say that the adjustments Ghost Face's chase music since PTB have not hit the mark. It's in need of some serious, transformative changes - not just tweaks to the mix. I was hoping for something more alike to the changes that led to the current Demogorgon music - drop the jarring, repetitive loudest elements and lean on what makes the other killer's chase music more successful. Until it changes, I won't be able to play the killer, and it was the #1 thing I was looking forward to with the patch!

I hope it gets some immediate attention!

Comments

  • I agree, the chase music has no melody. I think it has potential, the first 3 seconds when you hear it sound nice, but after it repeats over and over again it starts to get on my nerves, it's even worse than Doctor's chase music, which I also personally hate very much.

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    I agree, the chase music has no melody. I think it has potential, the first 3 seconds when you hear it sound nice, but after it repeats over and over again it starts to get on my nerves, it's even worse than Doctor's chase music, which I also personally hate very much.

    I actually kind of dig Doctor's? - though I know it's often cited as being one of the more unpopular ones and wouldnt mind it having a bit more personality without the repetition. So I guess if even I can't stand the Ghost Face one by comparison that's a huge problem!

  • I'm saying this a lot lately, but yes. I am autistic and normally most sounds don't give me problems but the ghost face music still does.


    At this point, I have 3 options...


    1. DC when I see its Ghost Face.
    2. Let him down me to end the pain, then die on first hook and get on to the next game, hopefully not another Ghost Face.
    3. Mute my monitor,
    4. All 3 options screw over my fellow survivors. (Yea, this is 4 but I can't figure out how to get the form to not do the numbers when I hit enter...
  • @AhoyWolf said:

    I agree, the chase music has no melody. I think it has potential, the first 3 seconds when you hear it sound nice, but after it repeats over and over again it starts to get on my nerves, it's even worse than Doctor's chase music, which I also personally hate very much.

    @Mozic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2922900#Comment_2922900

    I actually kind of dig Doctor's? - though I know it's often cited as being one of the more unpopular ones and wouldnt mind it having a bit more personality without the repetition. So I guess if even I can't stand the Ghost Face one by comparison that's a huge problem!

    At the very least, the Doctor's "Crazy Train" theme is fitting for a Killer who drives survivors to madness.

    Moreso then it sounds life Ghost Face has going for him

  • @Zeidoktor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2922900#Comment_2922900

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2922949#Comment_2922949

    At the very least, the Doctor's "Crazy Train" theme is fitting for a Killer who drives survivors to madness.

    Moreso then it sounds life Ghost Face has going for him

    Yeah, I've seen people back the current Ghost Face theme by saying "Well he's a crazy psycho murderer so the music should reflect that."

    But wouldn't that describe... every killer? I'm not sure why just Ghost Face's music needs to be unlistenably unpleasant as some kind of condemnation of his character while Legion's jamming out right beside him.


    You'd kind of expect Ghost Face's chase music to feature something more like a camera shutter sound or other monitoring equipment rather than a frenzied photocopier. The current tempo & intensity doesn't reflect his playstyle as a stalk & ambush killer.

  • @Mozic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2923228#Comment_2923228

    Yeah, I've seen people back the current Ghost Face theme by saying "Well he's a crazy psycho murderer so the music should reflect that."

    But wouldn't that describe... every killer? I'm not sure why just Ghost Face's music needs to be unlistenably unpleasant as some kind of condemnation of his character while Legion's jamming out right beside him.

    You'd kind of expect Ghost Face's chase music to feature something more like a camera shutter sound or other monitoring equipment rather than a frenzied photocopier. The current tempo & intensity doesn't reflect his playstyle as a stalk & ambush killer.

    To me sounds more like dragging a chair back and forth....

  • The Ghost Face's new chase theme makes my ears bleed, it's atrociously bad. Not gonna play him until you change it.

  • @Alen_Starkly said:

    The Ghost Face's new chase theme makes my ears bleed, it's atrociously bad. Not gonna play him until you change it.

    I'll do my best! ๐Ÿ˜