Knockout Sluggers In Solo-Queue. What Do You Do?

I wonder if a streamer has suddenly popularized this, but wow is it annoying as hell to face.

Basically, someone runs knockout and complimentary perks, and just never hooks anyone - slugging them and relying on knockout to make them really difficult to find quickly, with the goal being to just kill everyone slowly via bleed.

It's...actually quite difficult to go against if you get certain maps.

Yes, I know 'wow, someone wants to nerf knockout lul git gud'. Just wondering if this is going to become a problem.

Comments

  • @StarLost said:

    I wonder if a streamer has suddenly popularized this, but wow is it annoying as hell to face.

    Basically, someone runs knockout and complimentary perks, and just never hooks anyone - slugging them and relying on knockout to make them really difficult to find quickly, with the goal being to just kill everyone slowly via bleed.

    It's...actually quite difficult to go against if you get certain maps.

    Yes, I know 'wow, someone wants to nerf knockout lul git gud'. Just wondering if this is going to become a problem.

    what do you do? pray to lord that the match will end fast and SWF in the next match.

    knockout is just one of those perks that is problematic on solos, but not on swf.

  • I had a funny solo queue match against a killer doing this like a month ago.

    It was Knockout Clown on Shelter Woods, who also ran Infectious and Cigar Box to know if anyone was within 16m of slugs - and therefore know whether he could get away with slugging or not. Occasionally he would hook, but for the most part he'd just leave everyone on the floor. It ended up being a super long match and he nearly got us all at one point when we had 2 gens left and I was the last survivor not slugged (and he knew where I was) but I managed to juke and get enough distance to get someone up without going down and got us back in the game. We ended up all getting out. But it was funny and we all laughed post game.

    But pretty much all I did that match was rotate between doing gens, getting chased (he played a lot of hit and run with it too), and looking for slugs. I think the jill was on the floor for nearly 2 minutes at one point before I finally found her. A few times we kinda just had to run around the map looking for people, and it got to a point where I was actively looking around trying to see where he was or if I could see gas bottles so if someone was downed I'd have a rough idea of where to go.

  • Nothing knockout is stupid and should get a rework useless against swf extremely oppressive against solos

  • I've faced that before. It's so bloody tedious. The matches last forever. We get no unhook points.

    No idea why Killers play that way

  • Tenacity and/or Unbreakable (and/or No Mither if you’re feeling daring) if you want to counter it yourself; Empathy to help watch out for others.

  • Does bleedout raise the killer's MMR?

  • Bring Exponential and Tenacity.

  • @Sludge said:

    Does bleedout raise the killer's MMR?

    I would assume everything that kills does. A kill is a kill, no matter how it’s achieved.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2920539#Comment_2920539

    I would assume everything that kills does. A kill is a kill, no matter how it’s achieved.

    bleeding out does not credit to rift challenges saying "kill by any means neccessary" so it possible that it does not credit towards MMR.

  • @Stroggz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2920545#Comment_2920545

    bleeding out does not credit to rift challenges saying "kill by any means neccessary" so it possible that it does not credit towards MMR.

    Never knew that! That should constitute a bug report, honestly.

  • Knockout is sad, it's just a perk to bully solo queue.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2920539#Comment_2920539

    I would assume everything that kills does. A kill is a kill, no matter how it’s achieved.

    A Hatch doesn't count towards escape mmr though.

  • Right: and that’s an escape, not a kill.

  • Slugging was a legit strat back then. Now with Boons, buffed WglF and other anti-slugg perks it's actually challenging for most of the killers, against good survs. Also keep in mind that bleeding out survs doesn't get the killer a pip nor does it counts towards MMR, it's like a draw afaik.