The MMR changes seems pretty good.

I'm not playing at the moment but reading about the MMR, I believe the changes are bound to make the games more fun and balanced. (Maybe not at high MMR, but that's not where most players are.)

The only problem that could occur is that if there is an imbalance in the population (e.g. more killers than survivors), the queues will be long and the games will be too difficult (or easy) for one side.

I guess I'll see it for myself when I come back, after the next release.

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Yeah, I love SWF every match. Not. I started my own brand of entertainment. I don't care about ranking up or 4ks. I equip Corrupt Intervention, Lethal Pursuer, Deadlock, and BBQ&C on Leatherface. Each person I down and hook gets face camped out of the game. I walk away with plenty of BP, the victims do not. Win/win.

    It seems to be what DBD has devolved to as I went for a 20 pallet stroll through the Game where each loop and Dead Hard was perfectly timed to go to the next vault or pallet.

    It's all good though. I found the efficient solution.

    Being efficient is good :)

    Basement Bubba is fun too, for a while. Hilarious sometimes, when survivors are not immediately leaving. That moment where a greedy survivor passes right in front of you and visibly panics when he hears the chainsaw. Or the survivors peeking inside and running away as soon as you rev the engine. I'm smiling just thinking about it xD.


    I'm afraid my best killers will suffer the same way (e.g. Nurse). However the majority should benefit from these changes.

    I'm curious to see what'll happen if I play Trapper, Clown, Sadako, ... (that I suck at)

  • Yes, I love being a walking bloodpoint pinata for the Nurses and Blights that should be versing Cope tier survivors every single game, I'm so freaking relieved they get varied matches.

  • @Carrow said:

    Yes, I love being a walking bloodpoint pinata for the Nurses and Blights that should be versing Cope tier survivors every single game, I'm so freaking relieved they get varied matches.

    Hopefully it will damper some complaints too. Big differences of strength isn't fun for any side of the balance.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2914648#Comment_2914648

    Basement Bubba requires too many perks to be effective in the same way. This build freezes gens furthest away from you and gives you the initial target with Lethal Pursuer. Deadlock gives you time to remove them from the game while camping and still having time to get the rest. BBQ&C gives you that sweet BP at the end making the experience even more satisfying.

    I'll change my build when the meta changes. If it doesn't then this is my meta.

    I see BB more as a fun, relaxing, mode. The harsh camping Bubba is horribly efficient (I barely go below 2K when I do it). I don't use Lethal pursuer in it though. I trust I'll find a survivor fast enough and most often than not, I do.

    The Most Efficient Technique Available for Bubba will not change unless they change some rules.

  • I played a few Killer Games yesterday.

    Some were unfun but others were okay. I mean, they said they want more variety in opponents so that happened yesterday for me at least.

  • @MrDardon said:

    I played a few Killer Games yesterday.

    Some were unfun but others were okay. I mean, they said they want more variety in opponents so that happened yesterday for me at least.

    If you have played with the killers you are most skilled at, it's what is expected.

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2914717#Comment_2914717

    If you have played with the killers you are most skilled at, it's what is expected.

    I mainly played Legion yesterday, to get better with them once the update releases ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

    Anyways, matches were pseudo balanced, but I guess losing 1, winning 2, losing 2, winning 1 is one way of balance.

  • @MrDardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2914721#Comment_2914721

    I mainly played Legion yesterday, to get better with them once the update releases ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

    Anyways, matches were pseudo balanced, but I guess losing 1, winning 2, losing 2, winning 1 is one way of balance.

    Being prepared is good ๐Ÿ˜‰

    It looks like a good balance indeed.

  • The changes wont affect balance that much at all. Cause the factors used for MMR are completely nonsense.

  • Honestly since the changes I've been having better matches for the most part as survivor and killer.