Why am I getting matched with Chinese/South American players?

I live in NA.

Are there really so few killers that you have to throw me in matches with people from different continents?

Comments

  • I've been consistently getting Japanese teammates for some reason vpn? I guess since I'm fairly certain dbd isn't region locked

  • I’ve been having the same issue just now, plus matchmaking is taking a lot longer

  • Uh, Chinese players vpn alot. I hear different things like they like American servers more or its easier (I disagree) or their servers are broken sometimes. I never see SA on west coast. I play at 3-5 am and they're all I get too, I don't have an issue with it though.

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    I've been consistently getting Japanese teammates for some reason vpn? I guess since I'm fairly certain dbd isn't region locked

    Probably just a guy with Japan on his steam profile, I don't think Japanese players change servers

  • I've been getting more out-of-region killers AND SWF survivors so it makes me think they're not using a VPN. I think BHVR opened it up a little for faster queues. Maybe a little tweak to get MMR more in range with yours?

    IF this is the case, I'd rather there be an option to either wait it out or choose faster queues. I'll wait it out every time.

  • There are instances where players in SA would be closer to NA East than the Sao Paolo server. I live in the Midwest US and actually get better ping to Frankfurt than Sao Paolo.

  • @espooked said:

    Uh, Chinese players vpn alot. I hear different things like they like American servers more or its easier (I disagree) or their servers are broken sometimes. I never see SA on west coast. I play at 3-5 am and they're all I get too, I don't have an issue with it though.

    This seems to happen the most late at night (12AM+) for me as well.