Hatch Rework (No more standoff)

  • Remove the key item from the game and make the hatch spawn open as soon as 1 survivor is left regardless of generator completion.
  • Make it so the last survivor automatically has the exposed status effect.
  • Make it so the area around the hatch maybe 10 meters (number can be played around with) is a "safe" zone, in which the last survivor while in the zone no longer suffers exposed and the killer can't grab the survivor out of the hatch.

This change would make hatch play much better and the killer would still have a 50/50 at getting the last survivor.

Comments

    • Remove the key item from the game and make the hatch spawn open as soon as 1 survivor is left regardless of generator completion.
    • Make it so the last survivor automatically has the exposed status effect.
    • Make it so the area around the hatch maybe 10 meters (number can be played around with) is a "safe" zone, in which the last survivor while in the zone no longer suffers exposed and the killer can't grab the survivor out of the hatch.

    This change would make hatch play much better and the killer would still have a 50/50 at getting the last survivor.

    Until the survivor sits on hatch teabagging until you decide to walk away...
  • If they do that then give out the 4 man hatch trophy 
  • @Carpemortum said:
    SpongeBob420Pants said:


    * Remove the key item from the game and make the hatch spawn open as soon as 1 survivor is left regardless of generator completion.
    * Make it so the last survivor automatically has the exposed status effect.
    * Make it so the area around the hatch maybe 10 meters (number can be played around with) is a "safe" zone, in which the last survivor while in the zone no longer suffers exposed and the killer can't grab the survivor out of the hatch.

    This change would make hatch play much better and the killer would still have a 50/50 at getting the last survivor.

    Until the survivor sits on hatch teabagging until you decide to walk away...

    Ya, just like the exit gate.

  • @Carpemortum said:
    SpongeBob420Pants said:


    * Remove the key item from the game and make the hatch spawn open as soon as 1 survivor is left regardless of generator completion.
    * Make it so the last survivor automatically has the exposed status effect.
    * Make it so the area around the hatch maybe 10 meters (number can be played around with) is a "safe" zone, in which the last survivor while in the zone no longer suffers exposed and the killer can't grab the survivor out of the hatch.

    This change would make hatch play much better and the killer would still have a 50/50 at getting the last survivor.

    Until the survivor sits on hatch teabagging until you decide to walk away...

    Ya, just like the exit gate.

    Which isnt fixing a problem exactly....if they cant be grabbed or one downed near the hatch, they're gonna troll around until you commit, step in, get hit, run out heal, troll, or just dance. It's a better idea than just removing it, but I dont think it would work. If they cant be grabbed, make them stay exposed. Make them commit and just go for it. Dont give more safe spaces to an already problematic situation.
  • killer can't grab the survivor??why
    let killers have their 4k

  • @Carpemortum said:
    SpongeBob420Pants said:

    @Carpemortum said:

    SpongeBob420Pants said:

    
      
      
    • Remove the key item from the game and make the hatch spawn open as soon as 1 survivor is left regardless of generator completion.

    • Make it so the last survivor automatically has the exposed status effect.

    • Make it so the area around the hatch maybe 10 meters (number can be played around with) is a "safe" zone, in which the last survivor while in the zone no longer suffers exposed and the killer can't grab the survivor out of the hatch.

      This change would make hatch play much better and the killer would still have a 50/50 at getting the last survivor.

      Until the survivor sits on hatch teabagging until you decide to walk away...

      Ya, just like the exit gate.

      Which isnt fixing a problem exactly....if they cant be grabbed or one downed near the hatch, they're gonna troll around until you commit, step in, get hit, run out heal, troll, or just dance. It's a better idea than just removing it, but I dont think it would work. If they cant be grabbed, make them stay exposed. Make them commit and just go for it. Dont give more safe spaces to an already problematic situation.

    When there's 1 survivor left they can't do gens, that's why the hatch exists, if it didn't the game would take to long. I don't know why your complaining about trolling, survivors can do that at the exit gate anyway.

  • @Thatbrownmonster said:
    killer can't grab the survivor??why
    let killers have their 4k

    With exposed + a safe zone killer would still have a 50/50 chance of getting the 4k but this way it would be a hatch race instead of a hatch standoff.

  • @Carpemortum said:
    SpongeBob420Pants said:

    @Carpemortum said:

    SpongeBob420Pants said:

    
      
      
    • Remove the key item from the game and make the hatch spawn open as soon as 1 survivor is left regardless of generator completion.

    • Make it so the last survivor automatically has the exposed status effect.

    • Make it so the area around the hatch maybe 10 meters (number can be played around with) is a "safe" zone, in which the last survivor while in the zone no longer suffers exposed and the killer can't grab the survivor out of the hatch.

      This change would make hatch play much better and the killer would still have a 50/50 at getting the last survivor.

      Until the survivor sits on hatch teabagging until you decide to walk away...

      Ya, just like the exit gate.

      Which isnt fixing a problem exactly....if they cant be grabbed or one downed near the hatch, they're gonna troll around until you commit, step in, get hit, run out heal, troll, or just dance. It's a better idea than just removing it, but I dont think it would work. If they cant be grabbed, make them stay exposed. Make them commit and just go for it. Dont give more safe spaces to an already problematic situation.

    When there's 1 survivor left they can't do gens, that's why the hatch exists, if it didn't the game would take to long. I don't know why your complaining about trolling, survivors can do that at the exit gate anyway.

    Cant do gens? No, that's bs.  They refused to. That's the problem. If 3 gens are close at the end it's the survivors fault, true, but that doesnt mean they should say "eh I dont wanna try working on gens I'm last lemme just find the hatch". 

    You can, and I have, done generators as the last alive and escaped. I've also had survivors do it to me while I patrolled the hatch. 
  • @Carpemortum said:
    SpongeBob420Pants said:

    @Carpemortum said:

    SpongeBob420Pants said:

    @Carpemortum said:
    

    SpongeBob420Pants said:

    
      
      

    * Remove the key item from the game and make the hatch spawn open as soon as 1 survivor is left regardless of generator completion.

    • Make it so the last survivor automatically has the exposed status effect.

    • Make it so the area around the hatch maybe 10 meters (number can be played around with) is a "safe" zone, in which the last survivor while in the zone no longer suffers exposed and the killer can't grab the survivor out of the hatch.

      This change would make hatch play much better and the killer would still have a 50/50 at getting the last survivor.

      Until the survivor sits on hatch teabagging until you decide to walk away...

      Ya, just like the exit gate.

      Which isnt fixing a problem exactly....if they cant be grabbed or one downed near the hatch, they're gonna troll around until you commit, step in, get hit, run out heal, troll, or just dance. It's a better idea than just removing it, but I dont think it would work. If they cant be grabbed, make them stay exposed. Make them commit and just go for it. Dont give more safe spaces to an already problematic situation.

      When there's 1 survivor left they can't do gens, that's why the hatch exists, if it didn't the game would take to long. I don't know why your complaining about trolling, survivors can do that at the exit gate anyway.

      Cant do gens? No, that's bs.  They refused to. That's the problem. If 3 gens are close at the end it's the survivors fault, true, but that doesnt mean they should say "eh I dont wanna try working on gens I'm last lemme just find the hatch". 

    You can, and I have, done generators as the last alive and escaped. I've also had survivors do it to me while I patrolled the hatch. 

    Having more than 1 gen to complete as the last survivor is a losing fight that requires stealth and drags the game on, the hatch exists so that the last survivor doesn't have to try and complete 4 gens by themselves.

  • @Carpemortum said:
    SpongeBob420Pants said:

    @Carpemortum said:

    SpongeBob420Pants said:

    @Carpemortum said:
    

    SpongeBob420Pants said:

    
      
      

    * Remove the key item from the game and make the hatch spawn open as soon as 1 survivor is left regardless of generator completion.

    • Make it so the last survivor automatically has the exposed status effect.

    • Make it so the area around the hatch maybe 10 meters (number can be played around with) is a "safe" zone, in which the last survivor while in the zone no longer suffers exposed and the killer can't grab the survivor out of the hatch.

      This change would make hatch play much better and the killer would still have a 50/50 at getting the last survivor.

      Until the survivor sits on hatch teabagging until you decide to walk away...

      Ya, just like the exit gate.

      Which isnt fixing a problem exactly....if they cant be grabbed or one downed near the hatch, they're gonna troll around until you commit, step in, get hit, run out heal, troll, or just dance. It's a better idea than just removing it, but I dont think it would work. If they cant be grabbed, make them stay exposed. Make them commit and just go for it. Dont give more safe spaces to an already problematic situation.

      When there's 1 survivor left they can't do gens, that's why the hatch exists, if it didn't the game would take to long. I don't know why your complaining about trolling, survivors can do that at the exit gate anyway.

      Cant do gens? No, that's bs.  They refused to. That's the problem. If 3 gens are close at the end it's the survivors fault, true, but that doesnt mean they should say "eh I dont wanna try working on gens I'm last lemme just find the hatch". 

    You can, and I have, done generators as the last alive and escaped. I've also had survivors do it to me while I patrolled the hatch. 

    Having more than 1 gen to complete as the last survivor is a losing fight that requires stealth and drags the game on, the hatch exists so that the last survivor doesn't have to try and complete 4 gens by themselves.

    Well, if 4 gens werent done, theyd have to complete at least 1 alone regardless.

    Also, its not a completely lost fight. You have perks to assist in this, stealth as a gameplay option, and you're assuming that 1 gen is done with a 3k. Imo the killer is doing his job and the 4th got into that situation by not already doing work. 

    If a killer gets 3 dead, and the last person has 4 gens left to go, the killer already won. In a game where 2/2 is balanced, you cant EVER expect or deserve to escape. So when you're in this 1 survivor 4 gens to go situation, or even 1 gen to go....do what you can, and earn points. Try to evade the killer, and heighten your game. 

    The survivor should have to, or at least want to get work done. Otherwise it promotes the mindset of "well technically all I have to do is outlast those 3 and find the hatch" which in turn gets people doing less work, and when found in the described situation, cry about how theres no hope. 
  • @Carpemortum said:
    SpongeBob420Pants said:

    @Carpemortum said:

    SpongeBob420Pants said:

    @Carpemortum said:
    
    SpongeBob420Pants said:
    

    @Carpemortum said:

    SpongeBob420Pants said:

    * Remove the key item from the game and make the hatch spawn open as soon as 1 survivor is left regardless of generator completion.
    

    * Make it so the last survivor automatically has the exposed status effect.

    • Make it so the area around the hatch maybe 10 meters (number can be played around with) is a "safe" zone, in which the last survivor while in the zone no longer suffers exposed and the killer can't grab the survivor out of the hatch.

      This change would make hatch play much better and the killer would still have a 50/50 at getting the last survivor.

      Until the survivor sits on hatch teabagging until you decide to walk away...

      Ya, just like the exit gate.

      Which isnt fixing a problem exactly....if they cant be grabbed or one downed near the hatch, they're gonna troll around until you commit, step in, get hit, run out heal, troll, or just dance. It's a better idea than just removing it, but I dont think it would work. If they cant be grabbed, make them stay exposed. Make them commit and just go for it. Dont give more safe spaces to an already problematic situation.

      When there's 1 survivor left they can't do gens, that's why the hatch exists, if it didn't the game would take to long. I don't know why your complaining about trolling, survivors can do that at the exit gate anyway.

      Cant do gens? No, that's bs.  They refused to. That's the problem. If 3 gens are close at the end it's the survivors fault, true, but that doesnt mean they should say "eh I dont wanna try working on gens I'm last lemme just find the hatch". 

      You can, and I have, done generators as the last alive and escaped. I've also had survivors do it to me while I patrolled the hatch. 

      Having more than 1 gen to complete as the last survivor is a losing fight that requires stealth and drags the game on, the hatch exists so that the last survivor doesn't have to try and complete 4 gens by themselves.

      Well, if 4 gens werent done, theyd have to complete at least 1 alone regardless.

    Also, its not a completely lost fight. You have perks to assist in this, stealth as a gameplay option, and you're assuming that 1 gen is done with a 3k. Imo the killer is doing his job and the 4th got into that situation by not already doing work. 

    If a killer gets 3 dead, and the last person has 4 gens left to go, the killer already won. In a game where 2/2 is balanced, you cant EVER expect or deserve to escape. So when you're in this 1 survivor 4 gens to go situation, or even 1 gen to go....do what you can, and earn points. Try to evade the killer, and heighten your game. 

    The survivor should have to, or at least want to get work done. Otherwise it promotes the mindset of "well technically all I have to do is outlast those 3 and find the hatch" which in turn gets people doing less work, and when found in the described situation, cry about how theres no hope. 

    LOL, no buddy. people already play bad and expect their team to do 2 gens and die so that they can get hatch.
    I've complained about it myself in these forums. The change to the hatch I suggested is simply to improve the hatch fight and make it a race instead of a standoff.

  • @Carpemortum said:
    SpongeBob420Pants said:

    @Carpemortum said:

    SpongeBob420Pants said:

    @Carpemortum said:
    
    SpongeBob420Pants said:
    

    @Carpemortum said:

    SpongeBob420Pants said:

    * Remove the key item from the game and make the hatch spawn open as soon as 1 survivor is left regardless of generator completion.
    

    * Make it so the last survivor automatically has the exposed status effect.

    • Make it so the area around the hatch maybe 10 meters (number can be played around with) is a "safe" zone, in which the last survivor while in the zone no longer suffers exposed and the killer can't grab the survivor out of the hatch.

      This change would make hatch play much better and the killer would still have a 50/50 at getting the last survivor.

      Until the survivor sits on hatch teabagging until you decide to walk away...

      Ya, just like the exit gate.

      Which isnt fixing a problem exactly....if they cant be grabbed or one downed near the hatch, they're gonna troll around until you commit, step in, get hit, run out heal, troll, or just dance. It's a better idea than just removing it, but I dont think it would work. If they cant be grabbed, make them stay exposed. Make them commit and just go for it. Dont give more safe spaces to an already problematic situation.

      When there's 1 survivor left they can't do gens, that's why the hatch exists, if it didn't the game would take to long. I don't know why your complaining about trolling, survivors can do that at the exit gate anyway.

      Cant do gens? No, that's bs.  They refused to. That's the problem. If 3 gens are close at the end it's the survivors fault, true, but that doesnt mean they should say "eh I dont wanna try working on gens I'm last lemme just find the hatch". 

      You can, and I have, done generators as the last alive and escaped. I've also had survivors do it to me while I patrolled the hatch. 

      Having more than 1 gen to complete as the last survivor is a losing fight that requires stealth and drags the game on, the hatch exists so that the last survivor doesn't have to try and complete 4 gens by themselves.

      Well, if 4 gens werent done, theyd have to complete at least 1 alone regardless.

    Also, its not a completely lost fight. You have perks to assist in this, stealth as a gameplay option, and you're assuming that 1 gen is done with a 3k. Imo the killer is doing his job and the 4th got into that situation by not already doing work. 

    If a killer gets 3 dead, and the last person has 4 gens left to go, the killer already won. In a game where 2/2 is balanced, you cant EVER expect or deserve to escape. So when you're in this 1 survivor 4 gens to go situation, or even 1 gen to go....do what you can, and earn points. Try to evade the killer, and heighten your game. 

    The survivor should have to, or at least want to get work done. Otherwise it promotes the mindset of "well technically all I have to do is outlast those 3 and find the hatch" which in turn gets people doing less work, and when found in the described situation, cry about how theres no hope. 

    LOL, no buddy. people already play bad and expect their team to do 2 gens and die so that they can get hatch.
    I've complained about it myself in these forums. The change to the hatch I suggested is simply to improve the hatch fight and make it a race instead of a standoff.

    Lol, no buddy, after playing both sides, and seen plenty of complaints about it, I still dont think it would work. 

    Simple solution would be to remove it and not let anyone be entitled to a 4k/escape but god forbid people actually do gens instead of hiding and trolling for the better part of 15 mins.

    Promote better gameplay, dont handicap things. If neither person wants to give in to a "hatch standoff" then let them waste their time. 

    Also, I didnt even mention the hatch spawning regardless of gens. If it spawns with 0/1 done you dont think more people will be trying to get their team killed first?

    Again, its never unwinnable, just heavily stacked.
  • I've never had a hatch stand off as either a killer nor a survivor. I chase them down, or they get out. Not wasting my time. Don't feel entitled to that last kill. If the killer is camping the hatch, I go work a gen. If he comes off the hatch, I will make a play for it. I either die or get the hatch, or open a gate.

    Only stubborn idiots stand off like that.

  • @Carpemortum said:
    SpongeBob420Pants said:

    @Carpemortum said:

    SpongeBob420Pants said:

    @Carpemortum said:
    
    SpongeBob420Pants said:
    

    @Carpemortum said: SpongeBob420Pants said:

    @Carpemortum said:
    
    SpongeBob420Pants said:
    
    • Remove the key item from the game and make the hatch spawn open as soon as 1 survivor is left regardless of generator completion.

      • Make it so the last survivor automatically has the exposed status effect.
    • Make it so the area around the hatch maybe 10 meters (number can be played around with) is a "safe" zone, in which the last survivor while in the zone no longer suffers exposed and the killer can't grab the survivor out of the hatch.

      This change would make hatch play much better and the killer would still have a 50/50 at getting the last survivor.

      Until the survivor sits on hatch teabagging until you decide to walk away...

      Ya, just like the exit gate.

      Which isnt fixing a problem exactly....if they cant be grabbed or one downed near the hatch, they're gonna troll around until you commit, step in, get hit, run out heal, troll, or just dance. It's a better idea than just removing it, but I dont think it would work. If they cant be grabbed, make them stay exposed. Make them commit and just go for it. Dont give more safe spaces to an already problematic situation.

      When there's 1 survivor left they can't do gens, that's why the hatch exists, if it didn't the game would take to long. I don't know why your complaining about trolling, survivors can do that at the exit gate anyway.

      Cant do gens? No, that's bs.  They refused to. That's the problem. If 3 gens are close at the end it's the survivors fault, true, but that doesnt mean they should say "eh I dont wanna try working on gens I'm last lemme just find the hatch". 

      You can, and I have, done generators as the last alive and escaped. I've also had survivors do it to me while I patrolled the hatch. 

      Having more than 1 gen to complete as the last survivor is a losing fight that requires stealth and drags the game on, the hatch exists so that the last survivor doesn't have to try and complete 4 gens by themselves.

      Well, if 4 gens werent done, theyd have to complete at least 1 alone regardless.

      Also, its not a completely lost fight. You have perks to assist in this, stealth as a gameplay option, and you're assuming that 1 gen is done with a 3k. Imo the killer is doing his job and the 4th got into that situation by not already doing work. 

      If a killer gets 3 dead, and the last person has 4 gens left to go, the killer already won. In a game where 2/2 is balanced, you cant EVER expect or deserve to escape. So when you're in this 1 survivor 4 gens to go situation, or even 1 gen to go....do what you can, and earn points. Try to evade the killer, and heighten your game. 

      The survivor should have to, or at least want to get work done. Otherwise it promotes the mindset of "well technically all I have to do is outlast those 3 and find the hatch" which in turn gets people doing less work, and when found in the described situation, cry about how theres no hope. 

      LOL, no buddy. people already play bad and expect their team to do 2 gens and die so that they can get hatch.

    I've complained about it myself in these forums. The change to the hatch I suggested is simply to improve the hatch fight and make it a race instead of a standoff.

    Lol, no buddy, after playing both sides, and seen plenty of complaints about it, I still dont think it would work. 

    Simple solution would be to remove it and not let anyone be entitled to a 4k/escape but god forbid people actually do gens instead of hiding and trolling for the better part of 15 mins.

    Promote better gameplay, dont handicap things. If neither person wants to give in to a "hatch standoff" then let them waste their time. 

    Also, I didnt even mention the hatch spawning regardless of gens. If it spawns with 0/1 done you dont think more people will be trying to get their team killed first?

    Again, its never unwinnable, just heavily stacked.

    If they removed the hatch the game would drag on and be too slow, a problem you seem to have.

  • @Carpemortum said:
    SpongeBob420Pants said:

    @Carpemortum said:

    SpongeBob420Pants said:

    @Carpemortum said:
    
    SpongeBob420Pants said:
    

    @Carpemortum said: SpongeBob420Pants said:

    @Carpemortum said:
    
    SpongeBob420Pants said:
    
    • Remove the key item from the game and make the hatch spawn open as soon as 1 survivor is left regardless of generator completion.

      • Make it so the last survivor automatically has the exposed status effect.
    • Make it so the area around the hatch maybe 10 meters (number can be played around with) is a "safe" zone, in which the last survivor while in the zone no longer suffers exposed and the killer can't grab the survivor out of the hatch.

      This change would make hatch play much better and the killer would still have a 50/50 at getting the last survivor.

      Until the survivor sits on hatch teabagging until you decide to walk away...

      Ya, just like the exit gate.

      Which isnt fixing a problem exactly....if they cant be grabbed or one downed near the hatch, they're gonna troll around until you commit, step in, get hit, run out heal, troll, or just dance. It's a better idea than just removing it, but I dont think it would work. If they cant be grabbed, make them stay exposed. Make them commit and just go for it. Dont give more safe spaces to an already problematic situation.

      When there's 1 survivor left they can't do gens, that's why the hatch exists, if it didn't the game would take to long. I don't know why your complaining about trolling, survivors can do that at the exit gate anyway.

      Cant do gens? No, that's bs.  They refused to. That's the problem. If 3 gens are close at the end it's the survivors fault, true, but that doesnt mean they should say "eh I dont wanna try working on gens I'm last lemme just find the hatch". 

      You can, and I have, done generators as the last alive and escaped. I've also had survivors do it to me while I patrolled the hatch. 

      Having more than 1 gen to complete as the last survivor is a losing fight that requires stealth and drags the game on, the hatch exists so that the last survivor doesn't have to try and complete 4 gens by themselves.

      Well, if 4 gens werent done, theyd have to complete at least 1 alone regardless.

      Also, its not a completely lost fight. You have perks to assist in this, stealth as a gameplay option, and you're assuming that 1 gen is done with a 3k. Imo the killer is doing his job and the 4th got into that situation by not already doing work. 

      If a killer gets 3 dead, and the last person has 4 gens left to go, the killer already won. In a game where 2/2 is balanced, you cant EVER expect or deserve to escape. So when you're in this 1 survivor 4 gens to go situation, or even 1 gen to go....do what you can, and earn points. Try to evade the killer, and heighten your game. 

      The survivor should have to, or at least want to get work done. Otherwise it promotes the mindset of "well technically all I have to do is outlast those 3 and find the hatch" which in turn gets people doing less work, and when found in the described situation, cry about how theres no hope. 

      LOL, no buddy. people already play bad and expect their team to do 2 gens and die so that they can get hatch.

    I've complained about it myself in these forums. The change to the hatch I suggested is simply to improve the hatch fight and make it a race instead of a standoff.

    Lol, no buddy, after playing both sides, and seen plenty of complaints about it, I still dont think it would work. 

    Simple solution would be to remove it and not let anyone be entitled to a 4k/escape but god forbid people actually do gens instead of hiding and trolling for the better part of 15 mins.

    Promote better gameplay, dont handicap things. If neither person wants to give in to a "hatch standoff" then let them waste their time. 

    Also, I didnt even mention the hatch spawning regardless of gens. If it spawns with 0/1 done you dont think more people will be trying to get their team killed first?

    Again, its never unwinnable, just heavily stacked.

    If they removed the hatch the game would drag on and be too slow, a problem you seem to have.

    No? I dont have issues with games going on forever. If I commit to a hatch standoff, that's on me. Usually I hide and work on gens for points without standing still on a hole for 20 mins. Usually it ends in a chase and death, but sometimes you get that last gen done and get out.

     But I would love to know how you assume my games go? 
  • I think the best way to fix would be to have survivor auto jump in hatch if they step on it. This way there is no standoff. Survivors shouldn't be able to stop the killer from attacking them.

  • Hatch Rework should be equal to Hatch Removal.

  • Simple hatch standoff solution to save 20 minutes.

    Killer: hit them and let them leave. You get bp, its INSTANTLY over and you can go to the next game. 

    Survivor: if they camp it, go do gens. You get bp for those still btw.  -OR- just jump, and if they grab you, its INSTANTLY over and you can go to the next game.
  • If they do that then give out the 4 man hatch trophy 
    That’s not hard to get lol I got that on PS4 ages ago