Do people hate "deception"?

I keep getting tunnelled really aggressively, do people just hate deception?

I'm running flashbang, deception, borrowed, and inner strength. - by no means a toxic or sweaty build.

I'm just confused if this build is why I'm getting hardcore tunnelled every game.

Thoughts?

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • I certainly don't hate it. It's not even that good imo

  • It's a fun perk to use when it works it's like pebble in a way and honestly it's 100% your fault if you get mad at deception

  • Obviously you're trying to bully the killer and deserve the tunnel. /s

  • Tunnelers gonna tunnel. But I will say, squeaky locker doors can very much be a signal of trying to annoy the killer (which is fair as they are your opponent). Could be a red flag for Head On, flashlights, etc.

  • If a killer ends up hating deception then that says something.

    In most case scenarios, it'll only trick the killer once unless the killer doesn't know of its existence.

  • I've never been able to pull off Deception effectively. There's never a locker around when you need it.

    Now, Power Pebble? I'll throw the Pebble and expect the killer to investigate the area but every time I do the killer somehow gets behind me and slaps me on the back of the head REALLY hard.

    I never saw it coming because I was distracted...

  • @Heartbound said:

    I've never been able to pull off Deception effectively. There's never a locker around when you need it.

    Now, Power Pebble? I'll throw the Pebble and expect the killer to investigate the area but every time I do the killer somehow gets behind me and slaps me on the back of the head REALLY hard.

    I never saw it coming because I was distracted...

    I have Bond, Sabo, Red herring, Diversion.

    It was some rare time that I used Red herring to bring killer to my lone Gen, Sabo a hook near by to get attention to me. Made a chase seeing my 3 teammates were on another Gen. Took a corner, use Diversion back to my Gen location and seeing killer gave up my chase go back to a no-man Gen.

    Best feeling.

  • not at all. it's a fun perk to see in games.

  • I literally had to look it up because nobody ever uses that perk in my games anymore. I love it.

  • I hardly ever see it. When I do I don't think I've ever been tricked by it.

  • I spent the entire weekend playing with Deception and Head On (they're my two favourite perks)...I did get some complaints about the combo I was running. For me it's a fun build and I enjoy it, plus it really helps to extend the chases.

  • My dumbass saw a survivor run by Locker, use deception (still in my line of sight) and my body reacted before my brain and I opened the locker.

    Damn survivor stop looping the shack and started nodding me.

    <_<

    Gotta remember Deception does exist.

  • @Hi_Im_Chucky said:

    My dumbass saw a survivor run by Locker, use deception (still in my line of sight) and my body reacted before my brain and I opened the locker.

    Damn survivor stop looping the shack and started nodding me.

    <_<

    Gotta remember Deception does exist.

    you make a good point about the body reacting before the brain, I noticed when playing it's pretty instant - even when the killer could still see me, they checked the locker. I did it to a Nurse in one match (when breaking line of sight, so much easier to get the locker check), and she downed me then checked the locker and then was nodding at me LOL.