We Stucked in Anti-Gen and Anti-Tunnel Meta for Years
Killers have to use Anti-Gen perks because good luck if you don't use them.
Survivors have to use BT & DS because good luck if you don't use them.
And those perks are just band-aid, which fixed bad gameplay design. I would argue that perks should be less powerful and playstyle modifiers.
Instead band-aid perks, we should get game mechanics for play against genrush and tunnel. Not perks. Perks should just be fun and not so strong (for both sides).
Comments
So, do what I've been saying.
Address base-game issues and nuke the meta.
This probably will take so much time but i am sure those changes will make DbD better.
I mean, it's been 6 years since the game came out and 4 since I started playing.
I'd like to think they're still cooking something up for facecamping.
Devs don't want to move the meta away from this.
So they add stuff like CoH to keep healing meta and encourage tunneling, thus encouraging anti-tunnel and gen slowdown. They also add MMR to encourage tunneling even more.
This is the game they want.
I believe the devs when they say they're working on it.
However, from my perspective, nothing is a certainty in this game until it actually goes live, and even then there's no guarantee of permanence.
Damn I'd love some real changes over band-aid fixes, though. Perks never should have been their way of dealing with core issues.
This is bad business then. People are leaving because it is not fun. Play survivor and get hard tunnel. Play killer and get genrush. People are just leaving game.
They could make hook respawn to another place like PH's cage. The whole BT + DS is auto become useless.
They could add a 2nd objective that instead of 80sec Gen, it could be 20sec Gas + 60sec Gen. Gen slow down itself become much weaker.
BHvR is full of bad business. Their last three projects (Eternal Crusade, Westworld, and Deathgarden) all failed.
Yeah, Deathgarden had potential actually but they found way of the fail.