6th Anniversary of DbD and Trapper is Still Worst Killer
He was weakest killer at start and after years he is still weakest killer.
Trapper needs buffs more than any killer.
He was weakest killer at start and after years he is still weakest killer.
Trapper needs buffs more than any killer.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Yes, but he won't get any buffs
At the start he was the only killer, so he kinda had to be the strongest.
Anyway, I disagree! I think Trapper is always going to be considered low tier just because of the fact that he has to set up, but I don't think he's at the bottom. Clown is still at the bottom, that's not changed in a while, and I think a strong argument could be made that Trapper's highest potential is higher than a couple other killers too.
That said, there are a handful of buffs he could benefit from.
Ya know, we have ‘Range’ Killers, and ‘Stealth’ Killers, Hell we even got ‘Lethal’ (Insta-Down) Killers…I honestly thought ‘Trap’ Killers was going to be a thing. So many unique traps mechanics exist and I know a couple of movies that highlight Killers who trap or ensnare victims as their “thing”. I was always expecting for BHVR to do what they always do and just reuse a Killer power with a new twist.
I would be surprised if they fixed Trapper instead of just dropping a better version of Trapper as a new Killer lol~
Average killer main daily life, "Buff killers, nerf survivors".
All day, every day.
I love call myself "Killer and Survivor Main" but go ahead.
You have made a great perspective to the topic.
He could use some buffs sure, but I wouldnt call him the worst killer. I think the honor goes to myers. He's the only killer in the game with a hard cap to how many times his power can be used.
I think to buff Myers, he should DRIVE A CAR, HE DOES IT IN THE ORIGINAL MOVIE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD #CARFORMYERS
He needs some more changes, but I wouldn’t call him worse than clown. I might’ve put legion below him before but not after the upcoming legion buffs.
They need to remove him getting trapped by his own traps at the very least. He's the only killer who can harm himself by using his power.
Tbh I don’t think that’d be as big of a problem if they got rid of DH over traps which needs to happen anyways
I wouldn't consider Trapper the worst killer but he is 100% at the bottom.
The last "buff" they gave to him was just not enough. I still think he should spawn with all his traps by the default. Everyone else does so.
Idk about spawning with all traps, but I do think his traps shouldn’t be so far spread out. I shouldn’t have to spend 15 seconds going to a hill on the corner of the map and then walking around it and up on top of it just to collect my power.
There was a thread earlier today that complained about traps on the artist map being so easy to spot because it's all sand. Maps need an overhaul in general but some are god awful for trapper. The game, lerys, rpd, midwich. Any map that doesn't have a lot of grass your traps stick out like a sore thumb.
Theres also the elephant in the room, comms. Swf is twice as deadly to trapper because if 1 person sees a trap then they all know where it is. Sadly I can't think of a way to fix this.
imo DH shouldn't go away but they need to remove the invulnerability. DH should be for distance only.
My own thought for a simple early game buff is all his traps start already set. The random locations will still be an issue, assuming they aren't looked at, too, but it creates more of a risk/chance for an unwary survivor to trap themselves early.
It took them 5 years to change a 1 to a 2 so I don't see him getting another buff any time soon.
He will never be close Nurse (and he should not be anyway). His power is weak and simple, that's reason. But some good buffs can make him viable. First he seriously should start with all traps or he should reload them at lockers. He is already losing so much time while trapping map, he should not lose time for picking them.
And his traps should not trigger by him. His power should not hit him, it is so silly.
etc.
Idk for game health reasons it's better that way
"Worst"? Imagine Legion being such a bad Killer that you forgot they exist.
Lol but no really, I don't see them doing much to Trapper when Otz shows close to every day that a good trapper is practically unbeatable against average survivors.
Yes, us vs them, not a friendly discussion about how we can improve a killer, no no, ALWAYS has to be a competition