2 Cheaters in less then 2 hours... But we do have a cosmetic sale! :D

I can't describe how done I am with this. Nice cosmetic sale but when can we expect the real problems to be fixed? I saw some really good questions in the player satisfaction survey but there is no point of making one if no action is going to be taken anyway... I have played almost no dbd this week because of this. More and more people quit DBD for the same reason and I think it's time to spend some money on this issue, BHVR. I know I'm just screaming into the void but I still wanted to make this post.

Comments

  • Once again.

    BUG FIXES AND COSMETIC ADVERTISING IS 2 DIFFERENT TEAMS THERE NOT THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • i understand your frustrated about hackers but just because there advertising cosmetics doesn’t mean there ignoring hackers. The social media part is not in charge of fixing hackers

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    i understand your frustrated about hackers but just because there advertising cosmetics doesn’t mean there ignoring hackers. The social media part is not in charge of fixing hackers

    I know but they want us to spend money but they just refuse to spend money on this huge problem.

  • Yeah, the hacker situation is just getting out of control at this point. I get the frustration, but the cosmetics and bug fixing/technical issues are handled by two different teams.

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    Once again.

    BUG FIXES AND COSMETIC ADVERTISING IS 2 DIFFERENT TEAMS THERE NOT THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    @Aurelle said:

    Yeah, the hacker situation is just getting out of control at this point. I get the frustration, but the cosmetics and bug fixing/technical issues are handled by two different teams.

    cool. but both teams are managed by bhvr.

    perhaps they can use their budget more efficiently, spending less money on the cosmetics team and hiring more programmers instead?

    I never got the "they're two different teams" excuse.

    by the way, I don't see anyone complaining that we don't have enough cosmetics. in fact, most of them are pretty ugly, and no one cares or looks forward to new ones.

    we just want the damn game to work properly.

  • @cordonrouge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904070#Comment_2904070

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904089#Comment_2904089

    cool. but both teams are managed by bhvr.

    perhaps they can use their budget more efficiently, spending less money on the cosmetics team and hiring more programmers instead?

    I never got the "they're two different teams" excuse.

    by the way, I don't see anyone complaining that we don't have enough cosmetics. in fact, most of them are pretty ugly, and no one cares or looks forward to new ones.

    we just want the damn game to work properly.

    Exactly, I understand it's different teams but we spend money and they refuse to invest money in the community. If they keep refusing to spend money on this the game will lose even more players.

  • Imagine blaming construction workers cuz there is still crime in your local area.

    You cant blame ppl that have nothing to do with the actual problem. Also they are working on it, constantly, it is an arms race that will never end sadly. Not only dbd struggles with it, CSGO has hackers since the beginning of the big bang.

  • I'm sure it's possible that I've played against a few subtle hackers, but who knows. As far as obvious hackers I've only seen my wife play with one (she was solo). It doesn't seem like the epidemic that others claim it to be.

    How obvious were their hacks? I mean I've been accused of hacking before because my lag was bad. And I have no clue how to hack on console.

  • @malloymk said:

    I'm sure it's possible that I've played against a few subtle hackers, but who knows. As far as obvious hackers I've only seen my wife play with one (she was solo). It doesn't seem like the epidemic that others claim it to be.

    How obvious were their hacks? I mean I've been accused of hacking before because my lag was bad. And I have no clue how to hack on console.

    Its a heck of a lot harder to hack on a console than it is to hack on a pc, Which is where the majority of the hackers are, There was a huge increase on there, I play on play pc and ps4, but lately I've been only playing on console with cross play turned off because of the amount of hackers that are currently in the game, It was an issue years ago as well, but not nearly as bad as it is now.

  • @cordonrouge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904070#Comment_2904070

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904089#Comment_2904089

    cool. but both teams are managed by bhvr.

    perhaps they can use their budget more efficiently, spending less money on the cosmetics team and hiring more programmers instead?

    I never got the "they're two different teams" excuse.

    by the way, I don't see anyone complaining that we don't have enough cosmetics. in fact, most of them are pretty ugly, and no one cares or looks forward to new ones.

    we just want the damn game to work properly.

    I mean, I don't get this argument either.

    From a development perspective, there is 0 doubt in my mind they are always actively doing anti-cheat and there probably is a team dedicated for that. If you follow console modding/hacking news, hackers are often three steps ahead of the devs at any one time - one hole is patched, but hackers often have backup exploits far in advanced devs aren't aware of. People love to meme the last couple of q&a's but it really is an arms race to stop hackers. No software is secure, by any means - just ask Sony and Nintendo who have more manpower and can poach the best security engineers than bhvr will ever have and one way or another things will be cracked - anti-cheats are no exception. It's trying to make things as complicated as possible to achieve these.

    I also don't think it's a matter of budget resource allocation either. More programmers aren't going to help (new hires, nonetheless, as new hires have more overhead and less productiveness due to onboarding, familiarizing yourself with code, etc), and you can't just throw a bunch of random programmers at a codebase and issues just magically disappear from existence. Not to mention cosmetics (and sales) actively gain money for the game, and at best improved anticheat very slightly passively does - meaning that if they were to hire more developers for security it would probably be paid for by cosmetics.

    In addition to that, while I don't know bhvr's team structure in regards to dbd - they probably have developers specifically for balance, anti-cheat, improvements, general backend/maintenance, etc. From a developer standpoint, too many people on one team who are working over each other causes a worse quality product and generally can cause more issues than not - as well as two or more teams overlapping on the same section of the code. Famously, Amazon uses a pizza analogy for a proper team size for X - that being the perfect amount of people on a team is fed by 2 pizza's.

    Things are probably constantly patched every release, we just aren't told, and that is by design. You don't want to give hackers any information - ever.