Are boons quiet?

This is a an actual question. Am I just bad at listening to them or are they actually a bit quiet? I always feel like I'm further away than I am by the time I walk up on one.

Comments

  • Their audio radius is tiny compared to the ptb where you could hear a boon inside dead dawg main building from outside it.

  • @Brimp said:

    Their audio radius is tiny compared to the ptb where you could hear a boon inside dead dawg main building from outside it.

    Okay good, so I'm not completely deaf.

  • @JamnJelly said:

    This is a an actual question. Am I just bad at listening to them or are they actually a bit quiet? I always feel like I'm further away than I am by the time I walk up on one.

    Honestly, you should just be able to see their auras after a certain amount of time.

    it'd make them a bit less of a pain.

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/319206/are-boons-quiet

    Honestly, you should just be able to see their auras after a certain amount of time.

    it'd make them a bit less of a pain.

    I'm fine with just the sounds, it's just the directional aspect of it I struggle with at times. I rarely try to hunt them down but when I do I'm usually just looking up and down trying to figure out if it's up top or ground floor.

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/319206/are-boons-quiet

    Honestly, you should just be able to see their auras after a certain amount of time.

    it'd make them a bit less of a pain.

    I'm okay with the sound, perhaps a small aura visible once you get within a certain radius.

    The problem boons are the ones in RPD library, on top of Eyrie or IWOM etc. Even if you know they're there, going to snuff it takes ages. And if you don't snuff it, it's covering half the map in frigging CoH, Shadowstep and Exponential.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904018#Comment_2904018

    I'm okay with the sound, perhaps a small aura visible once you get within a certain radius.

    The problem boons are the ones in RPD library, on top of Eyrie or IWOM etc. Even if you know they're there, going to snuff it takes ages. And if you don't snuff it, it's covering half the map in frigging CoH, Shadowstep and Exponential.

    yeah.

    I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

    CoH should require you to break a totem before you can bless one.


    Also, all boons should have a duration. More boons = less boon time between uses.

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904158#Comment_2904158

    yeah.

    I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

    CoH should require you to break a totem before you can bless one.

    Also, all boons should have a duration. More boons = less boon time between uses.

    Or something, yes.

    The problem is that right now, boons may as well be up the entire match. Meaning that their effects have to be pretty petty (and thus seldom run) or are obnoxious to play against.

    This is one of those things that needs to go back to the drawing board.

  • I think the audio occlusion is being weird on The Game again because you can barely hear Boons.

  • They are, and it's part of their bad design. If they're too quiet, you can't find them to snuff them. If they're too loud, they hide survivors' sounds in chase.