Weird/Idiosyncratic Builds That Worked Out Better Than You Expected?

When I'm not trying to learn survivor these days, I've been experimenting with some really wacky but still somewhat effective builds on killers.

Probably my favorite has to be Nemesis with Plaything, Call of Brine, Discordance and Tinkerer - using Ink Ribbon and Shattered Badge.

Ultra fast zombies plus constant loud noise notifications on gens, plus me being frequently undetectable...it was pandemonium.

Worked well in two games, failed abysmally in game 3 because flashlights.

Still though, fun!

How about you?

Comments

  • Flip-Flop + Unbreakable + Power Struggle + Tenacity


    I stunned killer 3 times in a trial and total 6 - 7 times in row. And i did this before PS buff.

    I was trying to do PS challange. But i enjoyed so much, so i used build for more games. I know this build is strong with SWF but i did as solo survivor, which felt me very good.

  • A few days back I had the full backpack build on Nemesis and it actually won me the game. I thought I'd be lucky to get 1-2k but the survivors just kind of hand delivered me the game.

  • I love running rancor roulette on most killers

    Rancor + furtive chase + nemesis + lethal pursuer (can swap out if necessary)

  • This isn't going to be doable after this patch. But it was my favorite legion build for a while.

    Iri button with the purple blade addon.

    Sloppy, caulrophobia, Distressing, and Thana.

    It was truly beautiful. RIP my boy

  • I dont have one but this question makes me wish we had a Randomizer perk offering so that we could maybe get extra bp for builds that may or may not work as well as discovering new crazy builds

  • Was trying out the Cleanse 20 Totems challenge (I was in a SWF for 15 of these because I didn't want people to bring Boons and for me to make them useless because I know that's annoying, but 5 of these Totems were cleansed solo, all with the same build). I stuck on a botched Totem Cleanser build and went to town- Inner Strength, Clairvoyance, Iron Will, Borrowed Time (BT is here because I do not trust anyone, not even my friends, to bring the perk so I do it myself, and IW is there so while healing in a Locker the killer can't hear the grunt of pain).

    Worked shockingly well. Could consistently find Totems, was normally on objectives or getting saves with BT, and nobody expects the Clairvoyance Window Tech™ to get you out of trouble.

    Overall was very fun, would reccommend (as long as nobody uses Boons so they don't get mad at you lmfao).

  • Recently I had a daily as Trapper (the standard catch 3 survivors in your bear traps) and decided to do an archive challenge with him, where it was like "hit 3 or 4 survivors while Undetectable using the perk Tinkerer" and wanted to see if I could get both challenges done in one match.

    Anyways, I decided to use Dark Devotion+Tinkerer+Call Of Brine+Discordance (with Stitched Bag to strategically place my traps and Bloody Coil to dissuade survivors from disarming them) for fun and the results played out better than I could've ever expected. The Obsession not only kept healing with a Boon all match but kept blessing the exact same totem I kept snuffing out, making it easier to find them every single time giving me continuous value out of Dark Devotion. With the info I was getting from the other 3 perks and the added Undetectable from Tinkerer, the survivors barely, if ever, heard my terror radius all match. Needless to say, I caught them all of guard with this build and completely dominated. Can't say it's the strongest build by any means but damn was it ever fun pulling it off!!

  • Dead Rabbit, J. Myers Memorial, Infectious, M&A, PWYF, and Bamboozle on Michael.

    The idea is to be very stealthy in tier 2 then explode into action in T3 before the survivors have time to react. Infectious helps keep the ball rolling and ideally I build up 3 PWYF stacks before popping T3.


    I also had the idea of a Blight build with Infectious, Distressing, Shadowborn, and BBQ with Alc Ring and Iri Tag, but I haven't gotten around to it yet since I never tried it when I was on console and now that I'm on PC I don't have all of these perks yet.

  • Shadowstep

    Exponential

    Dark Theory

    Circle of Healing

    After blessing a totem for roughly 20 seconds, the Killer will hear boss music

  • I've found that I dislike running For the People because I get injured and cannot use it.

    I've also found that I dislike running Resilience because others try to heal me when I want to stay injured.

    However, equipping both perks removes that distaste and I feel like I'm getting good value either way.

  • Hasn't worked in a while, but PWYF Twins was fun while it lasted

  • Play With Your Food + Any 110% (or lower) killer.