Add 4th Charm slot for Causes

I'd like to suggest adding a fourth charm slot, but designating only certain charms that can fill it, that are "cause" charms. Causes being things like LGBTQIA+, Standing with Ukraine, BLM, etc.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Why not just let there be 4

  • what's the point we already got three and if you're sacrificing one cosmetic slot for a cause isn't that more commendable than having 3 unnecessary ones?

  • An LGBT flag isn't politics; it's supporting people that need it, and I was just giving examples of possibilities. The LGBT charm is the easiest example, just because I've seen streamers come across it and literally pause what they're doing to cheer. It can mean a lot to people to see that stuff in something as mundane as a game, so I like leaving that charm perma-slotted.

    Problem is, I only have 3 slots, so I thought it would be interesting to have a 4th slot that only worked with specific charms, and if you don't want to use it, you can leave it blank.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2886096#Comment_2886096

    Sure it is. It represents a group of people banning together to influence politics. The same as a BLM flag or any other group. Where you fall on any given issue is irrelevant because at the end of the day someone is going to decide whose politics are acceptable and who's are not and that is not something an inclusive community needs to do. No one needs to know your sexual, political, or religious preferences, and forcing them into the conversation or game with no reason to do so is transparently promoting an agenda.

    It isn't a matter of using it or don't, it's a matter of here's a political flag waved in your face that you may or may not be opposed to.

    If I were a business owner who had their business burned to the ground during a BLM riot would it be cool to have the flag waving at me? What if I lost a family member to the BLM guy that ran down multiple people in Wisconsin? Who makes these choices? What if something occurs between two causes such as a LGBTQ and a BLM member? Which cause charm do we delete?

    It can all be avoided by simply keeping the game a game and not a political propaganda tool.

    You remind me of one of those scare-tactic politicians that pushes the worst-case scenario as an everyday occurrence. Just because something bad happens, you don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

    People have bumper stickers, flags, shirts, license plates, and all sorts of other things to share their support of various causes. It's not overtly political, and a person's sexual or gender identity shouldn't be thought of as something conceived to influence politics--that's just tremendously dismissive and insensitive of who they are.

    Some things are worth being celebrated--that's why we have holidays, days of remembrance, and days of visibility, and saying otherwise that it's "political" or "propaganda" just comes off as bitter and jaded.

  • @Ashendale said:

    An LGBT flag isn't politics; it's supporting people that need it, and I was just giving examples of possibilities. The LGBT charm is the easiest example, just because I've seen streamers come across it and literally pause what they're doing to cheer. It can mean a lot to people to see that stuff in something as mundane as a game, so I like leaving that charm perma-slotted.

    Problem is, I only have 3 slots, so I thought it would be interesting to have a 4th slot that only worked with specific charms, and if you don't want to use it, you can leave it blank.

    I agree and disagree.

    As a member of the LGBT , Identity politics (unfortunately) exist

  • i don't really see how this would be helping those causes in any way, that feels performative

    oh jesus christ i just looked at some of the other comments

    forums are just in full bastard mode today huh

  • As the discussion is going off the rails, I am closing this thread here. I am leaving here a reminder: People's identity is NOT a political matter, and representation is NOT a political matter.