Calling all Pig mains

What's the point of grabbing someone from a locker, dropping them, placing a trap on their head, picking them up, only to immidiately drop chase and go for the person with an active hat on their heads who is dead on hook and then kill them?

Genuine question because it still makes no logical sense to me.

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • Because she put a hat on you for the bloodpoints, not because she's trying to play optimally.

  • Isn't there a ritual to place traps as Amanda? Or maybe a tome challenge?

  • Never mind my answer doesn't make sense lol

  • I have a better question, why do some pigs dont let us boop their snoots? I get sad if a pig doesnt let me, Im literally giving them a free hit in return and quite possibly a hook if they decide to chase :(

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2881683#Comment_2881683

    so then why place the trap??

    like it just is not computing in my brain why you would do that when you goal is to kill them asap, why not save the trap for someone else or have used it earlier?

    They didn’t know when you were going to be unhooked so they put a trap on you as insurance.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2881665#Comment_2881665

    and that is fair enough !!

    i'm just wondering why you would waste the trap when you can slug them + force someone else to get off gens and heal them wasting even more time. my confusion comes from her clearly wanting to win- hence doing what she did, fair enough- and yet being so inefficient about it.

    Maybe she used it to get extra points, sometimes if the game is already won because people suicided or DC I put one on the last person if I still have them because it gives around 500 BPs.

    Or just poor decission making, sometimes you can only explain certain actions with "the player made a mistake because he did".

  • @HectorBrando said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2881672#Comment_2881672

    Maybe she used it to get extra points, sometimes if the game is already won because people suicided or DC I put one on the last person if I still have them because it gives around 500 BPs.

    Or just poor decission making, sometimes you can only explain certain actions with "the player made a mistake because he did".

    except it wasn't a poor decision

  • We werent there and if OP says it was an inefficient play I believe him since he has shown several times he plays this game enough to discern good and bad plays.

  • If Pig finds someone with an active trap, sometimes they found that survivor specifically because the survivor was roaming the map looking for a key. In this scenario, I would consider the hat to have done its job, because it allowed Pig to find that survivor. And it's important to sometime chase people with an active trap, just to show they should have been careful instead of just running in front of the killer, because some survivors think they should be invincible when they are wearing an active trap, because the killer is "expected" to let them run around because they aren't progressing the game.


    Also, I've sometimes placed a trap on someone, then dropped the survivor to chase someone else. Sometimes it's because I didn't notice the other survivor until after I was carrying someone else. Sometimes it's because I was worried I wouldn't be able to make it to the hook in time (especially if I've dropped the survivor once already). Sometimes it's just because I originally was planning on hooking a survivor, then I changed my mind while I was carrying that survivor, and I decided to go for the sure kill instead of the maybe kill. And sometimes if there aren't many generators left, I try to quickly use up all my remaining traps, because I really don't know how long it would be until the last generator pops, even if it looks like I'm "wasting traps".

1 2 ›