CoH suggestion: Strength based on distance from boon

I’ve been talking to some people and generally people agree that the idea could help mitigate some issues killers and survivors have with Circle of Healing.


Simply put, what if the boon’s healing effect was stronger the closer you were to it? The issue killers have are the out of the way locations they need to go to stop the strong effects, while for survivors they don’t like a new strong perk being weakened, but if the boon was only strong up close, then it may not need to be nerfed as hard, while also reducing headache for killers.


For instance, let’s use the numbers from when CoH was released. If the max strength was 100%, you’d only get 30-50% at the very very edge, progressively getting stronger until you were within 5 meters of the boon where you’d get the max 100%. This would both keep the perk strong for people survivors but would prevent out of the way totem locations from feeling overpowered or unbalanced. If a survivor put a boon at the top of ironworks or an indoor map, survivors would need to actually go up to it to get the max effects.


I’d like to know what more people think, if anyone views this post.

Comments

  • It's not a terrible idea, if tweaked, but it's too complicated for BHVR. They want all their boon perks to function very similarly, and this would break the conformity. There's no point in suggesting changes, even good ones, if they are complicated and "hard to understand for new players."

  • My normal objection would be that it makes Circle of Healing work differently from other boons, but in this case I could see the logic. This just involves CoH's actual effect without affecting the Boon directly.

  • Nice idea, I like how it makes survivors make a choice about losing time as well as being a direct nerf to multifloor boons.

  • I'll just copy and paste, because I've actually posted my ideas several times on the forum. CoH just has to work as a self-care without stacking with anything else nor increase coop heal by allies to affect high swf mmr where it's still a strong perk. So, devs can keep the 21 seconds to self-heal.


    @randonly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2880153#Comment_2880153

    too bad thing, because the devs don't know what's wrong with the perk that still strong on high MMR SWF, and will keep nerfing the wrong aspects until it's deleted.

    What problematic aspects are these? All involving high MMR SWF, i will list:

    - heal stacks with med kit (both solo and swf are benefited)

    - increased healing by co-op actions (heal allies)

    - bless the totems infinitely (with coordinated group)

    solution?

    COH would now be a perk that unlocks the self healing action. Does not stack with effect from other perks or items. It also wouldn't decrease the time it takes to heal allies on totem radius.

    Now CoH would be entirely self-healing and with a token/CD system. That way devs can keep the current 21 seconds.

    So, on this way, the nerfs affect purely SWF and not hurt the already horrendous SoloQ any more, solving the problems with quick heals.

    Ps: The other aspects you mentioned, that's what I've already explained, I can't force anyone to follow me to the radius of the totem, and I can't follow others all the time on SoloQ, leaving more important things, unless I have specific challenge and have to troll the match


  • Why on earth is Blazelski's Doctor profile pic larger than Zeidoktor's?

  • @Zeidoktor said:

    My normal objection would be that it makes Circle of Healing work differently from other boons, but in this case I could see the logic. This just involves CoH's actual effect without affecting the Boon directly.

    Yeah I would also think that’d be good but I know they really want a flush boon range in case of multiple boons so there aren’t more than one boon area of affects from one totem.

  • @randonly said:

    I'll just copy and paste, because I've actually posted my ideas several times on the forum. CoH just has to work as a self-care without stacking with anything else nor increase coop heal by allies to affect high swf mmr where it's still a strong perk. So, devs can keep the 21 seconds to self-heal.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2880224#Comment_2880224

    I think I’ve seen your post before. I do like it, just brainstorming my own idea that I think would be good. Anything’s better than just nerfing it. I believe it needs a change not to be weakened necessarily, it’s just too strong with it covering the area that it does and functioning the way it does