What if playing killer was just as fun as playing survivor in SWF?
In my theory then equal amounts of people would want to play as killer and survivor.
However the fact is right now, most people want to play as survivor. Survivor has to be more fun or else the killer queues would be always bad.
Comments
And how is that supposed to be happening?
One can play with friends, chat and even complain to each other how much of a jerk the opposition is.
The other is all alone and too busy trying to keep up the pressure in non stop hurry.
One can be a hangout, the other a chore.
I don't see how you make them equally fun.
And moreover the devs have announced in the past that the more draining nature of the killer role is even as intentional as some of the aggressive after game chat. They called it competitive banter or something. (Citation needed)
For example if every killer would be equal in strength with Blight
That would, however, not make "the killer just as fun as survivor" but the survivor as miserable as killer. Turning every killer into blight or nurse is a race to the bottom in terms of fun from what I can tell.
As burt0r pointed out, an essential part of what makes playing survivor fun is the group-factor. You and your friends, as a group, can enjoy some time together and can decide if you want to sweat or if you want to goof off -- and regardless of the match outcome chances are you will have had fun simply because you played together with your friends and it was time well spent in one way or the other. This, by definition, is not possible with the single-player killer role.
So again "killer fun" is if you can stomp most of the opposing side. Its getting really lame these days.
Wish it were the case.
I was killer main for so long, but really, when I just wanna chill, I play survivor. Due to the power role given to killers, you cant joke around all match and still be effective killer unless the survivors are throwing the match, then I do 360 spin hooks etc...
KWF = SWF.