Why can't the "Snuff Totem" action work like Pentimento does?

Why do we need the 2.5 Second animation to stomp the totem? Why not the quick snap n snuff, like lighting Pentimento totems.

I know this is minor in the scheme of current game health, but I just hate how you need to be perfectly aligned to even start the animation, then it takes 2.5 seconds to complete.

Comments

  • not to mention how finicky the prompt is sometimes. i could be staring right at a boon and be right next to it and it just won't show up.

  • Because you wouldn't get that satisfying kick animation.

  • @Mr_K said:

    Because you wouldn't get that satisfying kick animation.

    Okay I may enjoy Trap-Daddy's leather britches but I would gladly give it up for this change </3

  • I agree. The hitbox to snuff a totem should be bigger as well. Sometimes it takes longer to position yourself just right than it does to even snuff the totem.

  • @AnneBonny said:

    not to mention how finicky the prompt is sometimes. i could be staring right at a boon and be right next to it and it just won't show up.

    100% this.

    With Pentimento, it at least sort of "snaps" you into position. Unlike Snuffing....