Thinking about getting a new PC, looking for recommendations.

My price range is really anything that doesn't go over $1,200 (USD) The cheaper the better, of course, but I still want something that'll run well.

I'd prefer prebuilt but I'd also be ok with building one, I'd even be fine with one of those higher-end laptops.


Tell me if you have any more questions because I'm not really sure which details are important and which aren't lol

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • @KhaineGB I'm just gonna tag Khaine in here as our resident expert!

  • @Mandy said:

    @KhaineGB I'm just gonna tag Khaine in here as our resident expert!

    I appreciate it!

  • Firstly, kinda need to know your rough location (aka country) because different companies are located in differnet places. Like I used Novatech but they're a UK-exclusive firm, and looking up Novatech USA brings up Nova-Tech, a firm which produces lab equipment.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Firstly, kinda need to know your rough location (aka country) because different companies are located in differnet places. Like I used Novatech but they're a UK-exclusive firm, and looking up Novatech USA brings up Nova-Tech, a firm which produces lab equipment.

    I know what country I'm in so that's a good start

    I have a rough idea of what companies are in my country, but I'll definitely do more research. Thanks!

  • I always have kinda mid range PCs - currently MSI Board, AMD 2400g, 4GB 1650 GTX and 16GB - and never had any problems with them. Only problems i hear of seem to be mostly on high end systems.

    You can pretty much build / change systems on most PC sale websites i know (Germany). Ready configurated in different prices.

    Then alter to your preference and price. Try a balanced CPU (can be stronger as you can always easier upgrade the GPU) and GPU and 16 or better 32 GB and SSD + good Power Supply.

    I go for the known brands like MSI, ASUS, G.Skill, Samsung, Sandisk, Western Difgital. And as said never got problems with these.

  • It depends on what kind of games you want to play.

    Custom built is a lot of work - but you can buy your parts individually over time and construct your PC when it's ready, which makes it less of a gut- punch to your wallet.

    Having more than 16g of RAM is a must, and you have to have a 2080 or better to keep things future proof these days.


    That being said, there are plenty of quality pre-builds out there.

    Pro tip - NEVER get water cooled.