@Attackfrog said:
Is the Friday after Canadian Thanksgiving also a huge holiday celebrating the miracle of commerce called Black Friday?
Kinda'. We have Black Friday on the same day as the American Black Friday, except ours is like getting 10% off stuff nobody wants anyway, or a decent deal on one thing you actually do.
Also that one thing you actually want only had five in stock to begin with and sold out within the first ten minutes because literally everyone else in the country is fighting (politely) over the one good deal.
Except for Dead by Daylight, of course, which is 50% right now and totally in stock!
Also keep in mind that Thanksgiving in comparison to Halloween doesn't have such an international appeal. As a German I can tell we know that it exists and it's an important day in the US. But that's it. No reson to celebrate it as well.
Like Freudentrauma said: I'm from Eastern Europe, and I have no clue what Thanksgiving is about either, other than turkeys. I'm guessing... some Christian stuff?
@George_Soros said:
Like Freudentrauma said: I'm from Eastern Europe, and I have no clue what Thanksgiving is about either, other than turkeys. I'm guessing... some Christian stuff?
It's an American thing related to the colonization of the territory by the English, IIRC.
Like Freudentrauma said: I'm from Eastern Europe, and I have no clue what Thanksgiving is about either, other than turkeys. I'm guessing... some Christian stuff?
It's in celebration of when we took the land from those pathetic natives way back when. >:D
Like Freudentrauma said: I'm from Eastern Europe, and I have no clue what Thanksgiving is about either, other than turkeys. I'm guessing... some Christian stuff?
It's in celebration of when we took the land from those pathetic natives way back when. >:D
Ah, those glorious days. So basically you're celebrating Darwin?
Like Freudentrauma said: I'm from Eastern Europe, and I have no clue what Thanksgiving is about either, other than turkeys. I'm guessing... some Christian stuff?
It's in celebration of when we took the land from those pathetic natives way back when. >:D
Ah, those glorious days. So basically you're celebrating Darwin?
Precisely. Survival of the fittest, or rather, most advanced.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Would totally want a ThanksKilling event though. Side objective for killers, protect the pies from survivors greedy fingers.
Also, happy thanksgiving everyone!
But beyond that, between Halloween and Christmas, Q4 is already packed with events.
Do they also eat turkey?
Did the native Canadians try to steal their land too and Canadian Pilgrims had to fight them off?
Is the Friday after Canadian Thanksgiving also a huge holiday celebrating the miracle of commerce called Black Friday?
It is today in the states.
Kinda'. We have Black Friday on the same day as the American Black Friday, except ours is like getting 10% off stuff nobody wants anyway, or a decent deal on one thing you actually do.
Also that one thing you actually want only had five in stock to begin with and sold out within the first ten minutes because literally everyone else in the country is fighting (politely) over the one good deal.
Except for Dead by Daylight, of course, which is 50% right now and totally in stock!
Not everyone is celebrating it
Also keep in mind that Thanksgiving in comparison to Halloween doesn't have such an international appeal. As a German I can tell we know that it exists and it's an important day in the US. But that's it. No reson to celebrate it as well.
Like Freudentrauma said: I'm from Eastern Europe, and I have no clue what Thanksgiving is about either, other than turkeys. I'm guessing... some Christian stuff?
It's an American thing related to the colonization of the territory by the English, IIRC.
Ah, those glorious days. So basically you're celebrating Darwin?
Spoken like someone who's completely oblivious to history (as well as Darwin's theory of Evolution).
Given what I've heard from Americans, no, not really. EDIT: Are you familiar with Poe's Law?
Guys, as a Person of British I find such holidays offensive.
Of course not, but if an American says something bigoted, unless I know them, I will likely assume it to be serious.