I researched this around youtubers/devs’s tweets years ago because I found it a curious topic.
Just a system they started using around the Freddy chapter, a country/city name devs would use to refer to chapters in development without saying out loud the license/character name around the office avoiding leaks, but a while ago they started using names related to the universe for chapters and tomes.
Dead by Daylight is an indie horror game developed and published by Behaviour Digital Inc.. Dead by Daylight is both an action and survival horror multiplayer game in which one crazed, unstoppable Killer hunts down four Survivors through a terrifying nightmarish world in a deadly game of Cat & Mouse. It was released on 14 June 2016 for PC, 20 June 2017 for Xbox One and PS4, 24 September 2019 for Switch and 16 April 2020 for Mobile. As a Survivor, go in alone or team up with friends to face an un
This should answer why.
In case the link doesn't work properly, scroll down to "Content Codenames".
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
purely that we have internal names for things that are not specifically related to anything in the Chapter.
If you look at the files they have some alphabetic pattern. Q for Qatar. My favourite is calling survivors "campers."
every single map, realm, chapter and even archive tomes have codenames
first chapters used country names and newer chapters use astrology terms as codenames
What is this Hawkings you speak of?
Some will never know from now on. I miss Hawkins... and i hope we get some more indoor maps.
Badham is England. I tend to wonder if that's a coincidence, or a slight reference to Robert Englund, the original Freddy.
I researched this around youtubers/devs’s tweets years ago because I found it a curious topic.
Just a system they started using around the Freddy chapter, a country/city name devs would use to refer to chapters in development without saying out loud the license/character name around the office avoiding leaks, but a while ago they started using names related to the universe for chapters and tomes.
Super cool, but they never gave any hints
This should answer why.
In case the link doesn't work properly, scroll down to "Content Codenames".
I despise Hawkins, but the new screenshots look cool.