Spawning right in front of the hex totems - possible solution?

I just had an idea. the problem with hex totems is often that survs spawn right in front of them. Hex totems are just useless if they're destroyed before the game even begins. my idea would be to only activate the hex totems when they are triggered. 

I mean that when a surv works on a gen and then stops working on it, only then does ruin activate on a random totem. Same with Lullaby: when the first surv is hooked, Lullaby activates on a random totem. This would increase the lifespan of hex totems and fix the problem with the ridiculous spawns near hex totems.

please excuse my bad english and if this idea has been discussed before. It just occurred to me when my hextotem was destroyed at the start of the round for the 3rd time.

Comments

  • Yes, this happens often sadly.

    I think your idea could work but i am not sure they will change the mechanic.

    Someone suggested a corrupt intervention perk for totems. Also not a bad idea.

  • @Marc_123 said:

    Yes, this happens often sadly.

    I think your idea could work but i am not sure they will change the mechanic.

    Someone suggested a corrupt intervention perk for totems. Also not a bad idea.

    Yes, I think such an implementation involves a lot of work. Curses need to be adjusted, some perks like haunted ground need to be reworked. it would probably be easier to implement a corrupt intervention for totems.