Are exhaustion addons fair?

Like the one of doc or clown. Is it fair that they get you exhausted and you can't you for example dead hard anymore?
I'm personally not sure. Sometimes it feels fair, sometimes it feels really crutch. 
I would absoluty not mind if getting exhausted by addons would work different and you can get unexhausted while you're sprinting. That would be much more fair I guess 

Comments

  • Doctors and Pigs are fair, Huntress is iffy with Dead Hard but other that it's fine. Clown not too sure however taking it away will make him worse at chasing, which he's suppose to excel at.

  • I see Pigs exhaustion addon as fair because she has to works towards it. I can also kinda see the Doctors as okay since he has to waste some time shocking you. Clowns is by far the worst since it requires little skill to hit someone with a bottle. They really need to remove his exhaustion addon cause it completely removes to ability to use perks like DH.

  • I can agree with you both.
    I personally totally see clown exhaustion as the worst of all 
  • CakeDuty said:

    it completely removes to ability to use perks like DH.

    I’m pretty sure preventing the use of Dead Hard is the entire point of taking exhaustion perks man. Same as with every single exhaustion perk.
    That’s like saying to remove windows because of Bamboozle.

    Exhaustion add-ons got hell nerfed because of exhaustion-wipe on hook, bar the add-ons that remain permanent under a condition (Slow-Release Toxin, Iridescent Obedience/Obedience Carter’s Notes).
    Add-on afflicted times Exhaustion should pause on hook, not reset. To be fair, Exhaustion should never have been wiped on hook to begin with.
  • Judgement said:
    CakeDuty said:

    it completely removes to ability to use perks like DH.

    I’m pretty sure preventing the use of Dead Hard is the entire point of taking exhaustion perks man. Same as with every single exhaustion perk.
    That’s like saying to remove windows because of Bamboozle.

    Exhaustion add-ons got hell nerfed because of exhaustion-wipe on hook, bar the add-ons that remain permanent under a condition (Slow-Release Toxin, Iridescent Obedience/Obedience Carter’s Notes).
    Add-on afflicted times Exhaustion should pause on hook, not reset. To be fair, Exhaustion should never have been wiped on hook to begin with.
    Not really the entire point, there are still perks like balanced and lithe. 
    Also, why do you care of exhaustion reset after getting hooked? You don't want to give a camped survivor at least a chance to dead hard the hit? (which doesn't work anyway cuz the unhook invisible frames are inconsistent and you can sometimes get downed before touching the ground).
    Also this doesn't apply on doctor madness 3 exhaustion, you stay exhausted after unhook 
  • Exhaustion doesnt stop the hit sprint so yeah its fair.

    And unhook invul lasts longer than it should more often than shorter.
  • I never run Exhaustion Perks, so i'm cool with it. :p

  • Boss said:

    I never run Exhaustion Perks, so i'm cool with it. :p

    "I dont play dbd, so I'm cool with it"
    You notice something? 
  • You're trying to invalidate someone's opinion based on their own personal playstyle and preferences, which they presented in a jovial manner?

    Yeah, I noticed, fam. 
  • Depends on how you define "fair".
    If "fair" means "within the context of the rules and intended mechanics" or "acting on information gathered over dozens, hundreds, or even thousands of hours", then yes, absolutely, 100% fair.
    If "fair" means "one's opponent can't use the tools at their disposal if they provide any significant advantage or require significant efforts to compensate for their usage", then no, it's not fair.

    Which is your definition?

  • I agree to the exhaustion reset on hook (helps a little against both farming teammates and camping killers), but don't you dare touch Clown's Solvent Jug addon. Yes it makes him even more formidable in a chase but otherwise he's one of those killers with not a single tool to counter genrushing. The only way you can play him is start hooking as fast as you can, else gens just pop-pop-pop-pop.
    Yeah I'm biased, I play him most of the time. Still think this is the correct approach. This addon is necessary.

  • Exhaustion addons are fine as they are currently. They were strong before when exhaustion recovered while running but that's because exhaustion perks were stronger not because the addons were super strong. They are strong now but only really because they prevent chase time from being extended and not because they feel like a necessity. For the most part I can only see arguments for Clown's addon but at the same time I'm not going to suggest nerfs for a mid tier killer granted he's the strongest one but still. Every other killer has to work for the exhaustion addon benefits for the most part.

    I'm a bit biased but Dead Hard is the only perk that really gets affected now by the addons to really matter. Most exhaustion perks are meant to end the chase and Dead Hard only extends it. Dead Hard is also so easy to counter that I wouldn't place the exhaustion addons high on the list of issues for DH. If you have a few seconds extra of a guaranteed hit it's easy to just run up behind a survivor a few seconds to see if they pop it and if they don't it's a hit. I've gotten into the habit of doing this as killer and for the most part everyone will waste their Dead Hard. If the survivor is near a pallet you can just time a lunge so the end of the lunge hits them near the end of their animation when they get control of their character but before they can drop a pallet so they can't even drop a pallet on you during DH.

    edit - Forgot hook reset. I'm personally fine with it but I'd prefer an alternative method like Exhaustion recovers x3 quicker while on hook or something. Seems kind of dumb you can have full exhaustion and someone can immediately unhook you and the exhaustion is gone. Yeah it sucks to be unhooked right in front of killer but that's another issue entirely.

  • is it fair that you can outrun the killer + dodge any sort of damage that comes to you in an instant just by pressing shift?
    im honestly not too sure...

  • @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    Like the one of doc or clown. Is it fair that they get you exhausted and you can't you for example dead hard anymore?
    I'm personally not sure. Sometimes it feels fair, sometimes it feels really crutch. 
    I would absoluty not mind if getting exhausted by addons would work different and you can get unexhausted while you're sprinting. That would be much more fair I guess 

    That should tell you how dependent on your exhaution perks you have become. calling exhaustion addons a crutch though... xD

  • @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    Boss said:

    I never run Exhaustion Perks, so i'm cool with it. :p

    "I dont play dbd, so I'm cool with it"
    You notice something? 

    First off his/her comment was for fun, saying the change doesn't affect his/her game play because he/she doesn't use exhaustion perks.
    Second your example is taking it to the utmost extreme in an attempt to push your narrative of the situation.
    At least try to think before letting your emotions control your writing.
    Oh I forgot to add: :p