Just coming back

I'm not a new player but I just came back to the game and I'm ash 1. I'm just curious why I keep getting put against iridescent killers? It doesn't seem too fair to me

Comments

  • Well those ranks mean nothing. I don't know how long you've been gone but the rank system you see isn't the "real" rank. That's the rank you get each month (and you get a nice reward pending how high you can get it).

    Your MMR is hidden, known only to the game

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    Well those ranks mean nothing. I don't know how long you've been gone but the rank system you see isn't the "real" rank. That's the rank you get each month (and you get a nice reward pending how high you can get it).

    Your MMR is hidden, known only to the game

    Oh alright, so them being iridescent doesn't matter?

  • It just means they've played a lot this month.

  • Alright, thank you for letting me know

  • @Rtl_awesome said:

    I'm not a new player but I just came back to the game and I'm ash 1. I'm just curious why I keep getting put against iridescent killers? It doesn't seem too fair to me

    Same name ingame, right? I remember your name from earlier today because you filled in for a duo that had just left, and they're pretty good. A problem with the MMR system is that if people are waiting in lobby for a while, it might put you in that group regardless of your rating. At least that would explain that one game.

  • @GeneralGrievous said:

    why does the endgame screen show player grade instead of the survivor/killer icon? would certainly make it less confusing for players of the loop.

    In fact one of the devs asked in the forums in December or so if people thought they should remove opponents' grades from the endgame score screen since they seem to cause a lot of confusion. If I remember right most or all of the responses said Yes, they shouldn't bother showing you opponents' grades, but that was the last I heard of it. So I'm not sure if there's still anything in the works to remove opponent grades or to replace them with something else (e.g. an up or down arrow indicating if an opponent is higher or lower MMR than you) or if they just scrapped the idea entirely for some reason. 🤷‍♂️

  • FYI for the original poster, although your Grade isn't used for matchmaking, you do get bonus bloodpoints once a month based on how high you managed to get your Grade before they reset. Those bonus points are pretty nice, they go up to 1 million bloodpoints for both killer and survivor if you can reach Iridescent 1 (i.e. 2 million total if you can get Iri 1 as both!) Even if you don't play often enough to get that high, you still get hundreds of thousands of points just for reaching Silver or Gold grades.

  • @GeneralGrievous said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2861710#Comment_2861710

    id just rather them showing the survivor/ killer they played so you can know who ur talking to. tho an indicator of mmr would be very nice

    I agree there, showing the face of the survivor they played instead of the survivors' grade would make a lot more sense honestly.