I can't play Ghostface, no power except his stealth.

Thank God they are reworking him. I'm hoping it as to do with his reveal mechanic and his power because he is TRASH.

I get revealed constantly and everywhere. You are in first-person you can't see survivors half the time when they are revealing you. Unless survivors are completely blind to your presence you get revealed from seemingly everywhere. I can be crouched in corn far from a survivor, revealed. What the hell is that. It's not even enough time to 99 a survivor half the time which is how you are ideally supposed to play him. Then you play survivor and you can be in his face 5 meters from him and you get exposed. It feels so broken on both sides but when I play killer I cannot play him the way he was int3nded to be played. The reveal mechanic is ridiculous and make a ridiculously weak m1 killer.

I hope they make his power more like Myers. I seriously have no idea how anyone thinks GF is better then Myers I see people say it quite a bit in tier lists. Myers can stalk WHENEVER HE WANTS and insta down on command, GF can be revealed before getting enough stalk to do it half the time. I hate playing this KILLER because of the reveal mechanic. You feel like the survivors are stalking you and not the other way around half the time.

Comments

  • @DyingWish92 said:

    Thank God they are reworking him. I'm hoping it as to do with his reveal mechanic and his power because he is TRASH.

    I get revealed constantly and everywhere. You are in first-person you can't see survivors half the time when they are revealing you. Unless survivors are completely blind to your presence you get revealed from seemingly everywhere. I can be crouched in corn far from a survivor, revealed. What the hell is that. It's not even enough time to 99 a survivor half the time which is how you are ideally supposed to play him. Then you play survivor and you can be in his face 5 meters from him and you get exposed. It feels so broken on both sides but when I play killer I cannot play him the way he was int3nded to be played. The reveal mechanic is ridiculous and make a ridiculously weak m1 killer.

    I hope they make his power more like Myers. I seriously have no idea how anyone thinks GF is better then Myers I see people say it quite a bit in tier lists. Myers can stalk WHENEVER HE WANTS and insta down on command, GF can be revealed before getting enough stalk to do it half the time. I hate playing this KILLER because of the reveal mechanic. You feel like the survivors are stalking you and not the other way around half the time.

    Git gud, but sometimes awful maps tends to screw with ghostface. Myers is bad what do you mean.

  • @DyingWish92 said:

    Thank God they are reworking him. I'm hoping it as to do with his reveal mechanic and his power because he is TRASH.

    I get revealed constantly and everywhere. You are in first-person you can't see survivors half the time when they are revealing you. Unless survivors are completely blind to your presence you get revealed from seemingly everywhere. I can be crouched in corn far from a survivor, revealed. What the hell is that. It's not even enough time to 99 a survivor half the time which is how you are ideally supposed to play him. Then you play survivor and you can be in his face 5 meters from him and you get exposed. It feels so broken on both sides but when I play killer I cannot play him the way he was int3nded to be played. The reveal mechanic is ridiculous and make a ridiculously weak m1 killer.

    I hope they make his power more like Myers. I seriously have no idea how anyone thinks GF is better then Myers I see people say it quite a bit in tier lists. Myers can stalk WHENEVER HE WANTS and insta down on command, GF can be revealed before getting enough stalk to do it half the time. I hate playing this KILLER because of the reveal mechanic. You feel like the survivors are stalking you and not the other way around half the time.

    You playing the most human killer with trickster of course he is gonna be a crap.

  • They never said anything about a rework. His power is very likely to stay the same just some number changes

  • Ghosty is a hard killer to do well with. Spinechill counters his power hard, and for how easily he can be revealed and how hard it can be to get a good stalk going on survivors before gens pop left and right, its cooldown is far too punishing.

    Also many maps are quite large with plenty of sight lines and he’s essentially an m1 killer dealing with a sea of pallets, DH undoing victories in chase, and CoH giving almost unlimited free heals to the entire team for one perk slot.

    I do much better with Myers.

  • Survivors think Ghostface’s power is super confusing and frustrating, and can’t figure out how his reveal mechanic works, so it’s more likely that BHVR wants to rework him so that it’s much easier for survivors to reveal him, so that he feels “more fair”.

    My guess would be his power would be reworked so that the survivor character models wouldn’t be able to block revealing, because that seems to be the #1 confusion with his power.

  • He's decent against lower level players and/or on indoor maps. He's easy to bully on open maps though.

    Definitely needs a bit of work

  • @DyingWish92 said:

    Thank God they are reworking him. I'm hoping it as to do with his reveal mechanic and his power because he is TRASH.

    I get revealed constantly and everywhere. You are in first-person you can't see survivors half the time when they are revealing you. Unless survivors are completely blind to your presence you get revealed from seemingly everywhere. I can be crouched in corn far from a survivor, revealed. What the hell is that. It's not even enough time to 99 a survivor half the time which is how you are ideally supposed to play him. Then you play survivor and you can be in his face 5 meters from him and you get exposed. It feels so broken on both sides but when I play killer I cannot play him the way he was int3nded to be played. The reveal mechanic is ridiculous and make a ridiculously weak m1 killer.

    I hope they make his power more like Myers. I seriously have no idea how anyone thinks GF is better then Myers I see people say it quite a bit in tier lists. Myers can stalk WHENEVER HE WANTS and insta down on command, GF can be revealed before getting enough stalk to do it half the time. I hate playing this KILLER because of the reveal mechanic. You feel like the survivors are stalking you and not the other way around half the time.

    Ghosty is a tricky killer to play well. You have to know how tiles work and how to approach gens from a position where you can lean, but won't be easily spotted - and if you are, tight enough not to give an easy reveal - stalking to 99% and then repositioning to attack without getting spotted, and chasing someone down to M1 before they lose their mark.

    I've been learning him for the last few weeks and I'd say that he, in his own way, is at least as challenging to play well as Nurse or Blight. He's also really janky at times, looking forward to his rework.

    Perks are essential on him, especially info and passive regression.

    I'm having a decent amount of success with: Discordance + BBQ/Floods of Rage + Pain Resonance + Surge/Corrupt.

    Pray that nobody is running Spinechill, this one dumb perk essentially hard counters him.

    @Plsfix369 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/314981/i-cant-play-ghostface-no-power-except-his-stealth

    Git gud, but sometimes awful maps tends to screw with ghostface. Myers is bad what do you mean.

    Myers isn't the best killer, but he's a lot more 'comfortable' to play than Ghostface. His power is easy to understand and isn't subject to bad luck, jank and map RNG to work properly, and it doesn't have a ridiculous, punishing cooldown on top of the rest.

    Plus, Myers has some nutty addons. Ghostface's are mostly really dull.

    @SMitchell8 said:

    He's decent against lower level players and/or on indoor maps. He's easy to bully on open maps though.

    Definitely needs a bit of work

    I actually prefer him somewhat on open maps, as I can often get in positions to stalk people where they can't really reveal me. 99% them, save power until you are in a chase, then boom - down they go.

    Still though, he's a killer made of 100% pure jank, and badly needs his rework.

    @Coffeecrashing said:

    Survivors think Ghostface’s power is super confusing and frustrating, and can’t figure out how his reveal mechanic works, so it’s more likely that BHVR wants to rework him so that it’s much easier for survivors to reveal him, so that he feels “more fair”.

    My guess would be his power would be reworked so that the survivor character models wouldn’t be able to block revealing, because that seems to be the #1 confusion with his power.

    We'll see. Thus far the reworks/addon passes have been...mostly okay. Billy sucked, Bubba was decent, Plague was amazing, Demo was amazing, Myers was good, Pig's was awful, Wraith's was good (but overnerfed, sigh).