MMR sucks

I honestly love playing a new killer and GETTING DEMOLISHED EVERY SINGLE GAME, for legit 3 games in a row, this game honestly is the worst in terms of balancing, boons everywhere, hexes gone in 2.5 seconds, I'm done trying to do stuff...at this point, I might just load into a match and not move the entire game, geez

Comments

  • @Kira15233 said:

    I honestly love playing a new killer and GETTING DEMOLISHED EVERY SINGLE GAME, for legit 3 games in a row, this game honestly is the worst in terms of balancing, boons everywhere, hexes gone in 2.5 seconds, I'm done trying to do stuff...at this point, I might just load into a match and not move the entire game, geez

    This isn't really a matter of MMR sucking - and more the fact that the SBMM system has some truly bizarre design decisions.

    From what we know, a 'new' killer (which is defined as any killer you haven't played for 3 weeks or more) is assigned an MMR pegged just under your highest MMR killer. This is somewhat borne out in my experience.

    Why? Now that's an interesting question.

    What I'll do on a 'new' killer is just go into my first few games expecting to have a tough time and just focusing on getting the fundamental of that killer down.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/314978/mmr-sucks

    This isn't really a matter of MMR sucking - and more the fact that the SBMM system has some truly bizarre design decisions.

    From what we know, a 'new' killer (which is defined as any killer you haven't played for 3 weeks or more) is assigned an MMR pegged just under your highest MMR killer. This is somewhat borne out in my experience.

    Why? Now that's an interesting question.

    What I'll do on a 'new' killer is just go into my first few games expecting to have a tough time and just focusing on getting the fundamental of that killer down.

    New killer for me was Hag, 3 first games and I rushed harder than I imagined

  • I lost 37 games in a row as Nurse.

    The MMR is pretty bad.

  • @Pulsar said:

    I lost 37 games in a row as Nurse.

    The MMR is pretty bad.

    How, at 20 lose in a row mark you should match against someone who don't know what the sprint is.

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2858733#Comment_2858733

    How, at 20 lose in a row mark you should match against someone who don't know what the sprint is.

    I thought so too.

    Didn't really work out that way, I would've much rather played against bots

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2858738#Comment_2858738

    I thought so too.

    Didn't really work out that way, I would've much rather played against bots

    Weird, have you secured a kill or two every match, or let four players escape? I heard sometime 1k can raise your MMR.

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2858741#Comment_2858741

    Weird, have you secured a kill or two every match, or let four players escape? I heard sometime 1k can raise your MMR.

    It's been a while now.

    I don't really remember. I'm pretty sure I didn't kill anyone at all, but I could be wrong. I was trying my best but Nurse on Xbox One is actual hell.

  • This content has been removed.
  • Gotta say pretty awful was hoping for something like rainbow six siege mmr with some added bibs and bobs but alas it was not

  • @Bombie said:

    why does an unbalanced party game like dbd have MMR in the first place lol

    clearly no one likes it or wanted it in the first place

    plenty of people wanted it. hell, i'd even say a majority of people wanted it

    unfortunately, they all assumed that it couldn't possibly be worse than the old matchmaker with rainbow ranks.



    it was.

  • @Bombie said:

    why does an unbalanced party game like dbd have MMR in the first place lol

    clearly no one likes it or wanted it in the first place

    Just to separate anyone who can't play DbD as party game, to people who can actually play it for fun.

    It's working.

  • MMR is probably the best thing to happen to this game. Look at all these balance issues that people are talking about that they weren't before. Even though some people still try to defend the game's problems by saying, "It doesn't happen that often, so it's fine!" which doesn't work anymore since matchmaking isn't completely random anymore.