900 employees, still slow ass updates

With the recent reports BHVR now has 900 employees to help with dead by daylight, yet we still have bugged updates and can't have old ######### updated for some reason, with 900 you'd expect to see AT LEAST 1 killer change every midchapter right???


Why are you this ######### slow BHVR? what's your excuse? and don't use covid, it's outdated af at this point since you all got used to work from home

Comments

  • they did balance patch for killers in the last midchapter update and the latest update have been bugfixes because they're not midchapter updates, the last killer has been out for 10 days.

  • Yes they have 900 employees, but guess what there is something called different positions.

    Join the Behaviour team and make the games you'd want to play. Discover our perks and benefits. Get tips from our recruiters. Search open positions.


  • Right, this argument is used a lot, and it's horrifically misinformed.

    BHVR as a company, using your figure, has 900 employees total. Do you genuinely expect that all 900 work on Dead By Daylight, and Dead By Daylight alone?? Absolutely not.

    They have security. They have janitors. They have maintanance, culinary staff on-site to provide the team with fresh hot food each day, general IT staff, etc. That alone slashes that 900 figure down by quite a bit (I will arbitrarily say that it cuts out a third, I don't actually know the exact amount).

    Then, we get to the sections that work on the games. Games, plural, because BHVR does not work exclusively on Dead By Daylight. Around half or more of the remaining staff (around 600) are outsourced to other companies and studios will collaborate together. For the sake of argument, I'll take the generous figure of half. That leaves us with 300.

    Of those 300 employees, we have a skeleton crew that works on-call weekends to ensure the technical aspects of the game (ie servers) remain functional. We then need to split these up even further, into people that work on new content, and people that work on existing content (with the new content team being much larger). The Realm Beyond initiative had it's own separate team. The balance department decides on both new and old content, and works with the design team, who do the game. Concept artists, 3D modellers, graphic designers, level designed, people that work on the backend, customer support- I think I've made my point.

    It absolutely is not 900 employees that work on DBD. It's probably a lot closer to 300, and the groups of people that work on new content are even less. Not to mention adding in more could potentially worsen x-efficiency and make the marginal cost a lot higher than you'd gain productively.

  • As soon as my FMLA is over and I can plan to finish college (2 years for Game Design Degree), I'll apply and hopefully get to be one of the lucky ones to increase that number. Or not...

    But 900 employees isn't actually a lot for a game like this and complaining about it isn't going to make things move any faster. Yeah, it's frustrating how this game has bugs and glitches, but it's far better than games like Battlefield 2042, Star Trek Online, and every other game I quit playing because the games were just... Unplayable.

    So, until then they get more staff, we can just try to be helpful in sharing ideas and just hope they listen to us. If they choose not too, I still hope they listen. The last few updates along with Onryo are giving me hopes. Let's try to stay positive. I know I'm guilty of not being positive, PTSD and major depression will do that to you during times like these. But I'm just tired of seeing all the negativity here. We can be critical without being downright rude in the process. I hope things, whatever they are, get better for you.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Right, this argument is used a lot, and it's horrifically misinformed.

    BHVR as a company, using your figure, has 900 employees total. Do you genuinely expect that all 900 work on Dead By Daylight, and Dead By Daylight alone?? Absolutely not.

    They have security. They have janitors. They have maintanance, culinary staff on-site to provide the team with fresh hot food each day, general IT staff, etc. That alone slashes that 900 figure down by quite a bit (I will arbitrarily say that it cuts out a third, I don't actually know the exact amount).

    Then, we get to the sections that work on the games. Games, plural, because BHVR does not work exclusively on Dead By Daylight. Around half or more of the remaining staff (around 600) are outsourced to other companies and studios will collaborate together. For the sake of argument, I'll take the generous figure of half. That leaves us with 300.

    Of those 300 employees, we have a skeleton crew that works on-call weekends to ensure the technical aspects of the game (ie servers) remain functional. We then need to split these up even further, into people that work on new content, and people that work on existing content (with the new content team being much larger). The Realm Beyond initiative had it's own separate team. The balance department decides on both new and old content, and works with the design team, who do the game. Concept artists, 3D modellers, graphic designers, level designed, people that work on the backend, customer support- I think I've made my point.

    It absolutely is not 900 employees that work on DBD. It's probably a lot closer to 300, and the groups of people that work on new content are even less. Not to mention adding in more could potentially worsen x-efficiency and make the marginal cost a lot higher than you'd gain productively.

    I think it was last years anniversary stream they even said BHVR has 900 employees and the team for DBD is 300.

  • Just calling BHVR to see if they'll put their accountant Steve on their art team, as well as Mark, their office cleaner on the balance team.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2856724#Comment_2856724

    I think it was last years anniversary stream they even said BHVR has 900 employees and the team for DBD is 300.

    But still, this does not mean that 300 of those people actually work ON the game and especially on the part to bring Updates.

    You will have people who work for DBD who never touched it (lawyers for example).

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2856724#Comment_2856724

    I think it was last years anniversary stream they even said BHVR has 900 employees and the team for DBD is 300.

    bro im so good at guessing

  • It was already in your head from typing up the stream recap last year. ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2856740#Comment_2856740

    It was already in your head from typing up the stream recap last year. ๐Ÿ˜‚

    naturally its just intrinsic knowledge now

  • I mean, even as the person who posted the article that has been discussed but also backed up by past dbd official articles, I gotta say man, it's hard to think all 900 work on the game. Like others have said it's probably around 300 or so and the rest work in other sections, you also gotta consider this probably takes into account as a whole, not just the dead by daylight team.