Whenever I play Spirit...

... there are always Survivors who have Iron Will. I don't see that perk much outside of whenever I play as Spirit (and I don't play her super offten). How do you deal with Iron Will players? Makes much less fun to VS them.

Note: I usualy play base kit (no addons).

Comments

  • You don't deal with it, it's a hard counter the devs don't care about balancing. Just predict.

  • Just randomly guess where they are, or don't use your ability. Both are bad options., I know. The devs have lost their passion for Spirit.

  • Spirit use to be a blind killer that had both survivors and killer guess and play mind-games.

    Now survivors don't have to guess anymore.

    Draw your conclusions.

  • SpIrIt iS ToO WeAk BuFf SpIrIt DeVs I CaN’t 4K

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Use dried cherry blossom. I know you said you usually play base kit... but add-ons are there to help you so i don't know why you wouldn't use them.

    I usualy want to keep them until I have lot of them... I recently P3 her so I don't have that many good addons of these :/

  • @NAERUUU said:

    SpIrIt iS ToO WeAk BuFf SpIrIt DeVs I CaN’t 4K

    What…? Iron will literally Hard counters iron will with fathers glasses on. I take it you never play spirit?

  • @Tr1nity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2855918#Comment_2855918

    What…? Iron will literally Hard counters iron will with fathers glasses on. I take it you never play spirit?

    What part of that post made you think it warranted any attention? Was there some sound argument or astute observation I've missed?

  • On a tangent I don’t get playing with literally no add-ons, brown and yellow add-ons are super easy to get and the game is kind of balanced around you using a full load out so you may as well use the common ones at least for a bit of a boost. Just my opinion. 🤷‍♂️

    Anyway that aside, a couple of things you can try that might help a little

    • Against someone who is hard to hear just phase close to where you think they went and pop back out. You probably won’t be right next to them but using the speed to close distance enough to resume the chase is still handy.
    • Try and listen for footsteps, they’re harder to hear but still should make those even with Iron Will.
    • Interestingly Predator can work ok on Spirit since she still sees scratches while phased. Predator 3 is like a bright red path straight to the survivor who’s running away. Even if they stop and crouch away mid run if you follow the path and phase out they won’t have gotten very far from the end of the trail.
  • Against a player that knows how to use Iron Will? Purely guessing.

    But general players tend to run like horses, you can hear them by their running footsteps.

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2856063#Comment_2856063

    What part of that post made you think it warranted any attention? Was there some sound argument or astute observation I've missed?

    Ha! Definitely a good point.

  • Most players with Iron Will stop and slowly double back. You don't want to go for super long phases against Iron Will players. Start your phase when you can see them, keep your eyes peeled for any environmental cues, listen for footsteps, and come out of your phase just short of where the scratches end if you don't hear anything. It will usually put you close to them.

  • You need to play against Iron Will users differently. You will need to identify if they have it and then limit yourself to the short burst play style.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    Use dried cherry blossom. I know you said you usually play base kit... but add-ons are there to help you so i don't know why you wouldn't use them.

    I have to disagree. DCB is an add on that teaches players bad habits and once you get too reliant on the killer instinct, you literally can’t play without it. Just stay away from the add on if you wanna get better with her.

    @NAERUUU said:

    SpIrIt iS ToO WeAk BuFf SpIrIt DeVs I CaN’t 4K

    I really hate comments like this. That’s not what the OP was referring to at all.

  • @GannTM said:

    You need to play against Iron Will users differently. You will need to identify if they have it and then limit yourself to the short burst play style.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2856030#Comment_2856030

    I have to disagree. DCB is an add on that teaches players bad habits and once you get too reliant on the killer instinct, you literally can’t play without it. Just stay away from the add on if you wanna get better with her.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2855918#Comment_2855918

    I really hate comments like this. That’s not what the OP was referring to at all.

    But we gotta make it us vs them, obviously, lol


    • do not phase long because this gives them time to mindgame you, use short bursts
    • listen for footsteps and watch for grass, slow vaults also make noises
    • they know you can see their scratchmarks, so they will start to walk at some point
    • it's a ######### hard counter -.- since stridor nerf there is not much you can against someone who is really good with it. You just have to 110% chase em
  • @Tr1nity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2855918#Comment_2855918

    What…? Iron will literally Hard counters iron will with fathers glasses on. I take it you never play spirit?

    Spirit main for a long Time, 1300hrs.

    I know sound was broken for spirit but whatever, Iron Will op, spirit too weak now :( :( :(

  • @GannTM said:

    You need to play against Iron Will users differently. You will need to identify if they have it and then limit yourself to the short burst play style.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2856030#Comment_2856030

    I have to disagree. DCB is an add on that teaches players bad habits and once you get too reliant on the killer instinct, you literally can’t play without it. Just stay away from the add on if you wanna get better with her.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2855918#Comment_2855918

    I really hate comments like this. That’s not what the OP was referring to at all.

    Sad ;)