Nemesis Changes

I have been playing him since release. I don't think he needs a buff, his playstyle atm is relatively ok, once you get used to the gameplay loop. However, these are changes I would like to see purely because.. it's Nemesis. He is missing some key parts of his character.

New Ability - Charge;

Let out a roar and begin sprinting.

  • - Roar can be used to call Zombies to location. Roar lasts 2 seconds before charging.
  • - Cannot attack during sprint.
  • - Breaks Undetectable.
  • - Colliding with Breakable Walls and Pallets won't break them.

Tier I - No Changes

Tier II - Increase Tentacle Strike range by +1 metre.

Tier III - Increase Tentacle Strike Range by +2 metres (Total 8m range). Charge movement speed increased from 150% (6m/s) to 175% (7m/s).

Comments

  • wait so you just sprint, no attacks or breaking anything?

  • @CrimsonMothKing said:

    I have been playing him since release. I don't think he needs a buff, his playstyle atm is relatively ok, once you get used to the gameplay loop. However, these are changes I would like to see purely because.. it's Nemesis. He is missing some key parts of his character.

    New Ability - Charge;

    Let out a roar and begin sprinting.

    • - Roar can be used to call Zombies to location. Roar lasts 2 seconds before charging.
    • - Cannot attack during sprint.
    • - Breaks Undetectable.
    • - Colliding with Breakable Walls and Pallets won't break them.

    Tier I - No Changes

    Tier II - Increase Tentacle Strike range by +1 metre.

    Tier III - Increase Tentacle Strike Range by +2 metres (Total 8m range). Charge movement speed increased from 150% (6m/s) to 175% (7m/s).

    Eh.

    Nemmy is mostly fine. He just needs 2 changes.

    • Some maps (Swamp is the biggie) have inconsistent rules on 'can I hit over this?' objects. This needs to be fixed.
    • Zombies getting stuck against things and freaking out. Zombies should reset if they get stuck without me having to go over and kill them.
  • Give nemesis can transform and instant down like oni.

    images.jpeg


  • I don't think he needs anything extra to his power except maybe have more zombies( if the games engine can handle it) wouldn't say no to him having an add-on pass though

  • @Rooftopper said:

    wait so you just sprint, no attacks or breaking anything?

    Nope, just want to him to run, just like every other game he is in. If he could break stuff, he would end up being the best chase killer because his main ability would break stuff at tier 2 and his mobility would break stuff. In a 1v1 that would make him stronger than he already is.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/314616/nemesis-changes

    Eh.

    Nemmy is mostly fine. He just needs 2 changes.

    • Some maps (Swamp is the biggie) have inconsistent rules on 'can I hit over this?' objects. This needs to be fixed.
    • Zombies getting stuck against things and freaking out. Zombies should reset if they get stuck without me having to go over and kill them.

    His zombies are the reason his power is so gimped to begin with.

  • @Cameragosha said:

    Give nemesis can transform and instant down like oni.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/0IAVEHYH3E8D/images.jpeg

    Would be cool, I just want him to be fast.

    @Entity_Lich94 said:

    I don't think he needs anything extra to his power except maybe have more zombies( if the games engine can handle it) wouldn't say no to him having an add-on pass though

    His addons are meh and I don't see any way they could change them to make them better.

  • @CrimsonMothKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2854478#Comment_2854478

    Nope, just want to him to run, just like every other game he is in. If he could break stuff, he would end up being the best chase killer because his main ability would break stuff at tier 2 and his mobility would break stuff. In a 1v1 that would make him stronger than he already is.

    He's already running in his movement animation.

    Equip fire up or PWYF if you feel a need for extra mobility (like i do with Plauge for an example).

  • @CrimsonMothKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2854478#Comment_2854478

    Nope, just want to him to run, just like every other game he is in. If he could break stuff, he would end up being the best chase killer because his main ability would break stuff at tier 2 and his mobility would break stuff. In a 1v1 that would make him stronger than he already is.

    He runs in this game.

  • @CrimsonMothKing said:

    I have been playing him since release. I don't think he needs a buff, his playstyle atm is relatively ok, once you get used to the gameplay loop. However, these are changes I would like to see purely because.. it's Nemesis. He is missing some key parts of his character.

    New Ability - Charge;

    Let out a roar and begin sprinting.

    • - Roar can be used to call Zombies to location. Roar lasts 2 seconds before charging.
    • - Cannot attack during sprint.
    • - Breaks Undetectable.
    • - Colliding with Breakable Walls and Pallets won't break them.

    Tier I - No Changes

    Tier II - Increase Tentacle Strike range by +1 metre.

    Tier III - Increase Tentacle Strike Range by +2 metres (Total 8m range). Charge movement speed increased from 150% (6m/s) to 175% (7m/s).

    I don't get the point of the charge attack if it doesn't do damage or even break pallets and walls? Is it infinite duration?

    To me, the two primary changes needed are:

    1. Zombies can be killed by Nemesis remotely. Too many issues with stuck zombies, or them meandering in dead zones.
    2. Infecting a survivor does not provide a speed boost. It's the only instance in the game where the killer gives a speed boost without damaging the survivor, except Clown's Antidote (which also boosts his speed).