CoH recommended changes and sadako buff

Sadako gets destroyed if you dont get a chase early, so the plus gen hurts her more than other killers. Everytime that happened i just accepted i lost the game. ( it happens the most in coldwind, sadako is short asf the corn blindness hurts).

*Plus gen (1+) is when the killer lose a gen on the start of the trial just walking across the map, or because survivors were hiding and you lose a gen searching.

Suggested changes: Tvs that you teleport and doesnt stack condemnation to survivors shouldnt turn off.

CoH: Circle of Healing is a game changer because it can deny a playstyle fully, like Hag hit and run, Wraith (at least his power works in chase), Legion, Sadako and many more. Self Healing infinite times remove the pressure that the survivors would take 100% when all of them are alive, making killers commit to chases that ends in all gens done.

Circle of Healing suggested change: CoH cannot be relit in the same totem as before.

This would make 3 major things happen in the trial.

1- Make the survivors learn other totem spawns, to light the boon and take more time searching for it.

2-Reduce the quantity of boons in a match from infinite to 5 per survivor.

3-Hit killers would be viable once more, and other healing perks usefull.

Comments

  • @PatchNoir said:

    Sadako gets destroyed if you dont get a chase early, so the plus gen hurts her more than other killers. Everytime that happened i just accepted i lost the game. ( it happens the most in coldwind, sadako is short asf the corn blindness hurts).

    *Plus gen (1+) is when the killer lose a gen on the start of the trial just walking across the map, or because survivors were hiding and you lose a gen searching.

    Suggested changes: Tvs that you teleport and doesnt stack condemnation to survivors shouldnt turn off.

    CoH: Circle of Healing is a game changer because it can deny a playstyle fully, like Hag hit and run, Wraith (at least his power works in chase), Legion, Sadako and many more. Self Healing infinite times remove the pressure that the survivors would take 100% when all of them are alive, making killers commit to chases that ends in all gens done.

    Circle of Healing suggested change: CoH cannot be relit in the same totem as before.

    This would make 3 major things happen in the trial.

    1- Make the survivors learn other totem spawns, to light the boon and take more time searching for it.

    2-Reduce the quantity of boons in a match from infinite to 5 per survivor.

    3-Hit killers would be viable once more, and other healing perks usefull.

    She could use some small touches here or there but the Tv's not turning off if no survivors were near is now a built in tracking unit and COULD make her over the top. Honestly I think the safest change that I hope would put her to A-tier (On everyone's list) would be a SMALL speed boost when manifesting. Small enough so they don't mess with her movement speed while manifesting/demanifesting but significant enough help a bit on strong tiles (Which is the biggest complaint about her the chase).

  • Remove or disable CoH.

    Picsart_22-03-15_00-56-56-759.png


  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/314302/coh-recommended-changes-and-sadako-buff

    She could use some small touches here or there but the Tv's not turning off if no survivors were near is now a built in tracking unit and COULD make her over the top. Honestly I think the safest change that I hope would put her to A-tier (On everyone's list) would be a SMALL speed boost when manifesting. Small enough so they don't mess with her movement speed while manifesting/demanifesting but significant enough help a bit on strong tiles (Which is the biggest complaint about her the chase).

    I actually like the idea. It would be a built in tracking, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. We could call Artists birds built in tracking too as you can easily find out which gens are being worked on, and they force the survivors to make a choice and either tank a hit or leave the gen

    Sadako knowing there's no one around (in just like 16meters range?) doesn't seem over the top imho and survivors have the choice of turning of the tv by themselves too if they want to

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/314302/coh-recommended-changes-and-sadako-buff

    She could use some small touches here or there but the Tv's not turning off if no survivors were near is now a built in tracking unit and COULD make her over the top. Honestly I think the safest change that I hope would put her to A-tier (On everyone's list) would be a SMALL speed boost when manifesting. Small enough so they don't mess with her movement speed while manifesting/demanifesting but significant enough help a bit on strong tiles (Which is the biggest complaint about her the chase).

    maybe you are right, but you can do that already if the survivors has no condemnation stack and you teleport. And you are right once again, the manifestation thing is not polished enough, like you cant charge demanifest a little and then hit (for mindgames) or charge and then jump window. Even when you manifest it takes some seconds to be able to hit. It would not be a major buff but would be better, PH can fake his power easily and he is good at chases, she cant .-.

  • i would not miss it, here a lot of survivors dont use because the know its unfair. Its like the easy game button

  • @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2850788#Comment_2850788

    I actually like the idea. It would be a built in tracking, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. We could call Artists birds built in tracking too as you can easily find out which gens are being worked on, and they force the survivors to make a choice and either tank a hit or leave the gen

    Sadako knowing there's no one around (in just like 16meters range?) doesn't seem over the top imho and survivors have the choice of turning of the tv by themselves too if they want to

    well if she cant chase at least the tracking part should be good, map pressure is not mobility, is getting people out of position and giving them activities. The artist i feel the same as you, when i am playing killers the crows i can use for tracking if i see them flying i never HEARD them going off (exceptions from swamp maps, the crows on the main building are clearly audible)

  • @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2850788#Comment_2850788

    I actually like the idea. It would be a built in tracking, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. We could call Artists birds built in tracking too as you can easily find out which gens are being worked on, and they force the survivors to make a choice and either tank a hit or leave the gen

    Sadako knowing there's no one around (in just like 16meters range?) doesn't seem over the top imho and survivors have the choice of turning of the tv by themselves too if they want to

    What does Artist have to do with Sadako? The bio of Artist says "reconnaissance killer" which is a fancy word for tracking so makes sense. Giving Sadako a mini whispers does not help her IMO like something else would.

    @PatchNoir said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2850788#Comment_2850788

    maybe you are right, but you can do that already if the survivors has no condemnation stack and you teleport. And you are right once again, the manifestation thing is not polished enough, like you cant charge demanifest a little and then hit (for mindgames) or charge and then jump window. Even when you manifest it takes some seconds to be able to hit. It would not be a major buff but would be better, PH can fake his power easily and he is good at chases, she cant .-.

    Sadako is not weak....She also is not Sprit, Artist, Nurse, etc level which is fine. The issue I see with her is to much help in multiple areas could push her into the oppressive level. I just think the safe bets are touching up the condemnation not making mori's happen more just increasing the level of slowdown, or something very small to help with chase. I am fine with both honestly.

  • This could help her too....Along with the rest of the roster.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2850792#Comment_2850792

    What does Artist have to do with Sadako? The bio of Artist says "reconnaissance killer" which is a fancy word for tracking so makes sense. Giving Sadako a mini whispers does not help her IMO like something else would.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2850793#Comment_2850793

    Sadako is not weak....She also is not Sprit, Artist, Nurse, etc level which is fine. The issue I see with her is to much help in multiple areas could push her into the oppressive level. I just think the safe bets are touching up the condemnation not making mori's happen more just increasing the level of slowdown, or something very small to help with chase. I am fine with both honestly.

    i think some tv placements should not be put in the hands of rng, sometimes they are all stacked in one side of the map or facing walls.

  • @PatchNoir said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2850804#Comment_2850804

    i think some tv placements should not be put in the hands of rng, sometimes they are all stacked in one side of the map or facing walls.

    Yeah it can be rough sometimes. teleport to pressure a gen only to find out the gens is in another room (Midwich game last night lol). The speed boost gets wasted more often than not just trying to figure out where you at.

  • Sadako need buff about movement speed.

  • @PatchNoir said:

    Sadako gets destroyed if you dont get a chase early, so the plus gen hurts her more than other killers. Everytime that happened i just accepted i lost the game. ( it happens the most in coldwind, sadako is short asf the corn blindness hurts).

    *Plus gen (1+) is when the killer lose a gen on the start of the trial just walking across the map, or because survivors were hiding and you lose a gen searching.

    Suggested changes: Tvs that you teleport and doesnt stack condemnation to survivors shouldnt turn off.

    CoH: Circle of Healing is a game changer because it can deny a playstyle fully, like Hag hit and run, Wraith (at least his power works in chase), Legion, Sadako and many more. Self Healing infinite times remove the pressure that the survivors would take 100% when all of them are alive, making killers commit to chases that ends in all gens done.

    Circle of Healing suggested change: CoH cannot be relit in the same totem as before.

    This would make 3 major things happen in the trial.

    1- Make the survivors learn other totem spawns, to light the boon and take more time searching for it.

    2-Reduce the quantity of boons in a match from infinite to 5 per survivor.

    3-Hit killers would be viable once more, and other healing perks usefull.

    Agreed, if killers can’t use the same scourage hook twice

  • Does COH need a heal speed decrease... a range nerf

    As far as Boons go... the replaceability does need to be looked at

    But I don't know about Sadako... I haven't played her yet

  • Killer main here. Circle of Healing is fine.

  • we only use totems once and there is 4 people to destroy it, the killer is 1 person and needs to snuff infinite numbers of boons

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    Does COH need a heal speed decrease... a range nerf

    As far as Boons go... the replaceability does need to be looked at

    But I don't know about Sadako... I haven't played her yet

    they are hard to find a good spot, because of map design, self healing is the strongest thing a surv can have because it can buy time on gens, prevent snowballing, etc

  • One idea I'd had for Circle of Healing was rather than speed up healing directly, it could increase the power of successful skill checks.

    As a rough example, a Tier 3 Circle of Healing would heal at normal speed, but a successful skill check would be equal to something like a 3-stack Autodidact.

    I'm not sure if that would help or not but on paper, at least, it sounds less oppressive than straight up speed-healing while still seeming worth the effort to set up.

  • @PatchNoir said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2851417#Comment_2851417

    they are hard to find a good spot, because of map design, self healing is the strongest thing a surv can have because it can buy time on gens, prevent snowballing, etc

    I do agree that Maps do need to looked at even more now

    But then again... Decreasing Heal speed and Range of COH would be the best bet as of right now... Oh and before I forget Make Boons only work on the floor that they are put on (not extend it to other floors as well)

    And maybe putting a cooldown on Boons once they are snuffed should be a thing that can happen

    I know that those aren't new ideas but those are the only ones that I can of until Maps are looked at (also Map changes take a long time... so in the meantime making those changes seem easy compared to waiting for Maps to be updated

  • @Zeidoktor said:

    One idea I'd had for Circle of Healing was rather than speed up healing directly, it could increase the power of successful skill checks.

    As a rough example, a Tier 3 Circle of Healing would heal at normal speed, but a successful skill check would be equal to something like a 3-stack Autodidact.

    I'm not sure if that would help or not but on paper, at least, it sounds less oppressive than straight up speed-healing while still seeming worth the effort to set up.

    I do like that idea... But why take Perks that already exists and make them Boons (I think that's lazy)

    Again I like your idea

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2853095#Comment_2853095

    I do like that idea... But why take Perks that already exists and make them Boons (I think that's lazy)

    Again I like your idea

    That's part of why I use a 3-stack Autodidact as the example, rather than a 4 or 5. It's not as powerful as Autodidact the same way Dark Theory isn't as powerful as Hope, or Exponential more situational than Unbreakable.

    Existing Boons are already existing perks in Totem form to the point I expect the next one to be a Vigil Boon.

    Side note: but I think the issue with reducing the range or reapplicability of Circle of Healing in particular is that it conflicts with the normal operation of other Boons, and the impression I've generally gotten is the issue isn't Boons in general so much as Circle of Healing in particular.

    I honestly think the Boon issue wouldn't be nearly as big a problem if they hadn't made Circle of Healing one of the first released. It's overshadowed the others and tainted opinion on them by association.

  • @Zeidoktor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2853115#Comment_2853115

    That's part of why I use a 3-stack Autodidact as the example, rather than a 4 or 5. It's not as powerful as Autodidact the same way Dark Theory isn't as powerful as Hope, or Exponential more situational than Unbreakable.

    Existing Boons are already existing perks in Totem form to the point I expect the next one to be a Vigil Boon.

    Side note: but I think the issue with reducing the range or reapplicability of Circle of Healing in particular is that it conflicts with the normal operation of other Boons, and the impression I've generally gotten is the issue isn't Boons in general so much as Circle of Healing in particular.

    I honestly think the Boon issue wouldn't be nearly as big a problem if they hadn't made Circle of Healing one of the first released. It's overshadowed the others and tainted opinion on them by association.

    Yea I also have a feeling that Vigil Boon is going to come soon

    Plus I also think that Autodidact's mechanic can work on Gens... Think about it If I start working on a Gen I would have no idea how it works so the Skillchecks should be harder at first but once I get a feel for how everything works then Skillchecks can grant a Great section (but maybe do less bonus)

    The idea of Boons was a good one but they didn't think (clearly) as to the Range of them should be

    Also COH has it's own reason to be a perk... But thinking of all Boons being the same is wrong (in a way)

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2853127#Comment_2853127

    Yea I also have a feeling that Vigil Boon is going to come soon

    Plus I also think that Autodidact's mechanic can work on Gens... Think about it If I start working on a Gen I would have no idea how it works so the Skillchecks should be harder at first but once I get a feel for how everything works then Skillchecks can grant a Great section (but maybe do less bonus)

    The idea of Boons was a good one but they didn't think (clearly) as to the Range of them should be

    Also COH has it's own reason to be a perk... But thinking of all Boons being the same is wrong (in a way)

    I disagree. Every single Boon so far operates over the same rules. Boon the Totem and any and all Boons you have equipped are active within the Boon's area of effect. Making an exception where Boon X has less range than Boons W, Y, and Z needlessly complicates things, in my opinion.

  • @Zeidoktor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2853154#Comment_2853154

    I disagree. Every single Boon so far operates over the same rules. Boon the Totem and any and all Boons you have equipped are active within the Boon's area of effect. Making an exception where Boon X has less range than Boons W, Y, and Z needlessly complicates things, in my opinion.

    But if COH is used by itself then there would be no issue... Cause that's what happens (more often then not)

    And yea maybe coding the change would be hard but it isn't impossible... Just look at the icons in the lower right... if you are in range then you get the benefit

    Fine then reduce them all... But seriously nerfing the heal speed is all they can do at this point

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2853165#Comment_2853165

    But if COH is used by itself then there would be no issue... Cause that's what happens (more often then not)

    And yea maybe coding the change would be hard but it isn't impossible... Just look at the icons in the lower right... if you are in range then you get the benefit

    Fine then reduce them all... But seriously nerfing the heal speed is all they can do at this point

    The question isn't whether the coding can be done. To me the issue is whether it's worth the trouble. If the perk's effects can be salvage somehow, then it's better to keep it working like the other Boons. That or lower the range of all Boons.

  • @Zeidoktor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2853183#Comment_2853183

    The question isn't whether the coding can be done. To me the issue is whether it's worth the trouble. If the perk's effects can be salvage somehow, then it's better to keep it working like the other Boons. That or lower the range of all Boons.

    That's true... It might be worth it (to keep players playing the game)

    But I can't say for certain

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2853242#Comment_2853242

    That's true... It might be worth it (to keep players playing the game)

    But I can't say for certain

    The vigil boon is probably the next on the list, there arent a lot of boon ideas to come up anymore, the only thing doable Right now, are grunts of pain, gen speed, or status effects. The way this game is going i fear a boon that will let people recover exaustion while sprinting

  • @PatchNoir said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2853269#Comment_2853269

    The vigil boon is probably the next on the list, there arent a lot of boon ideas to come up anymore, the only thing doable Right now, are grunts of pain, gen speed, or status effects. The way this game is going i fear a boon that will let people recover exaustion while sprinting

    I agree that Vigil Boon will be a thing

    And I do fear anything else at this point