Why is it so tedious to report people?

It wouldnt happen to be to discourage people from reporting would it? Protect the bad seeds since they buy your product too am i right? Half joking but I am wondering if anyone has any insight on this

Comments

  • It's so cumbersome on console that I've never even bothered. I just go AFK when I find a cheater

  • Probably because people will report for any old reason cause they are mad. People actually think things like facecamping and blocking a hit with Borrowed Time are reportable and they are not.

  • I don't think it's because BHVR want to protect the cheaters.

    If anything using your logic, they'd want them banned constantly so they keep having to pay, and an easy report system would help with that.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    I don't think it's because BHVR want to protect the cheaters.

    If anything using your logic, they'd want them banned constantly so they keep having to pay, and an easy report system would help with that.

    lets hope they think that way too

  • Because the amount of abuse after games or the amount of people i see rage d/c makes me think reporting people is useless.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    Probably because people will report for any old reason cause they are mad. People actually think things like facecamping and blocking a hit with Borrowed Time are reportable and they are not.

    This. Exactly this. I saw a video two days ago of two twitch streamers going against each other, and the survivor was raging because the killer was slugging him. When you saw the killers stream, she did it because she felt bad he was on death hook and wanted to give him more chances at playing. He said he was going to report her, and he did via the in game menu. It was so stupid and cringe.

  • @KerJuice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2842748#Comment_2842748

    This. Exactly this. I saw a video two days ago of two twitch streamers going against each other, and the survivor was raging because the killer was slugging him. When you saw the killers stream, she did it because she felt bad he was on death hook and wanted to give him more chances at playing. He said he was going to report her, and he did via the in game menu. It was so stupid and cringe.

    I found it. @ArchAbhor watch this video in its entirety. This is EXACTLY the reason why reporting is so tedious:

    https://youtu.be/bKc9guK2WyY


  • @KerJuice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2842748#Comment_2842748

    This. Exactly this. I saw a video two days ago of two twitch streamers going against each other, and the survivor was raging because the killer was slugging him. When you saw the killers stream, she did it because she felt bad he was on death hook and wanted to give him more chances at playing. He said he was going to report her, and he did via the in game menu. It was so stupid and cringe.

    Yeah some people can't handle a loss even if the opposite team is being nice to them.

    Saw a vid of twitch/youtuber who showed clips from another streamer.

    That guy made a report about everything.

    Bodyblocking with bt

    Survivor wiggles off his shoulder

    Survivor using dead hard

    People using a controller

    Killer slugs

    Killer camps

    Killer tunnels

    Hitting a survivor on hook

    And a load more.

    Makes you wonder why they would still playing the game, if they think these are all bannable offences ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    I don't think it's because BHVR want to protect the cheaters.

    If anything using your logic, they'd want them banned constantly so they keep having to pay, and an easy report system would help with that.

    Epic games promotion says hello

  • Considering all the confused people that don't actually understand the rules or false reports because "well I don't care because X SHOULD be bannable!" it's probably to raise the barrier and make it less likely the rage reports people make actually get reviewed, as they're a waste of time. Someone who's just mad might report the killer for this or the survivor(s) for that, but they're less likely to actually file a proper report with evidence (that might not even exist in the first place!) in the "heat of the moment".

    Obviously I want the report system to be burnt to the ground and built up from the ashes so that's not the case. Just make rampant false reporting in itself a temp-bannable offense for wasting the reviewers time and make the rules far more explicit so we don't get the classic "But the "griefing" report reason mentions bodyblocking so I'm right when I report survivors for taking hits for eachother!" anymore.