Perk Tiers
I saw somewhere that someone said that the devs don't like the idea of removing perk tiers cause it doesn't solve the grind since new perks are added every 3 months. I have no proof nor am I attempting to bad-mouth the devs as I can't seem to find this statement anywhere.
So I am curious, was this something said? And if so could someone please explain how removing 2/3rds of the grind isn't removing it? Right now there are 104 survivor perks and 93 killer perks. So a total of 312 survivor perks and 279 perks.
If you remove perk tiers that remove 2/3rds of the grind. Yeah, you'll eventually work your way all the way back up to 312 perks for the survivor, but at 3 perks every 3 months, that's 12 perks a year... or 60 perks over the next 5 years just for survivor... bringing the total to 164 perks added to the game over the next 5 years... that's what about 50% less grind over the next 5 years? It'd be 10-15 years before you're at the current level of grind?
This is basically my two cents on perk grind and if that statement is true... if It is not, I ask you, why not remove perk tiers?
Comments
This is just my opinion. The devs dont want to remove perk tiers because they want people to play the game for as long as possible. The sooner you unlock everything, the faster you get bored and "play something else".
They don’t want to fix the grind
I am honestly more curious if the devs said something along these lines? Cause I can't find it, so I am just curious as to if that's a stance they actually made and if so, how they think it is true.
Yes- during the last QnA, the idea of removing perk tiers was brought up and the response was that they aren't currently planning it for two reasons. The first is that it's actually a lot more work than people might think- rather than simply deleting the first two tiers of perks and being done with it, they'd have to carefully adjust anywhere that the first two tiers of perks would be relevant, like non-completed bloodwebs, inventories of players who don't have every perk at tier three, the little popup you get when affected by a perk...
On top of it being a deceptively large amount of work, the other reason is that it doesn't fix the grind, it just resets it. It'd help in the short term but it does nothing to fix the actual problem, which is the way bloodwebs and inventories and such work in this game at a base level.
To be clear, I still don't support the decision and would love to see the perk tiers removed anyway, but I find it valuable to accurately state the opposition's argument in disagreements.
I can see the first point, cause yeah it would be a TON of work and I don't doubt that... But the second point is just completely untrue. It would take them YEARS and YEARS before they even got to the current grind that they appear to be okay with to some extent. They admit its there but have done little to show an attempt to fix it.
To be clear, I am someone who has many perked-out survivors and killers all at P3... But I've been playing since 2017 I think around when it came out. I could not imagine being a new player stepping into this game.
Also, I am not arguing with you, I am disappointed in the devs statement is all. Thank you for bringing this to my attention!
Well if stranger things taught us anything, it's that this task may be hard, but not impossible. they removed all offerings from people's blood web and inventories and updated everywhere they needed to.
I wouldn't say I expect it to be easy, but impossible would just be inaccurate.
Here is the clip from the most recent Dev Q&A Livestream (the url with timestamp is https://youtu.be/wIocxDbQ-9g?t=1740):
https://youtu.be/wIocxDbQ-9g?t=1740I also like the perk tiers, it would be really dumb to remove them. There are so many better ways to reduce the grind.