my main killer the trapper...
a very fun killer to play, yet a very weak one too.
heres what id like to see get changed:
-start the round with more traps in hand
-have more traps by standart (from 6 to 10)
-slightly reduced terror radius (from 32m to 24m)
-the ability to reset a trap on the ground without having to pick it up
-a set time required to escape the trap + getting skillchecks while trying to escape the trap. failing one will reset the progressbar. the skillchecks also dont have a "great" zone, so you cant speed up the process.
i think that should be enough. however, if you have any more ideas or you disagree with me, please tell me.
again: by telling me i mean giving me a response. im really tired of getting LOLs without any responses and / or reasoning to why ppl disagree / what they would change.
have a nice day ^^
@friendlykillermain said:
he is the one of the most enjoyable killers but hes too weak what buffs do you think he should get
He was by far my favourite killer when I started with the game, then SWF started to realize how powerful they are and I barely play him anymore. It simply is no fun when you are reduced to a M1 killer.
@Mister_xD said:
my main killer the trapper...
a very fun killer to play, yet a very weak one too.
heres what id like to see get changed:
-start the round with more traps in hand
-have more traps by standart (from 6 to 10)
-slightly reduced terror radius (from 32m to 24m)
-the ability to reset a trap on the ground without having to pick it up
-a set time required to escape the trap + getting skillchecks while trying to escape the trap. failing one will reset the progressbar. the skillchecks also dont have a "great" zone, so you cant speed up the process.
i think that should be enough. however, if you have any more ideas or you disagree with me, please tell me.
again: by telling me i mean giving me a response. im really tired of getting LOLs without any responses and / or reasoning to why ppl disagree / what they would change.
have a nice day ^^
some nice appreciation for our poor trapper i like all these changes but the terror radius one that one is already fine
Yeah he is a little weak. I think he should start out with two traps, not one.
And able to reset traps when they are on the ground. I think those changes alone would make him a lot better.
I also don't think people should be stuck in a bear trap for a set time. Use a wax brick stone if it bothers you that much, it wouldn't be fair to implement that at all.
@Chi said:
Yeah he is a little weak. I think he should start out with two traps, not one.
And able to reset traps when they are on the ground. I think those changes alone would make him a lot better.
I also don't think people should be stuck in a bear trap for a set time. Use a wax brick stone if it bothers you that much, it wouldn't be fair to implement that at all.
they should still add rng to trap rescues from a freind though because right now getting out of a trap is way too easy
The thing which hurts trapper most is that he has to go all around the map to collect his traps. And if that isn't already bad and gives survivors a lot of free time to genrush, he also can carry only 1 trap by default.
If he would start will all traps in his hands he would be another level
If Trapper started with 2 traps by default (but could only carry 1 after placing the first trap) and had the ability to set a trap that's already on the ground (without having to pick it up first), he would be in a good spot I feel. He has a lot of potential to snowball from just 1 or 2 survivors hitting a trap, and he has a very strong basement game.
I've recently switched to a trapper main. He is so much more fun than any other killer. He is very challenging, and strategic compared to others as well. Perhaps the Hag is a bit similar, but her ability to apply map pressure is much better due to teleporting. That said, Trapper is weak and could use buffs.
As mentioned above, I think more traps in hand would help a lot. Less of a RNG to get out of traps. Perhaps all traps automatically have a mangled effect? Maybe the Trapper gets some form of Sprint/BL when someone is in a trap. It cancels when they escape?
Having more traps in hand would help a lot with map pressure. I think a speed boost when someone is trapped, perhaps he is anxious to get to his prey, would be a huge boon as well.
I don't feel like he's weak at all, as a trapper main myself. Once you've got trap placement down, he's very powerful. He's got the potential to instantly end a chase before it even begins, or to completely block off strong loops.
Only thing I would like to see changed is the RNG. Rather than having traps be total luck where you can wiggle out on your first try or spend a whole minute trying to get out, I'd prefer it were just a set time so you're not at the mercy of luck.
I don't feel like he's weak at all, as a trapper main myself. Once you've got trap placement down, he's very powerful. He's got the potential to instantly end a chase before it even begins, or to completely block off strong loops.
Only thing I would like to see changed is the RNG. Rather than having traps be total luck where you can wiggle out on your first try or spend a whole minute trying to get out, I'd prefer it were just a set time so you're not at the mercy of luck.
The thing is, while placing around 5 good traps the gens are starting to pop. If you verse really optimal genrushers you end up with 5 traps placed and 1 gen left
I don't feel like he's weak at all, as a trapper main myself. Once you've got trap placement down, he's very powerful. He's got the potential to instantly end a chase before it even begins, or to completely block off strong loops.
Only thing I would like to see changed is the RNG. Rather than having traps be total luck where you can wiggle out on your first try or spend a whole minute trying to get out, I'd prefer it were just a set time so you're not at the mercy of luck.
The thing is, while placing around 5 good traps the gens are starting to pop. If you verse really optimal genrushers you end up with 5 traps placed and 1 gen left
You would ideally be patrolling as you collect and set up traps though, not just walking back and forth without applying any pressure. Collecting and setting a trap nearby only takes ~5 seconds.
I disagree. I feel like trapper is probably the best killer in the game. He completely shuts off areas of the map. If you're good with his trap placements then the survivors have no where to go. I'd actually call him OP. I love his add on's too. They're really strong. The one that sets traps randomly every 30 seconds is insanely good.
I do feel like as trapper Hex: Ruin is a must. It just delays the game so you can set up early. I don't know if any other killer benefits from that perk as much as Trapper does. Even if it dies early, it usually is enough to get the early game done.
There's absolutely no reason Trapper should have a 24m terror radius. The Hag, MM, Freddy, Spirit and Pig do because they are stealthy killers or have reduced speed. Huntress does because of her directional lullaby and reduced speed to balance with her long range attack.
@brokedownpalace said:
There's absolutely no reason Trapper should have a 24m terror radius. The Hag, MM, Freddy, Spirit and Pig do because they are stealthy killers or have reduced speed. Huntress does because of her directional lullaby and reduced speed to balance with her long range attack.
the reason why i brought this up is, because i wanted to give the trapper a little more stealth in his kit in order to get a setup going without the survivors immediately knowing where he has been placing his stuff. a 24m terror radius would help with that, as it would not notify the survivors when the killer is setting traps somewhere in their general area.
that said, this was probaply the one and only idea where i wasnt sure weather its needed or not. i still wrote it down, as its better to at least give an idea instead of just leaving it out. i mean, if ppl dont like it, they can respond to me, right?
@GrannyonAcid said:
I disagree. I feel like trapper is probably the best killer in the game. He completely shuts off areas of the map. If you're good with his trap placements then the survivors have no where to go. I'd actually call him OP. I love his add on's too. They're really strong. The one that sets traps randomly every 30 seconds is insanely good.
I do feel like as trapper Hex: Ruin is a must. It just delays the game so you can set up early. I don't know if any other killer benefits from that perk as much as Trapper does. Even if it dies early, it usually is enough to get the early game done.
sorry, but i will have to heavily disagree with you in that point.
there is a good reason to why trapper is usually somewhere in the worst killers in a tier list, and thats due to many problems that occure with him:
traps are very hard to set effectivels. you will need time to get a trap, you will have to predict the survivors loops and you also have to place it somewhere, where they cant see it.
however, survivors have the ability to disarm your traps, which renders them completely useless. and guess what happens once you hit a survivor? the traps go clap clap clap and your setup is screwed. that happens, because almost all survivors will constantly crouch through tall grass when they know your a trapper / check the relevant spots they want to loop you on / know the area of your traps and just focus on disarming everything you've set up.
and even if you trap a survivor, as long as it happens outside of your chase, this person will almost always get out and away before you can even reach that part of the map.
honestly, and this comes from a trapper main, trapper is far from OP. he isnt even that strong too, unless you can play him almost perfectly, so your better off with just playing billy or, if you have some spare time, learn nurse, as she it the only killer in this game who can be, with a high amount of skill, OP.
Trapper is the only killer I am legit scared of. So scared that even when I'm NOT playing against a Trapper I'm checking windows, pallets, and tall grass for traps 🤣
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
still its too easy too escape especially with a freind to help you maybe larger hit box but its harder to detect
my main killer the trapper...
a very fun killer to play, yet a very weak one too.
heres what id like to see get changed:
-start the round with more traps in hand
-have more traps by standart (from 6 to 10)
-slightly reduced terror radius (from 32m to 24m)
-the ability to reset a trap on the ground without having to pick it up
-a set time required to escape the trap + getting skillchecks while trying to escape the trap. failing one will reset the progressbar. the skillchecks also dont have a "great" zone, so you cant speed up the process.
i think that should be enough. however, if you have any more ideas or you disagree with me, please tell me.
again: by telling me i mean giving me a response. im really tired of getting LOLs without any responses and / or reasoning to why ppl disagree / what they would change.
have a nice day ^^
He was by far my favourite killer when I started with the game, then SWF started to realize how powerful they are and I barely play him anymore. It simply is no fun when you are reduced to a M1 killer.
some nice appreciation for our poor trapper i like all these changes but the terror radius one that one is already fine
Yeah he is a little weak. I think he should start out with two traps, not one.
And able to reset traps when they are on the ground. I think those changes alone would make him a lot better.
I also don't think people should be stuck in a bear trap for a set time. Use a wax brick stone if it bothers you that much, it wouldn't be fair to implement that at all.
they should still add rng to trap rescues from a freind though because right now getting out of a trap is way too easy
I'd be happy with Trapper if they would just fix the darkening addon bug.
The trapper relies on survivors to make mistakes, that's why he is bad against good survivors.
Only with his auto-trap reset addon he can be good against good survivors.
Looking for your own traps on the other side of the map? Thats not enjoyable
If he would start will all traps in his hands he would be another level
If Trapper started with 2 traps by default (but could only carry 1 after placing the first trap) and had the ability to set a trap that's already on the ground (without having to pick it up first), he would be in a good spot I feel. He has a lot of potential to snowball from just 1 or 2 survivors hitting a trap, and he has a very strong basement game.
I've recently switched to a trapper main. He is so much more fun than any other killer. He is very challenging, and strategic compared to others as well. Perhaps the Hag is a bit similar, but her ability to apply map pressure is much better due to teleporting. That said, Trapper is weak and could use buffs.
As mentioned above, I think more traps in hand would help a lot. Less of a RNG to get out of traps. Perhaps all traps automatically have a mangled effect? Maybe the Trapper gets some form of Sprint/BL when someone is in a trap. It cancels when they escape?
Having more traps in hand would help a lot with map pressure. I think a speed boost when someone is trapped, perhaps he is anxious to get to his prey, would be a huge boon as well.
I don't feel like he's weak at all, as a trapper main myself. Once you've got trap placement down, he's very powerful. He's got the potential to instantly end a chase before it even begins, or to completely block off strong loops.
Only thing I would like to see changed is the RNG. Rather than having traps be total luck where you can wiggle out on your first try or spend a whole minute trying to get out, I'd prefer it were just a set time so you're not at the mercy of luck.
Improve trap hitbox.
Move traps back to where the trapper set it after the survi or gets free.
You would ideally be patrolling as you collect and set up traps though, not just walking back and forth without applying any pressure. Collecting and setting a trap nearby only takes ~5 seconds.
I disagree. I feel like trapper is probably the best killer in the game. He completely shuts off areas of the map. If you're good with his trap placements then the survivors have no where to go. I'd actually call him OP. I love his add on's too. They're really strong. The one that sets traps randomly every 30 seconds is insanely good.
I do feel like as trapper Hex: Ruin is a must. It just delays the game so you can set up early. I don't know if any other killer benefits from that perk as much as Trapper does. Even if it dies early, it usually is enough to get the early game done.
the reason why i brought this up is, because i wanted to give the trapper a little more stealth in his kit in order to get a setup going without the survivors immediately knowing where he has been placing his stuff. a 24m terror radius would help with that, as it would not notify the survivors when the killer is setting traps somewhere in their general area.
that said, this was probaply the one and only idea where i wasnt sure weather its needed or not. i still wrote it down, as its better to at least give an idea instead of just leaving it out. i mean, if ppl dont like it, they can respond to me, right?
sorry, but i will have to heavily disagree with you in that point.
there is a good reason to why trapper is usually somewhere in the worst killers in a tier list, and thats due to many problems that occure with him:
traps are very hard to set effectivels. you will need time to get a trap, you will have to predict the survivors loops and you also have to place it somewhere, where they cant see it.
however, survivors have the ability to disarm your traps, which renders them completely useless. and guess what happens once you hit a survivor? the traps go clap clap clap and your setup is screwed. that happens, because almost all survivors will constantly crouch through tall grass when they know your a trapper / check the relevant spots they want to loop you on / know the area of your traps and just focus on disarming everything you've set up.
and even if you trap a survivor, as long as it happens outside of your chase, this person will almost always get out and away before you can even reach that part of the map.
honestly, and this comes from a trapper main, trapper is far from OP. he isnt even that strong too, unless you can play him almost perfectly, so your better off with just playing billy or, if you have some spare time, learn nurse, as she it the only killer in this game who can be, with a high amount of skill, OP.
excuse me, what is that bug about?
You guys wanna hear something silly?
Trapper is the only killer I am legit scared of. So scared that even when I'm NOT playing against a Trapper I'm checking windows, pallets, and tall grass for traps 🤣