Do you buy cosmetics?
Out of curiosity, do you like to buy cosmetics? Or do you prefer to just use the cosmetics you get over time from just playing the game?
Edit: To clarify, I’m wondering if you are a person who generally buys cosmetics versus someone who doesn’t.
P.S. Damn it, fat fingered a typo in a question and can’t edit it. 😠 Ah well, sorry about the misspelling.
Comments
I’ve never bought cosmetics, I kind of like using the ones I get from Prestiging and rift challenges and such because it feels more like I’ve “earned” those as rewards for playing. But I guess with enough shards or if there was a skin I was super into I might splurge. 🤷♂️
Hard to answer. Needs an option like "I have bought cosmetics, but I don't any more."
I used to get quite a lot, but I don't like a lot of the directions the devs are going with things. MMR is pathetic (and all we hear on it is "WE'RE RIGHT YOU'RE WRONG"), perk changes take literally years to see the light of day, reworking old stuff is just going the direction of "make it so OP that it gets used over current meta," and in terms of cosmetics they're now using every excuse under the sun to make sets linked to force people to pay more. This is especially true in the case of the newest Trickster outfit which has noises and lobby animations tied to it which are basically nothing, and could be tied to any individual piece, but are instead used to bump the price up 50% for minimal effort. This all comes after asking us in surveys if we want linked sets to be less restrictive which I can't imagine anyone answered "no" to.
Personally I'm just not interested in giving BHVR any money outside of licensed chapters while they're doing such a dismal job all round.
The question is more about if you are generally a person that buys cosmetics. So if you have bought them then that’s the answer.
I usually buy cosmetics, especially if they're on Killers I like to play, but I've also bought cosmetics for Killers I don't usually play just because they look good
I used to berate my kids for buying pretend clothes, so ridiculous!
But then I started playing DBD, I now have a huge wardrobe of pretend clothes.
I buy some stuff for different survs and killers. I normally don´t but i gave up on this game as i admitted i play it pretty much since 2 years now.
But mostly on sale or pieces. And legendarys are too expensive i still think.
I usually buy my cosmetics with shards, but if I see a outfit I really, really like I'll buy it with cells.
I used to a lot. If I play a LOT of a game, I see no problem shooting the devs some money for choice cosmetics.
My inner completionist compels me to.
This poll is certainly a notch for the team that does cosmetic design, 90% of people responding so far have bought cosmetic items.
I never bought it with real money, no. I would rather buy characters (more inclined to buy killers) because that affects the gameplay itself.
what are games about? - Enjoying playing them and enjoying looking at the screen while playing them. Hell yeah I gonna put something I like looking at on my mains. --- However, I would be a lot more reluctant if I had bought the game at full price or had to "get the most bang for the buck".
I usually only buy cosmetics with shards (also only buying original characters with shards). Maaaybe one piece for licensed characters (like that phoenix top for Cheryl or the blue jacket for Yoichi). But that’s more an exception.
for killers I don’t buy anything as I don’t see it during matches. Also got enough from the rifts that I also generally like.
I bought a single cosmetic piece for David with auric cells about 2 years ago. Other than that I've bought nothing... except some legendary characters. I also plan to buy all survivor legendary characters eventually, when they're on sale. I'm not sure they apply as "cosmetics" but yeah.
Only if they look cool and it’s something I would wear often.