There is no reason for flashlight clicking to still be a mechanic.
I couldn't care less about the BM aspect, it's the accessibility issues that come with it. There's a post in general discussions talking about someone's cousin that had an epileptic episode because of it. I didn't feel me bitching about this in the way I am right now was appropriate there hence me making a new discussion post.
There is no benefit to keeping it in the game, it's only used to aggravate people which, like I said, I don't really care about but it's about as far from a necessary mechanic as it gets. I know some survivor players use it for spins and such since it messes with survivor movement, but I don't see that minor benefit justifying the lack of accessibility to epileptic players that comes with it. Sadako's visual effects being adjusted for accessibility is a good sign, but I'd really like some kind of direct word on if or when we can expect to see flashlights adjusted for the same reason.
Comments
Lmao like behavior cares about killer players and epilepsy? They're only adjusting the static from sadako because it also affects survivors ๐๐
Can you save the cynic bs for once? Maybe it might have an actual chance of being addressed if you do that.
Cynic? If they actually cared they would have addressed this already. It's been complained about before, and like I said, they're only doing it now specifically with sadako because it also affects survivors.
Behavior wants to let survs clicky clicky because they like bullying
You're making assumptions about people you've never spoken to a day in your life. I think it's stupid that this has been an issue for as long as it has but thinking it has something to do with "survivor bias" and refusing to believe positive change can come from complaining about these issues helps absolutely no one.
And my point is, this has been brought up hundreds of times before on this forum during this games 6 years.
Killers having issues with epilepsy and flashing light macros has never been addressed by the dev team.
Yet, a single post on the ptb feedback about how a player having epiletic issues with sadakos Mori flicking images, the devs immediately address in spades and jump patch that ######### out in a week.
I'm telling you to give up. BHVR doesn't care at all, and they can prove me wrong if they wish.
I second this idea. I don't suffer from photosensitivity myself but accessibility is something I'm passionate about and this needs to be changed. Like, asap.
They can't necessarily just prevent clicking- if you barely mistime a save you can click slightly to get it, for instance, so having 2/3 clicks per second allowed. There shouldn't be any more than that, at all.
Refraining from being cynical is not going to appease the devs into doing the right thing. All the big content creators have tried that, who have now been divided into
A) dev cheerleaders/survivor-only personalities.
and
B) people kicked out of the devs' clubhouse/people who have quit the game.
They took away mori spamming, but keep clicking and tbagging in. In other words, they nerfed killer BM and left survivor BM alone.
love people turning an accessibility suggestion into an us vs them discussion.
good lord.
It's actually pathetic, I'm gonna be honest.
Accessibility shouldn't be weaponised like this. It should just be a basic feature to allow people to play the game.
This, kids, is why the internet is restricted to those under 13.
you put too much faith in internet addicted teenagers
I put none.