Subtle cheating is becoming a problem.
An influx of subtle cheating is becoming noticeable. It's not even rare anymore, probably see it every couple of days when I play a lot.
Just had a game where a Feng broke my hex totem instantly (I watched her do this as Wraith, so she didn't notice me watching her do it), was impossible to catch because she would speed around corners out of LOS, know exactly where and what I was doing around loops without LOS, fall from the high ground without stagger and self-care in less than 10 seconds when I left her.
Like, if it's a blatant cheater, I have a laugh, record & report, move on. But a subtle cheater is so difficult to report, because frankly, how are the developers going to know that a Feng moving slightly faster around corners or mind-gaming ''well'' isn't cheating? It's problematic because it's not blatant and the developers won't ban because they won't understand slight differences.
And this Feng wasn't even ''subtle'' in a way, because she was blatantly faster around loops. But if a cheater simply used a wall hack to know where the killer is, all the totems/gens, and even a cheat to speed up the gens slightly, there's no knowing or stopping it.
I'd rather go against a blatant cheater, at least it's more amusing seeing a survivor fly in the sky rather than speed around corners and pretend to be a ''skilled survivor'' that bullied the killer.
Comments
We know it's a problem. The dev's know it's a problem. It costs money to fix this problem, so it will never be fixed. They won't even shell out for the higher tier EAC and are just sitting on the base package they bought when the game came out.
The only thing it does is record chat logs.
It's not becoming a problem it is a problem, but bhvr doesn't seem to care at all about fixing hacking, prehaps it's too "complicated" who knows.
I had a similar experience, there was a Claudette on the floor and a Meg, the other two survivors were already dead. When I downed Meg, Claudette got up and then I thought “she has ubreakable or exponential”. So at the end of the game I saw that none of the survivors had unb or exponential. In the chat, Claudette didn't respond when I questioned her and Meg agreed that she was cheating.
Makes me wonder if there will be any form of compensation for this epidemic, seeing it's on the devs to do something about it in a timely fashion.
This is one of the reasons that keeps me from coming back to dbd. Cheaters were no where near this common. When i was playing I only ran into 2 that were certainly cheating and a handful of questionable cheaters. Now I cant browse the forum without hearing about them.
Becoming?
We have dedicated servers. Everything should be trackable through the server logs. Everything that takes less time than usual should raise a red flag.