DBD needs more content, and no not chapters. Hear me out this would be worthwhile BHVR

DBD needs more content besides chapters, I know the community has suggested playlists but I think that's also a bad idea especially when facing lobby times etc.

My idea? Make decent events and have them every year. And I mean events that add something new or make the base game play different.

The winter event (while had some issues especially with certain killers) was very different compared to the basic and imo boring special gens/hooks for more points. I dont mind yearly events repeated as long as they're good.

So let's hear some ideas? Maybe BHVR would take them and put them in. So I'll start, heres my ideas

Easter event: eggs spawn on the map, their aura flashes every so often, every X time they move (Easter egg hunt) all eggs but 1 reduce movement speed by 1% while the 1 special egg increases movement by 1% (all eggs look the same) when completing a gen or hooking a survivor with an egg score points (no limit on the amount of eggs you can carry)

Halloween: heavy mist plagues every map regardless of offerings, any lights that are usually powered on will now always flicker slightly (not too much due to epileptic people). Adds an ambient sounds and reduces all terror radius's by 2metres. Maybe have a random chance of triggering a jump scare when completing actions like hooks, gens, chests etc.

The idea of the events is to keep the game still similar to the base but just a little extra twist to spicy things up and keep things interesting.

Comments

  • these small events you've mentioned wont provide the same amount of content you get from 6 new perks, one new killer and survivor and maybe a map

  • @some_guy1 said:

    these small events you've mentioned wont provide the same amount of content you get from 6 new perks, one new killer and survivor and maybe a map

    This is alongside the chapters, I just meant I'm not on about adding even more chapter per year than we already do.

    We also rarely get a new map and survivor is just a skin. These events are just an idea to mix up the gameplay throughout the year. I know I'd certainly jump on for an actual Halloween event

  • I don't like it when they add abilities in the events that give players a competitive advantage. For example the snowmen giving survivors an extra health state. Kicking a pumpkin and suddenly your Usain Bolt.

    I wish there was a way to implement events that encourage sportsmanlike behavior and general fun. Mechanics like Glyph's without incurring a hindrance, or additional objectives is fine. I really enjoyed the Blight event, with the pustula plants.

  • @Kurri said:

    I don't like it when they add abilities in the events that give players a competitive advantage. For example the snowmen giving survivors an extra health state. Kicking a pumpkin and suddenly your Usain Bolt.

    I wish there was a way to implement events that encourage sportsmanlike behavior and general fun. Mechanics like Glyph's without incurring a hindrance, or additional objectives is fine. I really enjoyed the Blight event, with the pustula plants.

    you know this game designed as party game.. right?

    playing this game competitive is only worthy for streamers


    remember killer nerfs standard on pc killer vs console survivors

  • @nostrada96ass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2834615#Comment_2834615

    you know this game designed as party game.. right?

    playing this game competitive is only worthy for streamers

    remember killer nerfs standard on pc killer vs console survivors

    Yeah I agree it's a party game, which is why the event shouldn't break the game in one sides favor, that ruins the fun for the other side.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2834631#Comment_2834631

    I don't take this game competitively but i hated the bone chill event, i stopped playing until it was over.

    I was playing legion and survivors could just jump in snowmen to get rid of deep wound, making many add-ons useless.

    I was playing ghost face, and whenever i marked a survivor, they would jump in a snowman, i would hit them, and then they would be healthy with no marked status effect.

    I was playing twins and whenever i hit a snowman with victor survivors could just instantly crush victor.

    They were not fun at all, they are literally just a "Haha, no" to so many mechanics that make the game what it is.

    I'd rather they stick to events like the lunar event where everyone could pick up an envelope and get bp rewards and cosmetics. Events should bring players together.

    If you notice I said there was issues with the winter event even stated certain killers, clearly that needs to be addressed.

    From my events I came up with are any massively one sided? Or broken?

    And I'm sorry just picking up a one time item per trial isnt really an event, I'm on about event that are both different and entertaining while still awarding the player. Alot of players get bored of DBD due to its repetitive nature.

    Having about 5/6 events through the year even if they last 1 week splits up the base gameplay and keeps people interested or brings them back.

  • I personally loved Bone Chill and Midnight Grove, compared to alot of previous events we've had by now, they actually added something to spice up the gameplay instead of just being the standard BP increase or advent codes only.

    I honestly hope they bring them back for this year.

  • I don't think BHVR is competent enough to properly balance those things out, PLEASE no.

  • I actually want to see more core elements/mechanics added like pumpkins and snowmen - no just during events.

    obviously the issues with snowmen and certain killer powers should not get added like that, but as with Bubba we see it can be done without favoring survs completely.

    As to the speedboost from pumpkins, I actually never had a surv being able to get an advantage against me and neither did I get an advantage from it as surv (actually got hit even though I had the speedboost) - were those really problematic?