Midwich

Just came back from a break and how did they screw up midwich so bad for killer?? I had agitation and i still couldn't get to a hook.... Doesn't take long to remember why I left.

Comments

  • I like Midwich as killer, and I feel like the hook spawns are fair and predictable, generally speaking. Bad luck, maybe?

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    I like Midwich as killer, and I feel like the hook spawns are fair and predictable, generally speaking. Bad luck, maybe?

    Supposedly they nerfed the hooks in the upstairs area of Midwich, I've def noticed that the majority of hooks spawn downstairs now and there's not as many upstairs as there used to be

    Possible shadow nerf?

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    I like Midwich as killer, and I feel like the hook spawns are fair and predictable, generally speaking. Bad luck, maybe?

    i've noticed that it's one hook per hallway, pretty much never see hooks spawn in the middle of hallways anymore, usually just 1 per corner with the occasional outlier

  • @AnneBonny said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2833927#Comment_2833927

    i've noticed that it's one hook per hallway, pretty much never see hooks spawn in the middle of hallways anymore, usually just 1 per corner with the occasional outlier

    Could be they updated hook spawn parameters or something like that

    The hooks on midwich were kinda ridiculous at times, you could have two survivors hooked in one hallway and it'd be really hard to save. Maybe this was done in response to the map's killrate being the highest in the game? Would make sense

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2833929#Comment_2833929

    Could be they updated hook spawn parameters or something like that

    The hooks on midwich were kinda ridiculous at times, you could have two survivors hooked in one hallway and it'd be really hard to save. Maybe this was done in response to the map's killrate being the highest in the game? Would make sense

    maybe, that kinda just goes to show how bhvr really doesn't know what they're doing when it comes to map design. confusing indoor maps that are 90% unsafe loops aren't good, massive maps with easily chained strong loops and main buildings aren't either. messing with hook spawns isn't going to change any of that.

  • It might have been a bad spawn but you would think agitation would have off set that. It was one of my favorite maps.

  • @AnneBonny said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2833930#Comment_2833930

    maybe, that kinda just goes to show how bhvr really doesn't know what they're doing when it comes to map design. confusing indoor maps that are 90% unsafe loops aren't good, massive maps with easily chained strong loops and main buildings aren't either. messing with hook spawns isn't going to change any of that.

    Midwich actually has a spot I've dubbed 'Facecamp station'

    Basically you know that area that leads to the upstairs library area, it has two small pallets and two breakable walls? If the killer hooks someone in there, doesn't touch the breakable walls and then bodyblocks the door it forces survivors to go all the way around just to have a chance at saving.

    God I hate being hooked in there

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2833931#Comment_2833931

    Midwich actually has a spot I've dubbed 'Facecamp station'

    Basically you know that area that leads to the upstairs library area, it has two small pallets and two breakable walls? If the killer hooks someone in there, doesn't touch the breakable walls and then bodyblocks the door it forces survivors to go all the way around just to have a chance at saving.

    God I hate being hooked in there

    breakable walls are still the worst addition to dbd, except the secret passage in the bathroom that's actually a cool use of them