Escape through gates on Midwich?

Is it even possible as the last person alive? The killer can just stand in the courtyard lol and see both gates. At least on other maps the gates can spawn randomly even if you do get a bad gate spawn one game, but on Midwich that doesn't happen.

Comments

  • 24% Gate, wait for Killer to come and go again, then continue.

    Hope 12sec is enough time for you to open.

  • I could be wrong but I think it is difficult but possible for a lone survivor to open a gate in Midwich because the doors aren’t actually quite in view of each other from the central courtyard. It’s definitely in the killer’s favor compared to some other maps though.

  • There are objects that block directly seeing switches until you get close. 24% the switch like C3 said, wait for them to leave, then do the rest.

  • Depends on the killer of course, but generall yeah its possible. Either get the gate until shortly before the light comes wait for them to check and go to the other gate or if you can sneak away open one gate until 1/2 lights are on and then go to the other gate and try your luck there.

    some killers can pretty much deny this, though that’s also possible for other maps. Demo for example can pretty much check on both gates simultaneously with their portals. Also Whispers pretty much denies it as well on most maps..

  • There are objects directly in front of the exit switches that block their view until you get closer to them, but yes it’s pretty difficult for the last survivor to escape. I think against certain killers like wraith it’s impossible because he’s too fast.

    But yeah like some others said, get the door to 24% and wait for them to check. That’s really your only chance.

  • @dugman said:

    I could be wrong but I think it is difficult but possible for a lone survivor to open a gate in Midwich because the doors aren’t actually quite in view of each other from the central courtyard. It’s definitely in the killer’s favor compared to some other maps though.

    Not really. It is almost imposible.

  • It is definitely possible.

  • Egc is killer sided. A surv alone can’t do much anyway

  • It's possible, it takes time, and skill, and it's easiest to do if you are good at hiding and moving, but I've done it, and I'm not particularly skilled.

  • @dictep said:

    Egc is killer sided. A surv alone can’t do much anyway

    It's map/RNG dependent, and Midwich is definitely the worst one to be alone in during EGC. It can be done, but the killer has to play it poorly, or be like hamburger Myers or something.

    On the other hand there are plenty of maps where the gates can spawn so far apart that it's virtually a guaranteed escape.

  • First reply is all you need to know.

  • I think it's def the hardest map to do it on, and if the killer is in the yard when the gen pops or hatch is near the it's gg


    If they are upstairs on the other end then it might be possible


    Side note: I think this is one of the reasons the map has the highest kill rate in the entire game