How are Steam players supposed to report Epic store/Windows store cheaters?
Title
Came across some epic games cheaters last night, no way to grab an ID to submit a report
There doesn't seem to be any way for us to report them properly.
Title
Came across some epic games cheaters last night, no way to grab an ID to submit a report
There doesn't seem to be any way for us to report them properly.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
In-game report along with video evidence submitted to BHVR's support ticket system, which you can find in the in-game info screen.
How would our Switch cousins do this properly? The devs disabled their video recording a few months back...
You need some form of identification/ID from them to report
There's no 'Offender ID' I can provide. Their usernames are typically just a bunch of boxes. This is the problem.
With normal reports you use SteamID but there's no such thing for Epic/Windows store
You can provide your own Steam ID, that way they can find the match that got flagged and find the person who got reported.
Or... they'll just misunderstand and ban your ID 🙈
If you can't get their characters from their name I honestly don't know. Use their gamertag and hope you don't have to remind them that Windows Store players can't have a Steam ID.
you just type their name in, it doesn't have to be a special link or something like that
I think the question they're asking involves people who just have blank boxes for a name, for example.
The idea is tagging the match by reporting the offending player via in-game report, and then submit a clip or something that shows the cheating. Put "Epic Games" or whatever in the player ID, and then send the clip via support ticket. It's really not that hard, I've done this on a number of occasions. Support can figure out who got reported in-game, and together with the clip, they will identify the correct player.
How else are you going to report someone playing on a different platform?
The devs have been shown to not store any data on a match other then Kills/Escapes so that's not going to happen.
When you report ingame it flags that player’s DBD ID by tracing through your DBD ID. Then when you supply a support ticket, provide your DBD ID, and a video; they can attach it to the offender and ban.
Guys, I’ve completed four support tickets in the last month. Three of them were banned in a day. The fourth a little longer.
The ‘report does nothing’ diatribe is propaganda.
I'm trying to explain this to the original poster, but for some reason there seems to be some sort of misunderstanding. I've also reported plenty of people on EGS without having their player ID, and it worked.
Yeah problem
How can I report a dudes name if in the lobby his name comes up as a bunch of boxes
I had a cheater this evening... took me 10 minutes to work out how/where to report them after the post-game feedback. They really need to streamline that and not make us jump through hoops just to find it.
Out of my three reports of obvious cheaters, NONE of them were banned.