My issue with James's model
I don't want to buy this legendary set, until they won't make it look like James. He's not super-fit soldier, I get that. But his arms are too thin, and his face looks nothing like in sh2, it actually feels like they took it from the unused character model. There few examples of a good recreation of him made by fans. It probably has something to do with Guy Cihi and konami's trouble with legal usage of his face and voice. But man, I really wish if they somehow got approval using his face and just remade the whole thing.
Here is the link to a fan made model: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Z5zn8m


Comments
To be fair, a lot of licensed models don't look accurate to their original counterparts. Laurie doesn't resemble Jamie Lee Curtis but her comic book counterpart, and Detective Tapp doesn't look exactly like Danny Glover. Same thing with Quentin, and Cheryl doesn't have her silent hill 3 face model.
I do believe that Quentin got his face updated, since the actor of him, posted a tweet where he said that people started telling him that his in game model looks like a goblin and bhvr should do something about it. Which they did, and now he looks way better.
Here is the video comprising: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYVbVjM5lZo
(Can't find his tweet, but it's there somewhere)
I know of quentin's face rework, and it does look a lot better but not accurate to the actor himself
He got a facial upgrade, yes, but not the likeness of Kyle. Because, shockingly, actors retain legal rights to their faces, and so the fact that they can't get the likeness to James isn't at all surprising.
Nom of the licensed characters look exactly like there oh form, dbd has a different art style to silent hill so there not gonna look exactly the same
I thought this thread would be about Jeryl :(
if making the face accurate requires working with guy cihi i'd much rather have them keep the current one, guy is a ######### lunatic
Not entirely true, althou while it is true when it comes to Quentin and possibly also for video game characters as a whole, there are however some cases where actor's faces becomes part of a character who which the actor themselves have no legal rights over, such was the case with remake freddy i think. I believe Cote actually talked about the subject back during the pre eternal blight event livestream.
They can fix Claire while they're at it
He looks fine. I think BHVR has got past their character importing phase of everyone looking like they smoked something.