I have always said, "Maps are the lifeblood of Dead by Daylight" the more maps the better, We must make sure that BHVR too wishes to overflow our senses with different locations, so that every match will forever be different with help from the random nature of the game.
Damn I wish I was a Map Developer, You take interns BHVR?
I have always said, "Maps are the lifeblood of Dead by Daylight" the more maps the better, We must make sure that BHVR too wishes to overflow our senses with different locations, so that every match will forever be different with help from the random nature of the game.
Damn I wish I was a Map Developer, You take interns BHVR?
Yeah, i think getting new maps is as important as getting new killers to renew the game.
Despite my distaste for that map, I dislike the fact we lost a map at all and wish it would come back so that there the slightest chance for more variety
Good or bad, the game needs variety. Call Of Duty had more varied maps and locations back in 2007 than this game does in 2022 with over 7 years of development under its belt.
I have always said, "Maps are the lifeblood of Dead by Daylight" the more maps the better, We must make sure that BHVR too wishes to overflow our senses with different locations, so that every match will forever be different with help from the random nature of the game.
Damn I wish I was a Map Developer, You take interns BHVR?
Damn I wish I was a Map Developer, You take interns BHVR?
@Mooks idk if the love I have for this game is enough to push me though learning French, moving to the other side of the planet for the chance they dont need me. Would be balling tho.
@Mooks idk if the love I have for this game is enough to push me though learning French, moving to the other side of the planet for the chance they dont need me. Would be balling tho.
Well. I guess that would be too much since it’s still possible the game won’t survive that long. But I guess even though you were jokingly asking I did inform myself and knew about it :)
(also BHVR does apparently even support full remote work, but I don’t know to what extent and if it applies to any position/team)
Honestly Hawkins was great and very unique. The fact that it didn't have most of the standard tiles and most of the pallets weren't very strong made playing there unlike anywhere else.
On survivor hiding behind walls was just effective enough to be worth going for but also too ineffective to do so calmly, it made DBD feel like an actual horror game.
On killer each of the room layouts led to interesting mind game attempts which made chases feel intuitive and rewarding rather than the same basic mindgames a lot of maps had.
plus it was relatively balanced and I was a ghostface main at the time so overall I loved that map with all my heart.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I have always said, "Maps are the lifeblood of Dead by Daylight" the more maps the better, We must make sure that BHVR too wishes to overflow our senses with different locations, so that every match will forever be different with help from the random nature of the game.
Damn I wish I was a Map Developer, You take interns BHVR?
No, too many pallets. But the game map is worst
Yeah, i think getting new maps is as important as getting new killers to renew the game.
Hated it as Billy, hated it as surv. It was fun on Clown however.
Still, it remained one of my least favourite maps when it existed.
I don’t miss it one bit
Hawkins was legitimately my favourite map, I absolutely miss it.
Not a single map in DbD has a mindgameable third-floor hole that has an infinite meme potential. Hawkins had it.
Absolutely.
The hate was not justified. It now switched to RPD - which is also by far not as bad as some say.
It wasn't my favorite map, but I liked the uniqueness of it. I also really liked the aesthetic.
It was one of my favorites wish it came back.
Yes, but I think i'd regret saying so if it came back.
Despite my distaste for that map, I dislike the fact we lost a map at all and wish it would come back so that there the slightest chance for more variety
Hawkins was a good map as a killer. Most of the pallets are gamable, and it had a good aesthetic.
I wish it was RE or Game map that went away instead. 😭
We need another cool Lab map.
They could make one for RE. But i guess not...
Good or bad, the game needs variety. Call Of Duty had more varied maps and locations back in 2007 than this game does in 2022 with over 7 years of development under its belt.
Damn I wish I was a Map Developer, You take interns BHVR?
yeah they do:
https://www.bhvr.com/internship/
@Mooks idk if the love I have for this game is enough to push me though learning French, moving to the other side of the planet for the chance they dont need me. Would be balling tho.
Well. I guess that would be too much since it’s still possible the game won’t survive that long. But I guess even though you were jokingly asking I did inform myself and knew about it :)
(also BHVR does apparently even support full remote work, but I don’t know to what extent and if it applies to any position/team)
Honestly Hawkins was great and very unique. The fact that it didn't have most of the standard tiles and most of the pallets weren't very strong made playing there unlike anywhere else.
Not really tbh
Ngl, this map was quite original ... but the gameplay was awful because of the single existence of bloodlust mechanism -> tier F map just for this.
But there is something that pisses me off: less realms/maps in the rotation pool = more chance to get Midwich or RPD, damned!
Hawkins was a balanced and a pretty map
Lots of unsafe pallets,not many windows,and even if there were,they were easily counterable
Hawkins was by far my most favourite map to play at
It was a very unique map and I always felt it kinda balanced.
I loved this map on both sides.
On survivor hiding behind walls was just effective enough to be worth going for but also too ineffective to do so calmly, it made DBD feel like an actual horror game.
On killer each of the room layouts led to interesting mind game attempts which made chases feel intuitive and rewarding rather than the same basic mindgames a lot of maps had.
plus it was relatively balanced and I was a ghostface main at the time so overall I loved that map with all my heart.
Tbh hated it but now i kinda miss it. Especially with RPD around now it wasn‘t as Bad as RPD in my opinion