Another day, another teammate dies because I'm lost in RPD
I hate this map so much. Even when you can see the aura of something and you're supposed to know where it is, it doesn't do you any good, because you start walking toward it and end up going down some corridor that takes you back in the exact opposite direction of where you were trying to go.
Literally, in my last game today, a survivor died on first hook in the basement because I could not find the basement. Every time I thought I was going the right way, I ran into a wall and got re-routed to some dark, confusing corner.
Comments
Yes because a map that is extremely large, maze-like, confusing to navigate, and not originally designed for DBD was definitely a great thing for the game.
I think it's safe to say that as much as we would love to see some sort of rework or removal of the map, BHVR's hands are tied and they're tied by a rope called CAPCOM. Seriously, it's probably licensing why it's a replica. My only suggestion is to play Resident Evil 2 to learn the map. The developers did mention that if you played RE2, you will have a much easier time navigating the map. I started playing RE2 in December and I have to say, it made the map SO much more enjoyable and easier to navigate. Not saying it's balanced, just easier.
Sorry, i can´t understand that.
It is more complicated that other maps but it is by far not impossible to learn quickly.
I'll be honest, the map isn't too confusing once you learn it, even without playing RE2. I'd say the only part I don't know is a very small bit of the upstairs, on the east side of the map. Otherwise I think I know most pallet and gen spawns and the way to navigate it.
There are only two possible basement spawns, and they never change how you get into them. But yeah RPD is very confusing and bad for DbD. So many campable hooks, best wishes even getting a basement save on that map (even if you do get there in time).
I mean yeah it's a bit confusing and maze like but that's what I like about it. It's a problem for both sites (as long as you aren't nurse) and I would love to see a hedge maze map in the future. Once you learn how the maps layout its totally fine its not like every time it loads walls get randomly generated so sometimes a way is open and sometimes not( wich would be fn awesome as a map)