Where is switch crossprogression goddamit?

Dbd came out for switch, a little over 2 years ago. And I started playing shortly after that (I know the game since like 3-4 years tho). I finally had the money to buy myself a PC about a month ago. But I (and many others) don't feel like paying 20 dollars + ALL DLC's just to regrind everything.

Switch crossprogression was announced back in late september 2020 (30th). Yet there is nothing. Some dataminers found something on january last year and it really seemed BHVR was working on it. But as expected it's bhvr, so they said; 'There are proplems outside our control'. Which translated means: „We know you want it, but we don't care enough to actually do it rn”.

They aren't transparent enough with the community. Esspecially becouse it's about switch players. AKA the smallest amount of the dbd playerbase. I've met people that didn't even know that dbd was on switch. So why would the devs even care?

And If they actually have trouble doing crossprogression (maybe for liscensing reasons), then they're bad with communication. I hope that we'll get it this year (I doubt it).


PS: I've seen people say 'just play on something else 4head'. Well that's the proplem lmao

Comments

  • And If they actually have trouble doing crossprogression (maybe for liscensing reasons), then they're bad with communication.

    thats exactly what they have been telling us though. And since it’s for licensing reasons they legally can’t tell us more.

  • They've told us complications have arisen with Nintendo and BHVR. We can infer it's related to royalties being paid between platforms for any purchase made on another, or having to renegotiate a contract, based upon the released information in the Epic Games and Apple lawsuit a while back.

  • When I read Switch Cross Progression went sideways it killed off that 4% remaining hope I had that any of the consoles will ever see CP realized.

  • Why on earth would you assume that "complications outside their control" translates to "they don't care enough to do it", instead of that it translates to it being out of their hands?

    That seems like a wild jump in logic.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    When I read Switch Cross Progression went sideways it killed off that 4% remaining hope I had that any of the consoles will ever see CP realized.

    I’m still trying not to give up hope.

  • @Mooks said:

    And If they actually have trouble doing crossprogression (maybe for liscensing reasons), then they're bad with communication.

    thats exactly what they have been telling us though. And since it’s for licensing reasons they legally can’t tell us more.

    Can you give me a source? I have never heard that they stated why.

  • @jesterkind said:

    Why on earth would you assume that "complications outside their control" translates to "they don't care enough to do it", instead of that it translates to it being out of their hands?

    That seems like a wild jump in logic.

    Welcome to the Forum. XD

  • @jesterkind said:

    Why on earth would you assume that "complications outside their control" translates to "they don't care enough to do it", instead of that it translates to it being out of their hands?

    That seems like a wild jump in logic.

    Becouse bhvr is always like that. I mean just look at their last QNA. It doesn't feel like they're honest with us. And that's been the case alot of the time. I don't trust this company anymore. I just hope that they're seriously adressing it.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    When I read Switch Cross Progression went sideways it killed off that 4% remaining hope I had that any of the consoles will ever see CP realized.

    Yeah It's sad.

  • They told us that it had to deal with dlcs transferring. Not all dlcs are transferring when you crossprogress with switch and for some reason that's outside their control.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    They've told us complications have arisen with Nintendo and BHVR. We can infer it's related to royalties being paid between platforms for any purchase made on another, or having to renegotiate a contract, based upon the released information in the Epic Games and Apple lawsuit a while back.

    You might be on to something. Thank you.

  • @Renjiro said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2827407#Comment_2827407

    Becouse bhvr is always like that. I mean just look at their last QNA. It doesn't feel like they're honest with us. And that's been the case alot of the time. I don't trust this company anymore. I just hope that they're seriously adressing it.

    I did watch their last QnA, hence the confusion.

    People say this kind of thing a lot, and it always confuses me. What are you actually basing it on?

  • Sorry... got a little hungry and I just couldnt help myself..

  • @Renjiro said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2827369#Comment_2827369

    Can you give me a source? I have never heard that they stated why.

    What platforms is Cross-Progression on? As of right now, cross-progression is between Steam, Stadia and Epic Games Store. Will I be able to transfer all my purchases to a different platform? For the most part yes, however Auric Cells and some virtual goods will not transfer due to licencing restrictions. Virtual Currency,…

    Sure