New Chapter Lore Concept
Very basic concept but I think it'd be kinds cool if both the killer and survivor were the same person. Like their backstory is the same to a certain point and then one choice different causes them to go along two very separate paths and leads to one being a killer and the other a survivor. It could be like "Flight of the Butterfly" in reference to the Butterfly Effect, and would fit in well with the concept of multiverses as established through licenced content and the new Observer lore we've been getting.
Idk I just thought of this a couple years back and it popped back into my head, I think it'd be cool.
Comments
That's kind of interesting...kind of like the movie "Sliding Doors" where we see two different paths by the same person just for missing a train one time. The life of these two people (although the same person) went very differently.
It's an interesting concept, which of course now has me thinking of parallel universes.
It's a very good idea, I'd love to see it- in fact, it doesn't even have to be an original chapter, I've maintained for a while that it'd be the best possible way to adapt Hotline Miami.
very cool
Like a split personality disorder type of killer; one whom thinks they are just another lost soul in the Fog; but in reality a malicious inhuman individual whom betray their "friends" to the Entity. That would be interesting concept
I'm gonna be honest, I don't really trust BHVR to handle DID (especially not after the Nurse Tome disaster) so I'm really not sold on that idea.
Neither do I, when It comes to them balanced the game. But they do most of the time gives us original unique ideas that stand out and give us the brilliant creative lore aspect.
I do wish though, Behavior not only does a better job at listening to Playerbase feedback and properly gives us some significant Quality of Life improvement changes; but at least give us a fan made submission chapter too.
I kinda want a chapter idea, created by the fans and then be embraced by the Devs to fully implemented into the game.
Balancing has nothing to do with my point. The lore team turned Nurse from a sympathetic villain to someone that believes in eugenics like... they ruined her lore and it was tragic. And considering their handling of this, I do not trust them to handle DID- a very sensitive issue- along with many other mental illnesses.
Multiverse? I believe in them. Mental illnesses? Not at all.
I read an idea of someones one time that spoke of bringing the "living" version of some of the killers as skins. I think it was during The hour of the Witch chapter when all the speculation was on Lisa Sherwood (The Hag) coming is an alternate universe survivor. It'd be pretty neat ๐
I could easily see this concept for The Observer, where he subconciously mentally conjures himself as both a survivor and a killer.