Did the server just get ddossed

So I was playing Freddy and randomly outta no where my game went into the loading screen style thing and pushed me back to the main screen saying "Network connection required to play" meanwhile my internet never went down. I load back into the game and receive a 5 minute penalty. Something feels very fishy about this situation.

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • Literally just had the same thing happen. I didn't get a dc penalty though because it was in the loading screen.

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    Literally just had the same thing happen. I didn't get a dc penalty though because it was in the loading screen.

    Okay then something must have happened I was so confused. It was so random thought someone Ddossed the server for a second.

  • @MonsterInMyMind said:

    So I was playing Freddy and randomly outta no where my game went into the loading screen style thing and pushed me back to the main screen saying "Network connection required to play" meanwhile my internet never went down. I load back into the game and receive a 5 minute penalty. Something feels very fishy about this situation.

    Interesting. While you posted this I just wrote my own little angry piece about error code 8012. Had one of the best games in recent memory ... ruined :V

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/311901/did-the-server-just-get-ddossed

    Interesting. While you posted this I just wrote my own little angry piece about error code 8012. Had one of the best games in recent memory ... ruined :V

    Yeah it seems something happened possible power outage at the server facility into back up generators turning on I'm guessing since it was so quick and back on. Who knows but this felt real weird.

  • Had it happen to me just as I got downed and was waiting for a spicy -rep on my profile for ragequitting.

    Glad it wasn't just me.

  • @not_Queef said:

    Had it happen to me just as I got downed and was waiting for a spicy -rep on my profile for ragequitting.

    Glad it wasn't just me.

    Yeah no it seems like it wasn't everyone but a good portion of people got kicked.

  • Got kicked from my next game as well. Well I guess I'm done for now, not gonna play if I can't finish a match without getting booted twice in a row. Nothing wrong with my internet btw.

  • Yeah same here. No problems though, maybe they had to log all of us out for a second.

  • My game disconnected literally 5 seconds before the Entity consumed me. Got DC penalty. Figures.

  • Displays status of Steam client, Steam store, Steam community, Dota 2, TF2 and CSGO

    looks like steam has been having issues for a little while

  • Thank goodness I wasn't the only one. I legit thought the TTV streamers just up and rage quit on me in a winnable match.

  • I've had a couple of weird bootings in the past few days, as killer. Each time it said I needed to be connected to the network, I got the penalty, but was awarded all my earned BP and the kills I got registered for a challenge.