Tunneling

Has anyone else noticed a big increase in the amount of tunneling killers the last month or so? Or have i just been very unlucky? It seems like almost every other game the killer will just tunnel one player out the game in the first few minutes. Do the devs condone tunneling? They can't seriously think that tunneling people out of the game is in any way healthy or fun for the person(s) being tunneled, especially right at the start of the match.

Comments

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2953602#Comment_2953602

    Hahaha what?

    There are maybe...two killers that are overpowered - and even then, at the tourney level, they come out at about even with the stronger SWF teams.

    The rest range from 'good' to 'terrible'.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2953605#Comment_2953605

    Well, duh. They've now succeeded in their goal of removing someone early.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2953601#Comment_2953601

    It's always been this way because...that's how this game is played at higher levels, and this trickles down to everyone else. Ie. the meta.

    Against a good SWF, if you don't get someone out by the time 3 gens are done, you've probably lost. Again - go watch some tournaments or higher MMR streams.

    It's not the killer's responsibility to distribute damage across the team. It's your responsibility to play cautiously, and your allies' responsibility to protect you.

    I simply don't care about all of this. I buy a game, I wanna play a game, if I require to have 3 other sweaty friends to be able to play a match, it should advertise it on the cover (not recommended for solo players). You either make it group based only, or you give me the tools to have a chance against being camped or tunnelled. Otherwise I'm not playing the game. So as long as I have the tools to counter being camped or tunnelled, through perks or base mechanics, and my solo queue is (though hard) playable, I can be fine with it. Make Dead by Daylight SWF only, and you will only play against SWF.

  • @Sumnox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2953611#Comment_2953611

    I simply don't care about all of this. I buy a game, I wanna play a game, if I require to have 3 other sweaty friends to be able to play a match, it should advertise it on the cover (not recommended for solo players). You either make it group based only, or you give me the tools to have a chance against being camped or tunnelled. Otherwise I'm not playing the game. So as long as I have the tools to counter being camped or tunnelled, through perks or base mechanics, and my solo queue is (though hard) playable, I can be fine with it. Make Dead by Daylight SWF only, and you will only play against SWF.

    Well, sure. And that's the Pandora's Box that BHVR opened when they added SWF. The game now has to be balanced around SWF, which sort of messes over solos. Otherwise, you're messing over killers. There are three sides here, and one is going to suffer.

    Which is why BHVR are adding some changes to help out solos, while also buffing killers.

    And yes, I get that you don't care about killer players and that your interest is entirely selfish here. But the game cannot be balanced around your desire to rock killers with ease in solo queue. This game also has to be balanced in a manner that allows killers a reasonable chance to win - and as long as SWF exists - it has to be a factor in this balancing equation.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2953624#Comment_2953624

    Well, sure. And that's the Pandora's Box that BHVR opened when they added SWF. The game now has to be balanced around SWF, which sort of messes over solos. Otherwise, you're messing over killers. There are three sides here, and one is going to suffer.

    Which is why BHVR are adding some changes to help out solos, while also buffing killers.

    And yes, I get that you don't care about killer players and that your interest is entirely selfish here. But the game cannot be balanced around your desire to rock killers with ease in solo queue. This game also has to be balanced in a manner that allows killers a reasonable chance to win - and as long as SWF exists - it has to be a factor in this balancing equation.

    I probably started playing killer before you. So spare me the lecture. And I probably have a lot more hours than you do, because I do have too many. So I do care about killers, because I play killer. It is universally known solo queue is the butt of the joke every time and it's always killers vs SWF.


    But tell me, what is Behaviour adding (and when, it's been years) to help me out in my solo queue matches?


    You have 2 choices to pick from : Nothing or Nothing.


    What one is it?

  • @Sumnox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2953630#Comment_2953630

    I probably started playing killer before you. So spare me the lecture. And I probably have a lot more hours than you do, because I do have too many. So I do care about killers, because I play killer. It is universally known solo queue is the butt of the joke every time and it's always killers vs SWF.

    But tell me, what is Behaviour adding (and when, it's been years) to help me out in my solo queue matches?

    You have 2 choices to pick from : Nothing or Nothing.

    What one is it?

    As the late, great Terry Pratchett once said 'my bum has been a bum for a very long time, but that doesn't mean anything it says is worth listening to' :).

    Unless were talking about something very specific, the persuasiveness of your opinion as opposed to mine is not influenced in the slightest by our relative hours played.

    But sure, that's an easy question to answer.

    SBMM was designed to help this, and from my own experiences - it has. It's not perfect, but it's certainly better than it was.

    In terms of the future - BHVR are adding pretty comprehensive status icons to survivors, which will let solos know who's being chased, who's working on gens, who's going to unhook, if the person on the hook is being camped etc.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2953641#Comment_2953641

    As the late, great Terry Pratchett once said 'my bum has been a bum for a very long time, but that doesn't mean anything it says is worth listening to' :).

    Unless were talking about something very specific, the persuasiveness of your opinion as opposed to mine is not influenced in the slightest by our relative hours played.

    But sure, that's an easy question to answer.

    SBMM was designed to help this, and from my own experiences - it has. It's not perfect, but it's certainly better than it was.

    In terms of the future - BHVR are adding pretty comprehensive status icons to survivors, which will let solos know who's being chased, who's working on gens, who's going to unhook, if the person on the hook is being camped etc.

    Alright, so the answer is, as I indicated, nothing.


    The future is the future, and remains to be seen. My hopes and trust in this studio is 0.

  • @LuckyLucy1999 said:

    Has anyone else noticed a big increase in the amount of tunneling killers the last month or so? Or have i just been very unlucky? It seems like almost every other game the killer will just tunnel one player out the game in the first few minutes. Do the devs condone tunneling? They can't seriously think that tunneling people out of the game is in any way healthy or fun for the person(s) being tunneled, especially right at the start of the match.

    The devs do condone it as it is a valid strategy and so is camping. Are they too advantageous? They can be which is a legitimate criticism, but there isn't much to be done about it unless the base gameplay of the game changes. We're pretty much at the limit for non disruptive/abusable counter mechanics.

  • They should keep tunnel sorry to say. You are not respected even if you don't tunnel. This game feels horrible for killers.

  • @Sumnox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2953685#Comment_2953685

    Alright, so the answer is, as I indicated, nothing.

    The future is the future, and remains to be seen. My hopes and trust in this studio is 0.

    No, the answer is - SBMM, and the previously announced status icons, as a start.

    You asked a question and I answered it. Solos have gotten help, and will receive more help in the future - as confirmed by the developers. You shifting the goalposts to 'well, I don't believe them' is immaterial. For all we know, the servers could be destroyed in a meteor strike tomorrow. But we need to proceed as if they won't, otherwise all feedback is pointless.

  • any killer that condones tunneling is probably tunnels players if you do then you suck as a killer because people do escape when the killer stays on one survivor. And I do not have a problem with camping.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2820440#Comment_2820440

    The problem is, that all survivors don't have BT & DS. I would agree that tunneling isn't a problem if there were built in counters to it, but there aren't. You have went through a pay-wall to get DS, then you have to equip DS and your teammate has to go through a pay-wall to get BT and they have to have BT equiped. (When I say pay walls, I mean bloodpoint and/or cash depending on the perk).

    Nothing confirmed yet but maybe BT will be base-kit. That can help

  • If I had a dime every time someone said

    "Anyone notice that (insert bad thing that legit always happens) is happening more than usual recently?"

    I'd be rolling in dough.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    Nah, killers are tunnelling from start to today. It was always strong strategy, so nothing changed. But survivors have BT & DS, so you can punish killers if they do that.

    *Waits out BT*

    *Waits out DS*

    I'm sorry how again can we punish killers that tunnel? Oh you mean the few that forget these perks exists. I've seen way more killers wait out those 2 perks than get punished by them. Once your mmr or whatever they use now puts you into a higher skill bracket those perks are essentially worthless in my opinion.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2820440#Comment_2820440

    *Waits out BT*

    *Waits out DS*

    I'm sorry how again can we punish killers that tunnel? Oh you mean the few that forget these perks exists. I've seen way more killers wait out those 2 perks than get punished by them. Once your mmr or whatever they use now puts you into a higher skill bracket those perks are essentially worthless in my opinion.

    That's almost a Generator's worth of time the Killer wastes waiting for 2 Perks, that the Survivor may or may not have. That's a win in my book

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2954668#Comment_2954668

    That's almost a Generator's worth of time the Killer wastes waiting for 2 Perks, that the Survivor may or may not have. That's a win in my book

    And that is why no intelligent killer trying to tunnel someone out waits for DS.

  • @LuckyLucy1999 said:

    Has anyone else noticed a big increase in the amount of tunneling killers the last month or so? Or have i just been very unlucky? It seems like almost every other game the killer will just tunnel one player out the game in the first few minutes. Do the devs condone tunneling? They can't seriously think that tunneling people out of the game is in any way healthy or fun for the person(s) being tunneled, especially right at the start of the match.

    just play something else, your nervous system will thank you later trust me... the game became boring, unfun and unhealty for various reasons, one of those is that you must "rush" your goal from both sides in order to win: as killer you NEED to play dirty in order to get some advantages and to slow down the gens (even then it's not granted), as solo survivor you need to rush generators if you aren't chased (playing with randoms is a suicide most of the times due to their incompetence) or to play safe in case you were the chased survivor. In this circumstance not only you must pray that your team will save you (most of the times you'll die on 1st hook due again to the incompetence of your team), but you must also endure the killers who camp and tunnel. despite i consider myself a former killer main i played both sides so i know what i'm talking about. i just went to play other games since the devs show us that more than once that they don't care about those issues...

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2954668#Comment_2954668

    That's almost a Generator's worth of time the Killer wastes waiting for 2 Perks, that the Survivor may or may not have. That's a win in my book

    Well for DS if a survivor got tunneled and is on the ground that is 1 less survivor working on a gen. Waiting out BT is just a few short seconds.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2954682#Comment_2954682

    Well for DS if a survivor got tunneled and is on the ground that is 1 less survivor working on a gen. Waiting out BT is just a few short seconds.

    72 seconds are 144 seconds worth of Generator time, if the Survivor team is efficient, so it's a huge time loss for the Killer

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2954697#Comment_2954697

    72 seconds are 144 seconds worth of Generator time, if the Survivor team is efficient, so it's a huge time loss for the Killer

    No I mean if a survivor gets tunneled (and downed within a few seconds of getting unhooked) the killer can just leave them on the ground and pressure the other survivors while they wait out DS. Its all situational. My point is neither perk is really super effective at preventing tunneling.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2954702#Comment_2954702

    No I mean if a survivor gets tunneled (and downed within a few seconds of getting unhooked) the killer can just leave them on the ground and pressure the other survivors while they wait out DS. Its all situational. My point is neither perk is really super effective at preventing tunneling.

    Yes, that's the math I just did. 1 Survivor on the ground, 1 picking up and 2 on Generators.


    No Perk should prevent tunneling, you shouldn't be able to 1v1 the Killer

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2954706#Comment_2954706

    Yes, that's the math I just did. 1 Survivor on the ground, 1 picking up and 2 on Generators.

    No Perk should prevent tunneling, you shouldn't be able to 1v1 the Killer

    Its still situational and circumstantial. That view is based on the assumption 1 is picking up and 2 are on generators. You also have to factor in daily rituals, rift challenges and pretty much every other reason the other survivors are there for. Its why there will probably never be a widely accepted balance in this game by the community.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2954710#Comment_2954710

    Its still situational and circumstantial. That view is based on the assumption 1 is picking up and 2 are on generators. You also have to factor in daily rituals, rift challenges and pretty much every other reason the other survivors are there for. Its why there will probably never be a widely accepted balance in this game by the community.

    if the Survivor team is efficient

    If we're taking every single circumstance, then we might aswell take the time of day into consideration

1 2 ›