Why is BHVR afraid to make unique killers
Sadako is perhaps the creepiest killer to come out to DBD, yet I find her not living up to her potential. From the movies, you know her as the creepy girl slowly approaching you from a short distance. No matter where you go, she is always there. Why do we have Sadako playing Mario Kart with her Speedy Gonzales movement speed? That does not make sense in the way she is presented in the movies.
DBD needs Killers that are extremely slow but possess powers that would make up for their slow speed. Powers of mind games, teleportation, and illusions. Sadako was perfect for such design, but she ended up being just another rehashed killer borrowing powers from other killers, making her anything but unique.
Sadako would have also deserved a twisted crawling state similar to Kayako from Grudge, making her extra creepy, but I guess that would be too complex for BHVR to do, seeing as all the Killers follow the same formula. Else we would have probably got some kind of spider or hellhound or another type of four/eight-legged killer by now, I guess.
In short, I am disappointed in how one of my favorite horror icons turned out to be. BHVR needs to innovate and come up with killers that bring something completely new to DBD, not just another basic power mimicking old Killers.
Comments
I can actually finally reply to this. Definitely agree though, Freddy looked like such an interesting killer back in the day and it’s a shame I never got to try him out. He won’t be as fun as Spirit as no one will top Spirit for me :)
Maybe one day they’ll bring him back.
Ye ofc I think Doc is one of the coolest and most unique killers but since he speficly said "new" killers I just took the most recent ones here. Pyramid head is also such a well designed killer for example.
Not adding anything new yet again besides the "Condemned" status effect is just straight up LAZY. I use that word more than I see any other poster on these forums, but hey it is the WHOLE TRUTH. They are LAZY. If the game engine is that bad to where its hard to program new mechanics into the game then I still blame them for their choice to keep the game in the engine that it is currently in. When Freddy got changed the first time and he was so overwhelming for people....THAT was exactly how powerful I think all Killers should be. The fact that they nerf Killers as much as they do will end this game sooner rather than later. They can only ignore it for so long, unless DBD really does have a much larger amount of fools than I presume, just purchasing cosmetics left and right, fueling the laziness and laid back attitude of the developers to continue...